Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Chizz said:
    Sam, 291 of your colleagues at Sainsbury's had Covid four weeks ago.  Hopefully, you didn't come into close contact with any of them.

Where did they catch it?  I don't know, but it wouldn't have been in the pub. 

What do they all have in common?  They all work at Sainsbury's. 
    So 0.0025 of our workforce, or 1 in 400 people, right in line with what Covered End said was the figure 4 weeks ago in the UK? IF that's true then there is now less than 100. In a company of over 100k workers, who have all been in contact with the general public throughout the pandemic.... Can you see where I'm going with this? 
    The pharmacy? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Chizz said:
    Sam, 291 of your colleagues at Sainsbury's had Covid four weeks ago.  Hopefully, you didn't come into close contact with any of them.

Where did they catch it?  I don't know, but it wouldn't have been in the pub. 

What do they all have in common?  They all work at Sainsbury's. 
    So 0.0025 of our workforce, or 1 in 400 people, right in line with what Covered End said was the figure 4 weeks ago in the UK? IF that's true then there is now less than 100. In a company of over 100k workers, who have all been in contact with the general public throughout the pandemic.... Can you see where I'm going with this? 
    The pharmacy? 
    No, the pub :wink:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Fair enough Covered End, my point still stands that in the past 14 weeks I have been out and about 5 days a week serving a lot of elderly people, almost all of which come in twice a week minimum and at no point have any of them replied "no I've been ill recently and might have had the virus" or "my wife is suffering from it" or anything of that nature to my questions of how are you or how have you been keeping etc. This may just be the British stiff upper lip keep calm and carry on nature of people, but the number of new cases reported and the general ease of restrictions that are coming into place seem to back up my idea and belief that the "average person on the street" doesn't have Coronavirus and isn't catching it from their day to day lives, and therefore I see no reason why pubs and restaurants should stay closed and no need for people to avoid places, as long as the vast majority of people are being sensible and vigilant
    I tend to agree with this.
    According to the government 1 in 1700 have Covid.
    A couple of months ago it was 1 in 400.
    So 38,000 people have COVID. I haven’t seen the government slides recently but say 5,000 people are hospitalised, that’s 33,000 people with COVID. A full valley plus the east stand again and some! That’s still a lot of active cases
    Yes it is, but that's the whole of the UK.
    If 1 in 1700 now have Covid, I'd be pretty unlucky to catch it now if I'm being sensible.
    I’m being sensible, it’s the people with no sense that we need to worry about
  • Options
    Nice restaurant the Farmacy if you are into veggie and vegan food. 
  • Options
    I know a few people who have had it. Thankfully all are ok some following Intensive hospital treatment. These were young (under45) people and most have said they haven’t ever felt so ill and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 
    My daughter is l a nurse so I have been getting a first hand account as well. 
    if people haven’t been impacted  that’s great and long may it continue, I hope we are over the worst. 

• Options
    I think @sam3110 needs to be cut some slack here. The guy lost his livelihood and had to get another job to survive. He can now see light at the end of the tunnel and is obviously pleased and happy to have his career back. The prospect of going back to work and doing what he enjoys will make him see things differently to others. He is allowed his voice, let him speak.

i personally do t agree with some of the things he has posted today, but his view should be as welcomed as everyone else’s.
    Who's not allowing him his voice? 
  • Options
    Thanks @Todds_right_hook but I'm not being oppressed or anything haha. Look I know I'm biased as my job relies on people to be able to be social, all I'm trying to put across to people is my point of view from working "on the front lines" as some people put it (a phrase I'm most uncomfortable with as it's not a war we're waging and I'm not in any way a soldier) and my view of how low the overall infection amount seems to actually be, especially away from hotspots like hospitals and carehomes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think @sam3110 needs to be cut some slack here. The guy lost his livelihood and had to get another job to survive. He can now see light at the end of the tunnel and is obviously pleased and happy to have his career back. The prospect of going back to work and doing what he enjoys will make him see things differently to others. He is allowed his voice, let him speak.

