Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I'll still be disappointed if he goes, but if Bowyer's happy IBWT
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    24 years old, 11 goals last season and 2 years left on his contract, anything less than 2.5m is bad business imo
    Particularly as they have a huge chunk of money to spend from
    selling Eze. Not like they can’t afford to pay £2.5m. 
    My point exactly, we always seem to give away our prized assets for peanuts, I'd actually like us to use that in our favour, you want him that bad we'll take 4m. If Toney is worth 5m, bonne is worth 2.5/3m + add ons.

Toney was sold for 5m with upto 5m in add ons. 
  • I'd be happy with £2m for Bonne with a sell on clause. He hasn't looked interested this season so it's probably best for all parties that he's allowed to move on
  • PopIcon said:
    Dizzle said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    24 years old, 11 goals last season and 2 years left on his contract, anything less than 2.5m is bad business imo
    I reckon it will be about 1.5 rising to 2/2.5 and hopefully a sell on clause. 
    This 👆🏼
    Bonne isn't worth £2.5m, we've all seen him play. I would be happy with £1.5m (inc add ons) + sell on. £2.5m and I'd be laughing.
    Think the think is, we have always sold players well under their market value. We are in a position now to be a bit more demanding. Hopefully the days of us being short changed have passed. 
  • se9addick said:
    Why are people excited for Ronnie Schwartz? Had anyone heard of him until a couple of weeks ago? 
    I admit I hadn't heard of him but then I have little interest in European leagues.

However people on here show me the obligatory video and I see a striker who shoots on sight and hits the back of the net regularly, something we haven't had since Mendonca, of course I'm going to get excited.       
  • PopIcon said:
    Dizzle said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I reckon it will be about 1.5 rising to 2/2.5 and hopefully a sell on clause. 
    This 👆🏼
    Bonne isn't worth £2.5m, we've all seen him play. I would be happy with £1.5m (inc add ons) + sell on. £2.5m and I'd be laughing.
    Not disagreeing. The years of selling players on the cheap, this will claw a very small  amount back
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    My point exactly, we always seem to give away our prized assets for peanuts, I'd actually like us to use that in our favour, you want him that bad we'll take 4m. If Toney is worth 5m, bonne is worth 2.5/3m + add ons.

Add ons need to include reserve team appearances!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonne frustrates me as he's shown he can finish difficult chances and can go on a scoring streak, but like a lot of players he looks poor in a poor side. He got into double figures last season in the championship, as second choice behind Taylor for the first part of the season and not taking penalties either, for a side that was relegated. He's not a bad player and is only young, but I think he'll benefit the most from a decent midfield and another striker or two as competition
  • Weren't we being quoted over a million for strikers in div 1 last season.   
  • Notice that Preston have just signed some Danish U21 Striker from Randers another side in their top flight

Along with Portsmouth bringing in that Defender from the same club as Schwartz its not just us looking in Denmark...
  • Weren't we being quoted over a million for strikers in div 1 last season.   
    Forgot to add:  They hadn't played in the Championship.  I'm in the over 2M camp for MB 
  • I’ll be disappointed if we sell Bonne, still believe with the right midfielders behind him he’d get 15 goals this season.

I wonder if it’s just the money that’s making us sell Bonne (to balance the books etc) and the available squad place it will supply, or if it’s something else. Bowyer has always said Bonne was a work in progress, and was never meant to play as much as he did last year. 

Just surprised that Bowyer doesn’t want to continue that journey with Bonne, considering how much he’s fought in the past to keep young talent from leaving, such as Aribo (before anyone jumps on this, I’m not saying they have the same amount of talent). 
  • Bowyer I expect would like to keep Bonne but with the financial limitations he has to weigh up keeping faith in one player and potentially adding two more for a stronger squad overall 
  • robroy said:
    I do hope that we keep Bonne, all this talk of not interested. He has played three league game this season with no service. 

Speaking to an Orient fan this week and he said that he is very grounded and down to earth, would be surprised if a move meant lack of effort 
    He's definitely not lazy, does he fit Bow's game plan? That's the question I have lingering in my head. I'd persist with him personally. His relationship with Washington was looking okay after the first couple of games, but broke down a bit last week.

A couple of times Bonne made the strikers run into space unmarked only for Washington to release a wasted shot each time. Both times they were positions that I would have slaughtered Bonne for not playing those passes and if they were made Bonne was in a position where a slaughtering would be deserved for missing. 

If he plays Bonne in on both those opportunities I am certain it'd have been a completely different game. Bonne would have scored one of them..

I'd prefer we worked on building up our strikers chemistry rather than splitting them up. If Bowyer thinks Schwartz can hit the ground running then IBWT. 

I'd like to see our next four signings through the door be: 

RB, RM, CB, Schwartz

The only out if he has to go would be Phillips. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Is a sell-on really much use in the case of Bonne? How much do we really think QPR will go on to sell him for? He's not suddenly going to turn into a £15m striker. I'd guess he'll end up leaving QPR for a lot less than they pay for him.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Really ??  For  player who has spent his career in the lower leagues & who we paid just £200k for. 

I'd bite you hand off for anything over £750k. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:

Toney jas consistently scored goals. Bonne hasn't. Obviously not going to turn down £x but I really dont think you can put him in the Toney class. 
  • 11 Championship goals is worth a lot more than £750k.

I still believe Bonne will come good, but it sounds like we have 2 striker targets who Gallen/Bowyer want so meh. At least we aren't losing him on a free like we normally seem to do.
  • se9addick said:
    Why are people excited for Ronnie Schwartz? Had anyone heard of him until a couple of weeks ago? 
    I admit I hadn't heard of him but then I have little interest in European leagues.

However people on here show me the obligatory video and I see a striker who shoots on sight and hits the back of the net regularly, something we haven't had since Mendonca, of course I'm going to get excited.       
    BWP? 
  • Belv said:
    Is a sell-on really much use in the case of Bonne? How much do we really think QPR will go on to sell him for? He's not suddenly going to turn into a £15m striker. I'd guess he'll end up leaving QPR for a lot less than they pay for him.
    This.
  • Belv said:
    When he leaves QPR it will be to league one again. 
  • Interesting that rumours are flying about for Doughty and Bonne, but nothing for Phillips. 

Have I missed the updates with him, or has there been nothing mentioned in past week? 
  • Interesting that rumours are flying about for Doughty and Bonne, but nothing for Phillips. 

Have I missed the updates with him, or has there been nothing mentioned in past week?