Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Am I right in thinking we've got about half an hour to get a striker in for tomorrow?
    Davison will come in. Or Williams alongside Washington :lol:

• Also, seems like Schwartz isn't happening today or hasn't happened yet from what LB says here. 

"Two weeks to bring in two strikers"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f76ec02b0dbe/macauley-bonne-makes-permanent-transfer-to-queens-park-rangers
    So Washington up front on his own tomorrow. Or Davison will start. 
    Chuks is available too I think. 
  • Decent offer for an as yet unproven player at Champ level. Expect to see some incomings imminently. One of them being the long awaited reveal of Schwartz.
    Leaves us short for tomorrow
  • So two strikers to come in. With Schwartz possibly in doubt I wonder who the two will be ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Am I right in thinking we've got about half an hour to get a striker in for tomorrow?
    Davison will come in. Or Williams alongside Washington :lol:

I'd start with Maddison just behind Washington and take him off when he's knackered. Better than the other options.
  • edited October 2020
    Front 3 will be Doughty Aneke Washington

Expect all of Davison, Williams, Oztumer and Maddison to be involved at some point too.

2 strikers in by the end of the window, a centre back and a right back. I'd be looking at a winger in the Leko mould too personally, (I'd say the Andre Green mould but he was jank)
  • sam3110 said:
    Front 3 will be Doughty Aneke Washington

Expect all of Davison, Williams, Oztumer and Maddison to be involved at some point too.

2 strikers in by the end of the window, a centre back and a right back. I'd be looking at a winger in the Leko mould too personally, (I'd say the Andre Green mould but he was jank)
    Aneke won’t start.
  • Schwartz can't play tomorrow anyway due to quarantine?

I also don't think Aneke will be fit to start, Maddison won't be either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think it'll be Doughty Lw washington ST and Albie/Maddison RW. I liked the look of Washington when he played at posh with Maddison feeding him. I'm not worried tbh. 
  • Schwartz was never signing.

Who in their right mind is walking away from Champions League football to play L1 football?
  • Maddison's not available tomorrow is he?
  • edited October 2020
    Maddison's not available tomorrow is he?
    Why?
    Belv said:
    Schwartz was never signing.

Who in their right mind is walking away from Champions League football to play L1 football?
    Well seeing Schwartz hasnt been picked as part of their Champions League squad...
    He's eligible to play

Whether he's fit enough to play if another matter
  • Belv said:

He's been frozen out by his club, hasn't played at all this season.
    Why?
    Belv said:

Well seeing Schwartz hasnt been picked as part of their Champions League squad...
    Touche
  • Also, seems like Schwartz isn't happening today or hasn't happened yet from what LB says here. 

"Two weeks to bring in two strikers"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f76ec02b0dbe/macauley-bonne-makes-permanent-transfer-to-queens-park-rangers
    So Washington up front on his own tomorrow. Or Davison will start. 
    Imagine we will play 4-3-3 with doughty Washington and either Williams or Oztumer wide right (as I imagine MM isn’t fit to start). Aneke to come off the bench second half.
    Bit concerned with Maddison being referred to as MM, 
    Could get mixed up with someone else a bit iffy.... ;)
  • edited October 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    To be honest I am much more concerned about the other end of the pitch tomorrow. Depending on Chuks, and Maddison's fitness we have Williams or Erhan who can play the number 10 role and support Washington. 

I feel a back 4 with Deji at CB and Barker at RB is just giving the game to Sunderland.
    I'm not expecting much tomorrow, would gladly take a point now if offered.

We know we're playing catch up on the rest of the division in terms of building a squad. As long as we get some signings in and they're fit and ready to go by the next game v Wigan, i'll be happy. For me our 'proper' season starts then.
  • edited October 2020
    Don't we have to sign him by 23.00 on Monday? 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Not sure what happens with Phillips if no one comes in for him, puts Bowyer in a difficult position imo
    He either signs a contract and fights for the number 1 spot, or he rots in the u23’s for a year and be forgotten about. 

I like Dillon but he’s not a 25 goal as season striker, he’s a pretty good goal keeper in the Championship. Nobody is going to break their backs trying to sign him.  
    Can’t he fight for the number one spot without signing a contract? Plenty of other players are out of contract in the summer, should they rot too?
    Are they refusing to sign new deals because they think they’re better than what we are? If Dillon has his heart set on leaving then we shouldn’t let him anywhere near the first team, it might be good in the short term but we need to be thinking long term. 

Amos is fine at this level. We don’t need Phillips, but he might need us. 
    Disagree with pretty much all of that.

We slated Taylor for not honouring his contract but won’t give Phillips a chance to honour his, odd perspective. If they are under contract and willing to play then pick your best players, Phillips is by far our best goalkeeper.

Now if Phillips has said he doesn’t want to play, that’s a different story, but I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that?
    Apples and oranges mate - Taylor refused to play during a relegation scrap while we were still paying his wages. 

Dillon doesn't want to be here so we've decided to sell him. That's in the best interest of both parties, whereas Taylor fucked us out of pure selfishness.

It would be madness to play a keeper who doesn't want to be here, and then have to upset the defence when he eventually leaves. This was his choice, you reap what you sow.
  • Ben Heneghan would be cheap.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Don't we have to sign him by 23.00 on Monday? 
    Yes
  • Who was the ex sheff wed and Barnsley striker we were linked with a month back? Can't remember his name 
  • Who was the ex sheff wed and Barnsley striker we were linked with a month back? Can't remember his name 
    Sam Winnall
    Sam Winnall
    Think he went to oxford 
  • Belv said:

How do you know he hasn't signed.
  • redbuttle said:
    Belv said:

How do you know he hasn't signed.
    If he has signed it seems a bit strange for Bowyer to say we have 2 weeks to find 2 strikers. Surely all Bowyer needed to say was we have 2 weeks to find a replacement for Bonne!