i personally do t agree with some of the things he has posted today, but his view should be as welcomed as everyone else’s.
    It’s the predictable ganging up and bullying by the usual suspects. While I don’t necessarily agree with Sam word for word, it’s good to see some positivity and someone who’s is itching to get back to doing what they do.I will pop in for a free jar when I go back to the office as it’s just round the corner 😉 Beatone?
    LCC actually haha
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

It’s the predictable ganging up and bullying by the usual suspects. While I don’t necessarily agree with Sam word for word, it’s good to see some positivity and someone who’s is itching to get back to doing what they do.I will pop in for a free jar when I go back to the office as it’s just round the corner 😉 Beatone?
    LCC actually haha
    work just around the corner (when I'm in the City) in Lombard St. We had our works xmas party there last year.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

LCC actually haha
    Not been there but will pop in for that mental looking banana sundae!
  • Options
    I was almost certainly working for it, I have glasses and a man bun if that helps at all! 
  • Options
    Serious question. What are bars doing regarding glasses ? Are you dishwashing at temperature or using disposable plastic ?
  • Options
    that app been around for a dogs age, but never fear the ever thirsty s**tstains at that site have tested it for a freebie
  • Options
    Serious question. What are bars doing regarding glasses ? Are you dishwashing at temperature or using disposable plastic ?
    Good point , 90% of pub / restaurant glass/dish washers wash with a single tank of water & reheat & reuse this water through a shift or when emptied as it takes 30 mins to heat a tank this is normally done once a shift.
    there is an exclusive product on the market that was partly developed with Diageo for use at it Irish HQ by a company called clenaware this washes each cycle with fresh decalcified water every time to a temperature almost breaking the glass! To go with this they also have glass dryers so a cleaning cloth need never go near them they really are ingenious.
    thats what I’m going with but I had them before lockdown & now I have an extra sterilising unit in the kitchen .
    Its worth keeping in mind that pubs have had yearly health inspections for a long time now & COVID is not the first or only bug a pub/restaurant has had to deal with , you will find behind the scenes that they are far cleaner & safer than most homes & have many years experience in keeping this sort of thing in check & have been sterilising glasses & dishes long before COVID .
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I was almost certainly working for it, I have glasses and a man bun if that helps at all! 
    I was smashed when I turned up at 6, so wouldn't have a clue mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brilliant. Thankyou @Spitfire76

if disposable glasses are used for eg gardens the flimsy ones don’t conform to weights and measures? Unless delivered in a metered pint ? 
    Although I might have dreamt that. 
  • Options
    brilliant. Thankyou @Spitfire76

if disposable glasses are used for eg gardens the flimsy ones don’t conform to weights and measures? Unless delivered in a metered pint ? 
    Although I might have dreamt that. 
    For draught I can serve 1/2 pints & multiples of (pint) . a third of a pint or two thirds of a pint.
    these measures can be served from any vessel that is suitable glass or plastic but these should be measured pint glasses/plastics or a lined glass or plastic , it’s acceptable to measure behind the bar & decant but not really the done thing.It has to b measured so people know what they are drinking and a 5% head on a pint is acceptable, some pubs use over sized glasses so the head is not included in the pint but these must have a marked line at the pint mark.
    there are a lot of plastic options out there now & great ones that are measured & lined but you really do get what you pay for 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Disappointing that this thread with some good news on it has been hijacked and turned into a political slanging session.

Especially on a day like today when we should be mourning the 4th anniversary of a such a disastrous act of national self harm and joyful occasion in the history of this great nation.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Bollocks to the pubs.  Have you any idea how difficult it has been to get decent quality smack since this bs started?  You try doing a discreet deal when you have to socially distance.
  • Options
    Bollocks to the pubs.  Have you any idea how difficult it has been to get decent quality smack since this bs started?  You try doing a discreet deal when you have to socially distance.
    No point worrying about social distance it’s probably been plugged up someone’s arse at some point
  • Options
    No point worrying about social distance it’s probably been plugged up someone’s arse at some point
    Maybe where it got it’s nickname brown?
  • Options
    Sheffield pub where drinkers hid in cupboards loses licence https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53151949
  • Options
    @sam3110 did you take furlough money from a London Cocktail club as well as working at Covid free Saino? 
  • Options
    Coronavirus: What will a re-opened pub be like? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-53162075