Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    I thought Peterborough had signed him.. 

Obviously not as per Wiki!! 
  • MattF said:

Peterborough had a bid accepted but he turned down the move, Hull and Middlesbrough reportedly interested a few weeks ago
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Peterborough had a bid accepted but he turned down the move, Hull and Middlesbrough reportedly interested a few weeks ago
    Cheers, thought that was done and dusted 
  • edited October 2020
    Ex palace burn the heretic.

Exciting young prospect. Probably more affordable than Gunter or Matthews.
  • Thing I don't understand about Matthews is if he is hanging around waiting for a championship club to offer him a deal but is still training with us in case it doesn't happen, when is his cut off point where he'd be willing to sign with us? He can't be waiting for the window to shut as a free agent, so how long was he planning to leave it
  • Randell Williams is a winger.
  • MattF said:
    Decent player, he scored against us at the Valley for Wycombe. 
  • FC Midtjylland logosvg Charlton Athletic FC - Wikipedia

Hmm.  A new network?
    Am i the only one who thinks the FC Midtjylland logo is a roast chicken trying to fly?
    I see a wolf with evil eyes staring out.
    I thought it was a bear 🤷‍♂️
  • Looks more like a winger. Likes to cut in from the right onto his left foot but can also use his right foot a bit too. Looks a good player but not sure where he fits in the squad... https://youtu.be/0TU6cBK368U
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks more like a winger. Likes to cut in from the right onto his left foot but can also use his right foot a bit too. Looks a good player but not sure where he fits in the squad... https://youtu.be/0TU6cBK368U
    Definitely a winger but a player we should definitely be looking at if he is available. We need to be picking up the best in league 1 and 2 I think. 
  • Does anyone remember the name of a winger we were looking at who played for Dagenham (I think!) maybe 6/7 years back.
  • edited October 2020
    Does anyone remember the name of a winger we were looking at who played for Dagenham (I think!) maybe 6/7 years back.
    Jodi jones !?

At coventry city now
  • Just like that! Well played chaps. 
  • I always wondered what happened to him and if he’d turned out any good. 
  • Now at Coventry, still only 22 years old. 
  • I think Matthews, good player though he is, messed Bowyer around too much in the end. He knew we wanted him but him and his agent wouldn’t commit. No idea if true but I heard that Matthews was given a deadline to sign and didn’t. Fair enough. That’s football but Gunter is going to be very steady at League one level. Our defence was very motheaten. 

I think Bow is assembling a squad of players aimed specifically to get out of this league this season. Gunter is 31, Schwartz is 31 and Watson is 35. Not building for the future but certainly should be very good at the level we are at. 

Of all seasons I think this makes sense for both club and players. The one year contract + option offers flexibility both ways - if they're good and we go up great, if we go up and they're not good enough we can get better players in on higher wages in the champ. What I'm saying is becuase of the salary cap in L1 I think we'd be likely to have massive squad churn if we were to go up, so might as well look short term to escape the cap.
  • Notice that Ben Godfrey (Norwich) is having a medical @ Everton

Another great signing for the latter but hopefully doesnt tempt Norwich into recalling Famewo in January

After all Bowyer admitted the other month that all loan signings come with the recall clause
  • Sponsored links:

Another great signing for the latter but hopefully doesnt tempt Norwich into recalling Famewo in January

After all Bowyer admitted the other month that all loan signings come with the recall clause
    You'd imagine Norwich will replace Godfrey. I reckon they should have Deji for 10mil. 
  • On playing who where why does everyone  think we have to protect Barker. 

Alan Campbell,  Paul Went, Billy Bonds and Bobby Curtis all made league debuts at 17 Paul Went I think was a record British teenage signing at 17,000 in 1967 aged 18 having 50 games already at Leyton Orient. 
    Bowyer was 17 when he debuted for Charlton and also a record teenage signing at 2.8 millions.
    Because having a young player with great potential is a great thing but RELYING on a young player is a very bad idea. 
    For every Bowyer or Gomez who made it there are dozens of "next big things" who never made it beyond lower league journeyman.

• I still think we should sign him because it’s always cool when players have to use their first initial on the back of their shirt.

J.WILLIAMS and R.WILLIAMS
    Liverpool had N.WILLIAMS and R.WILLIAMS tonight! 
  • Randell Williams looks a decent player.  I watched him in the playoffs last season and he caught the eye.  Tricky and direct and a winger/wingback I believe 
    finished with player of the year, goal of the season and in theL2 team of the year 

14 assists and 5 goals

Their manager Matt Taylor is in touch with Charlton still so it’s entirely possible.  Would suit 3 at the back as a flying wingback 

Knowing our luck they'll recall him on Monday.
  • Ben Johnson 
    Ronnie Schwartz 
    Koiki

And I'll be happy :)
  • Ben Johnson 
    Ronnie Schwartz 
    Koiki

And I'll be happy :)
    That would still leave us a CB short.
  • thenewbie said:
    On playing who where why does everyone  think we have to protect Barker. 

Alan Campbell,  Paul Went, Billy Bonds and Bobby Curtis all made league debuts at 17 Paul Went I think was a record British teenage signing at 17,000 in 1967 aged 18 having 50 games already at Leyton Orient. 
    Bowyer was 17 when he debuted for Charlton and also a record teenage signing at 2.8 millions.
    Because having a young player with great potential is a great thing but RELYING on a young player is a very bad idea. 
    For every Bowyer or Gomez who made it there are dozens of "next big things" who never made it beyond lower league journeyman.

Also Barker only played because of the situation regarding the embargo.

No one even suspected he would get a run like this in the 1st team.   He said himself his goal for this season was to establish himself in the U23s.

Bowyer was so good you couldn't leave him out once he was in (which was actually his second season as a pro) and Gomez was "protected" by us and Liverpool before he played every game at center back. 
  • edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    Guessing we're not likely to see Maddison or the potential defender unless its Matthews on Saturday 
    Reckon we'll see Marcus on the bench with the Right-Back potentially starting if he comes in before midday

Dont forget the bench has still involved the likes of Vennings of late so guess he'll primarily go back to the U23s apart from EFL Trophy and FA Cup matches 
    He hasn't played since February, so there's no way he can be match fit and it'd be a risk to throw him into a game after 7 months of inactivity.

He will surely need the 2 weeks training between the Sunderland and Wigan games to get back up to some level of fitness.