Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I'd be happy with £2m for Bonne with a sell on clause. He hasn't looked interested this season so it's probably best for all parties that he's allowed to move on

I haven't watched a single Cafc match this season as I enjoy being at games even if they are Step 4 (8th or 9th tier) so will take the word of Charlton fans who are watching on line. 

If Bonne and his agent fancy a move to QPR, why would MB be disinterested if a scout, or Manager is watching ?  (I assume only on line ?) I swear Macaulay got a cracking goal against Crewe or Swindon ? 

Players have bad games but with forwards its more a case of you live or die by your first touch, movement, and goals. Plus getting into goal scoring positions to miss !

Agree KA, 2 million + any add ons may be worth moving him on IF we can replace with new strikers who score at League 1 level. 
    Good luck Steve Gallen. 

• edited October 2020
    Don’t get me wrong, 11 goals in the championship is decent but I don’t just judge someone from picking up the paper and seeing who scored. I judge Bonne for his hold up play, intelligence, runs, link up and overall finishing. What I’ve concluded is that he isn’t that great and in fact appears to be getting worse. The players around him have slightly declined in quality too, but that shouldn’t affect his personal ability to control a football. I think QPR must either be extremely desperate or he’s going there as someone to chuck on with 10 mins to go.
    I understand this but with strikers we shouldn't dismiss what picking up the paper tells us. I think Schwartz likes to play wide coming in, from what I have gathered on the net so maybe a target man type would be better for the team given that we have Washington who has similar attributes to Bonne. Not sure who that is though, in terms of who is in  our range.

Confident Gallen and Bowyer will have somebody in mind if they are happy for Bonne to leave.
  • Not sure what happens with Phillips if no one comes in for him, puts Bowyer in a difficult position imo
    He either signs a contract and fights for the number 1 spot, or he rots in the u23’s for a year and be forgotten about. 

I like Dillon but he’s not a 25 goal a season striker, he’s a pretty good goal keeper in the Championship. Nobody is going to break their backs trying to sign him.  

Agree, his footwork is poor, so only a couple of "hand of God" goals for Dillon.

• In an ideal world we would keep Bonne but this isn’t an ideal world. At this point he’s not good enough for a promotion push in my opinion and on that basis we need someone who is. Because of the cap, places and money are tight. I don’t think for one minute that the fee QPR will pay will be above £1.5 million and I expect lower with add ons. £2.5 million would be ridiculous. We also can’t stand in his way. QPR could be a very good move for him and I’m sure he fancies that challenge. 
  • If we have Dillon a new contract, wouldn't that be included in the wages cap as a deal done after the cap came into play?

Another example of how distorting the wages cap is
  • Personally a bit sad to see him go but can't argue with that fee. 
  • In an ideal world we would keep Bonne but this isn’t an ideal world. At this point he’s not good enough for a promotion push in my opinion and on that basis we need someone who is. Because of the cap, places and money are tight. I don’t think for one minute that the fee QPR will pay will be above £1.5 million and I expect lower with add ons. £2.5 million would be ridiculous. We also can’t stand in his way. QPR could be a very good move for him and I’m sure he fancies that challenge. 
    Bonne in a poor team looks a poor player.

But put him in a better team, Bonne's good enough as a box poacher - if the players around him are good enough and he gets a plentiful supply of chances.
    He'll convert sufficient number of them to bag a decent tally of goals.

But Bowyer often prefers to play 2 strikers who can drive with the ball and create their own chances.
    Bonne's is not really that player.

• Ouch thought it was just paper talk
  • Sponsored links:

• Well that all but confirms we'll have anothet 1 in today. Good luck to Macauley but a good profit for us when you look at it. Trust in Bow and SG on this
  • MattF said:

For that price and in the current situation you can't really say no if it means the squad as a whole gets a bit of an upgrade.
  • Shame, could have been a good squad player, didn't take him long
    to the their rubbish shirt on did it? :)
  • Can we please get at least this right back in before the deadline, our defence is still very shaky and Sunderland are a decent team.
  • Shame, could have been a good squad player, didn't take him long
    to get their rubbish shirt on did it? :)

• If a striker isn't signed in the next 40 minutes, then who plays up front with Washington Saturday?
  • daveroan said:
    If a striker isn't signed in the next 40 minutes, then who plays up front with Washington Saturday?
    @seth plum he said so himself...... 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

Not gonna lie, this one makes me a bit sad. Seems like a nice guy but with a 1.8mil profit on him you can't argue too much... Any ideas on sell on?
  • Also, seems like Schwartz isn't happening today or hasn't happened yet from what LB says here. 

"Two weeks to bring in two strikers"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f76ec02b0dbe/macauley-bonne-makes-permanent-transfer-to-queens-park-rangers
  • Am I right in thinking we've got about half an hour to get a striker in for tomorrow?
  • Am I right in thinking we've got about half an hour to get a striker in for tomorrow?
    I’d say a defender (RB) is a bigger priority
  • Also, seems like Schwartz isn't happening today or hasn't happened yet from what LB says here. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f76ec02b0dbe/macauley-bonne-makes-permanent-transfer-to-queens-park-rangers
    So Washington up front on his own tomorrow. Or Davison will start. 
  • Well that all but confirms we'll have anothet 1 in today. Good luck to Macauley but a good profit for us when you look at it. Trust in Bow and SG on this
    Bow said we have now got two weeks to get two strikers in so one today looking unlikely ..

So Washington up front on his own tomorrow. Or Davison will start. 
    Imagine we will play 4-3-3 with doughty Washington and either Williams or Oztumer wide right (as I imagine MM isn’t fit to start). Aneke to come off the bench second half.
  • PopIcon said:
    daveroan said:
    If a striker isn't signed in the next 40 minutes, then who plays up front with Washington Saturday?
    Chuks is back.
    oh good, give him a banjo and I'm sure he won't hit a cow's arse with it ....
  • Decent offer for an as yet unproven player at Champ level. Expect to see some incomings imminently. One of them being the long awaited reveal of Schwartz.
    Bowyer quoted to say 'two weeks to find two strikers', for internationals that window shuts Monday/Tuesday I believe. How sure are you that Schwartz is actually done?