Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• MattF said:
    MattF said:
    Just annoying as Luton fans won't stop piping up about Lockyer, now they'll pipe up about us not re-signing Matthews to replace him
    Why would we replace Lockyer with Matthews?
    This was during the one out one in transfer embargo, not an issue now for us but they'll love it
    So?
  • Not sure about Gunter, he’d definitely be good at this level but I was hoping for a younger option. I trust whatever Bowyer wants 
  • Amazed that Gunter is only 31! 
  • I'd take Matthews or Gunter tbf. No moaning from me if we get either of them.
    Prefer Mathews as he is younger and would help us stabilise in the coming seasons. But if he does not want to stay, Günter is a great alternative. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Bow's jumper is not available in the club shop, unfortunately 😔 #cafc 
    @Ollywozere Can you as Bows where he got the jumper when you have a moment between all the incomings
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Gunter over Matthews....not for me
    Same here. I can't remember much about Gunter but he'd have to be something special to be better than Matthews, who was my POTY last season. 
  • Not sure about Gunter, he’d definitely be good at this level but I was hoping for a younger option. I trust whatever Bowyer wants 
    What Bowyer wants is to get out of this division.

He'll try to do whatever it takes.

• Would prefer Matthews but not particularly disappointed if Gunter signs on, international breaks off if he signs?

• Sponsored links:

• I’m in the Matthews over Gunter gang. I don’t see how that’s an improvement 
    But Mathews isn’t our player and wants to move to a Championship club.
  • Matthews had an excellent season but he didn't create/assist a single goal. That's how you analyse a player's attacking ability and not just intent.
  • Lee’s jumper isn’t as bad a stinker as Maddison’s watch...
    Have we all turned into Gok Wan?
  • Leuth said:
    Matthews isn't an attacking full-back either
    I'm sorry..???.  He was our best attacking treat second  half of last season. Put in more & better crosses than anyone else.
  • Surprised Gunter is only 31, remember singing him on FM all the time, and it feels like that was about 15 years ago.
  • edited October 2020
    mendonca said:
    Matthews had an excellent season but he didn't create/assist a single goal. That's how you analyse a player's attacking ability and not just intent.
    He started 28 games with one sub appearance, contributing one assist and creating two “big chances”.

https://www.sofascore.com/player/adam-matthews/50826
  • mendonca said:
    Matthews had an excellent season but he didn't create/assist a single goal. That's how you analyse a player's attacking ability and not just intent.
    Doughty's amazing volley against Wigan. Where to be fair the cross was hardly threatening 
  • Contrast to Chris Gunter who started 18 games, contributed 0 assists and created 0 “big chances”. I’m not sure either option jumps off the page at you!

https://www.sofascore.com/player/chris-gunter/17536
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    mendonca said:
    Doughty's amazing volley against Wigan. Where to be fair the cross was hardly threatening 
    More fool Wigan then as we scored from it
  • mendonca said:
    Blimmin' stats again.

Straight off the top of my head, home to Wigan, 93rd minute losing 1-2.
    Matthews charges down the wing and slings over a well weighted cross, Aneke knocks it down, Bonno moves on to it and strokes it home.

Stats say: assist Aneke. But Matthews was key, without his run and cross the goal would never have happened.

They'll be other instances like that also. Stat's, eh? They never tell the full story.

• mendonca said:
    Not really, I’d use stats as you have if I hadn’t seen the player play much or at all.  It’s more than that.  Williams was our attacking spark second half of 18/19, got a few assists and no goals.
  • Redrobo said:
    I’m in the Matthews over Gunter gang. I don’t see how that’s an improvement 
    But Mathews isn’t our player and wants to move to a Championship club.
    Bowyers very good at dropping little things into press conferences to get his own way. Bowyer could be putting pressure on Matthews to sign
  • mendonca said:
    Reading at home for doughty