Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I’d be concerned if we’ve sold Bonne without virtually acquiring a striker, would be stupid to sell and then start looking 
    Clubs now know we need one and will mark up the price...
  • I’d be concerned if we’ve sold Bonne without virtually acquiring a striker, would be stupid to sell and then start looking 
    Yeah, very quickly we're going to become the ones looking mugs!!

What if you know the striker you want and the club is less well off and will take anything you give them.

Think this striker is incoming from over the water. And i dont mean that DANE.

Not in the know.

What if you know the striker you want and the club is less well off and will take anything you give them.

Not in the know.
    so a striker from the Isle of Wight eh?
  • USA........
  • USA........
    Dom Dwyer signing at last?
  • Sponsored links:

• What time is today’s press conference? 
    Not been mentioned. 
  • Wonder if Bows will go after Sam Baldock again?
  • So how many first team players can we sign now? Assuming Phillips goes, I’ve got us down for four first team signings and however many u21 loans we need
  • So how many first team players can we sign now? Assuming Phillips goes, I’ve got us down for four first team signings and however many u21 loans we need
    As long as it together all comes under the wage cap.

• Ben Johnson from West Ham on loan at RB looks likely now.

Why do you say that?

I think you probably need to provide a little bit more than that. 

And this is coming from the person who started the rumour!
  • Sponsored links:

Why do you say that?
     West Ham just signed a new right back for £5 million and Johnson wont get much game time now as well as being out of the Carabao Cup. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Maybe the fee received for Bonne has meant a change in targets, in that we can pay fees instead of having to find free agents.
     If the negotiations have been going on in the background then I would guess Gallen/Bowyer have quite sensibly been waiting for the outcome before playing their own hand.
    Frustrating that we are now down one striker but Bowyer seems very confident this will not be the case for long and he normally errs on the side of caution.
    Not so sure, would imagine Schwartz came with a fee anyway. 
  • Watson and Maddison on the face of it look decent signings for League One.
    They were both free agents though, so were easy enough to negotiate given their current circumstances.
    We are still a significant number of quality bodies short to give us a shot towards the top end of the division as Gallen alluded to in last nights video.
    Unless Bowyer and Gallen are being very patient for the better quality players that are likely to remain "considering options" until the end of the window, then the present incomings are woefully short of what is required.............. patience is still needed by all I guess.

Not in the know.
    so a striker from the Isle of Wight eh?
    Or North of the river!!
  • Hearing that Schwartz might not happen now and we are looking at other targets. Bit confused as I was told it was done the other day!
    That is not possible if the deal was done.
  • I wonder if Bows and Gallen are looking at Liam Miller of Liverpool for a loan - highly rated - and good experience at Kilmarnock last season . Could be a very good League 1 loan. 
  • I hope you were right originally regarding Schwartz, he really does look quite lethal... on YouTube etc lol 
  • We have tomorrow's game, then by the next time we play both the international and domestic transfer windows will be closed and we'll have our final squad. It's frustrating but in the long run it's much better to wait (if they think there will be better options coming up) than rush people in for this one match. 
    Yep, season starts in earnest in 2 weeks