Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Why are people excited for Ronnie Schwartz? Had anyone heard of him until a couple of weeks ago? 
  • West Ham have signed the right back they was after. 

👀
  • CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:
    Why are people excited for Ronnie Schwartz? Had anyone heard of him until a couple of weeks ago? 
    Top scorer of a league that is comparable, if not slightly better than, the league we currently play in and he's leaving a team who are playing in the Champions League... I'd say its a coup. Not seen him play myself, and he could turn out to be shite, but on paper it looks a good signing. 
    Sounds good!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:
    Why are people excited for Ronnie Schwartz? Had anyone heard of him until a couple of weeks ago? 
    Top scorer of a league that is comparable, if not slightly better than, the league we currently play in and he's leaving a team who are playing in the Champions League... I'd say its a coup. Not seen him play myself, and he could turn out to be shite, but on paper it looks a good signing. 
    Plus in the absence of Chuks we have exactly two established strikers, one of which is out of form/confidence.

Signing almost any striker is a good thing right now. Schwartz being a poacher type with Madison to provide the service sounds exciting.
  • edited October 2020
    Having players with the vision of Maddison and Levitt in the team massively changes our attacking prospects. But Bowyer is right that we need a new striker who can put those chances away. Someone clever who can make the right runs. I would not be surprised to see Schwartz + a young loanee and Bonne either goes or plays a much lesser role.
  • edited October 2020
    Chuks returned to training this week. Not disagreeing though. An added point. With an offensive midfield that has goals in it, it is amazing how strikers find form. Well it isn't amazing, midfields with no goals mean you target stopping the strikers in a way you can't if you have to worry about other threats more. 
  • se9addick said:
    Well even if you don’t take note of the stats he has in a league better than ours.  I guess by default you could be excited because he’s being signed by Bowyer and Gallen who for the first time have multiple options who aren’t chuckaways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chuks returned to training this week. Not disagreeing though. An added point. With an offensive midfield that has goals in it, it is amazing how strikers find form. Well it isn't amazing, midfields with no goals mean you target stopping the strikers in a way you can't if you have to worry about other threats more. 
    It works the other way as well, if you have a pair of strikers with great movement it's amazing how the midfielders suddenly start scoring and having assists. 
  • dickplumb said:
    Chris Gunter is the right back. Has been at Sparrows lane and The Valley today.
    Spurs-supporting friend says he’ll be good for us. 

I mean, he left them in 2009
    So my friend has a long memory. 
  • FC Midtjylland logosvg Charlton Athletic FC - Wikipedia

Hmm.  A new network?
    Am i the only one who thinks the FC Midtjylland logo is a roast chicken trying to fly?
    I see a wolf with evil eyes staring out.
    I see Angelina Jolie getting her norks out but I’m just weird. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chuks returned to training this week. Not disagreeing though. An added point. With an offensive midfield that has goals in it, it is amazing how strikers find form. Well it isn't amazing, midfields with no goals mean you target stopping the strikers in a way you can't if you have to worry about other threats more. 
    It works the other way as well, if you have a pair of strikers with great movement it's amazing how the midfielders suddenly start scoring and having assists. 
    Very true, but they have to have it in them in terms of goals. Some players, some very good players, don't. If I wanted to put a team together, it needs shots from outside the area in it and midfielders not afraid to drive into the box. It also needs midfielders who have a bit of composure in front of goal. That is alongside the usual midfield attributes.
  • Maybe if we sell Bonne and bring in Schwartz we'd be looking to bring in a prem loan as they'd have more chance of getting game time
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like Bowyer and Gallen are confident we can bring in someone better or perhaps with a more all round game than Bonne.
    Yep also sounds like QPR are willing to pay more than we think he's worth
  • If Bowyer still thinks Bonne is a work in progress but isn’t what we need at the moment, would it be a shock if we sent him on loan to QPR to free up his wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm a little confused by this transfer window.  Sky just said Brentford's Said  Benrahma has until Monday to seal a move to the premier league. 

That's not true is it? I thought players could move domestically for another 2 weeks?

Or have I misunderstood?
  • The summer 2020 transfer window is open from 27 July to 23:00 BST on 5 October. A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can trade only with those in the EFL or below, will run from 23:01 BST on 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.
  • se9addick said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:
    Sounds good!
    Mainly on the bench for Sarpsborg in Norwegian top league 2018. Forced a move away in the middle of his two year contract. Really found his feet at second level Danish club Silkeborg. Promoted to the top flight in 2019 and scored 12 more goals at Silkeborg last year. Got his big move January 2020 til Midtjylland, who at that point in theory already was League Champions. Second half of the season he scored 6 goals, including 2 pens. Now left out from their first game in August and hasnt played a minute. Schwartz is certainly able to score goals at English League One level. But he isnt a Champions League striker. And he didnt fire Midtjylland to their Championship. Dont be disappointed if we miss out or look elsewhere! His current contract makes this a huge gamble, in my opinion.
  • I'm a little confused by this transfer window.  Sky just said Brentford's Said  Benrahma has until Monday to seal a move to the premier league. 

That's not true is it? I thought players could move domestically for another 2 weeks?

Or have I misunderstood?
    It could be Brentford are eying up a replacement from abroad, do they're saying to the player "you move whilst the international window is open, or we're not selling you"
  • Sounds very much like we will sign a RB, CB and striker who will count towards the cap. I’m expecting the LB and a loan striker who then don’t. It’s not a bad move but if Bonne scores goals he’s going to be worth 4/5 times what we sell him for. Hopefully there’s a sell on included 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    24 years old, 11 goals last season and 2 years left on his contract, anything less than 2.5m is bad business imo
    I reckon it will be about 1.5 rising to 2/2.5 and hopefully a sell on clause. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    24 years old, 11 goals last season and 2 years left on his contract, anything less than 2.5m is bad business imo
    Particularly as they have a huge chunk of money to spend from
    selling Eze. Not like they can’t afford to pay £2.5m. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I reckon it will be about 1.5 rising to 2/2.5 and hopefully a sell on clause. 
    This 👆🏼