Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    Coronavirus: What will a re-opened pub be like? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-53162075
    I love the bit in that article where someone says to see it as physical distancing not social distancing, I will be using that on my pre opening training nights
  • Options
    Sam Will you be expecting customers on a Saturday to the LCC club. I actually had to look up LCC as I call it the old C&B still.  I have been in to my office next to the Monument several times and The Monument pub is actually fully boarded up. Depressing.  I was thinking pubs round that area with not a big footfall would be ok over a weekend. But then again other people may have the same idea. Some big pubs at Canary Wharf  too which don’t get busy on a weekend afternoon. 

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Sam Will you be expecting customers on a Saturday to the LCC club. I actually had to look up LCC as I call it the old C&B still.  I have been in to my office next to the Monument several times and The Monument pub is actually fully boarded up. Depressing.  I was thinking pubs round that area with not a big footfall would be ok over a weekend. But then again other people may have the same idea. Some big pubs at Canary Wharf  too which don’t get busy on a weekend afternoon. 

Saturday was always a busy day for us for people coming up from Kent and Essex, being close to Cannon Street, London Bridge and Liverpool Street stations helps that, and there's a lot more stuff open at the weekend around us compared to 5-10 years ago. The monument is our go to pub for a drink on our break or if we run out of anything, we have a decent relationship so fingers crossed they return soon. 
  • Options

What a plum 

Rees-Mogg suggests pub-goers enjoy 'yard of ale' to mark lockdown easing https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53182194
  • Options

• Options
    Coronavirus: New laws to ease outdoor drinking and dining rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53176005
  • Options
    the yacht in bexleyheath is opening from 6th july the woman that owns/runs it is a charlton fan although there is a palace barman who i always give stick to 

they are taking bookings only

a lot of pubs around islington are taking bookings ( tables of up to 12 for 3 hours ) and over 23s only on weekends. 
  • Options
    My local is a Greene King. It is not opening from 4th July apparently. No indication of when it will open as yet.
  • Options
    The Youngs pub down on the Arsenal originally said August but the Guardhouse is now opening on the 20th.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the yacht in bexleyheath is opening from 6th july the woman that owns/runs it is a charlton fan although there is a palace barman who i always give stick to 

a lot of pubs around islington are taking bookings ( tables of up to 12 for 3 hours ) and over 23s only on weekends. 
    Is there a minimum spend palarsehater.
    Say me and the wife book a table and after a hour decide weve had enough they wil be a table down for 2 hours 
  • Options

12 seems quite a large table to serve safely 
  • Options

Is it still the miserable woman that owns that? I know that her attitude turns a lot of people off going there and her son is also a strange one. It’s actually the closest pub to me but wouldn’t go there in a million years.
    It's all about The one bell for pubs in this area. Small pub though so social distancing will be very difficult in there.
  • Options
    The weekend and the week after the reopening of pubs and bars will be mayhem, I will leave it a week or two before trying to go to a pub, let the youngsters drink themselves unconscious,
  • Options
    Massive piss up in Greenwich if we beat Millwall.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Massive piss up in Greenwich if we beat Millwall.
    Pint of cordial it is then 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Was thinking of meeting up with a lady friend for a social Sunday afternoon drink so looking for a local(ish) pub to Sidcup with a beer garden or somewhere where you can sit outside......and not on the pavement with oiks & kids on bikes passing by every few seconds. 

My only thoughts were either Chiselhurst or Danson Stables. Anything else....??? Bromley /Bickley area maybe or slightly further out. We've been to the one in Farningham before & I suppose there is always the one in Otford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was thinking of meeting up with a lady friend for a social Sunday afternoon drink so looking for a local(ish) pub to Sidcup with a beer garden or somewhere where you can sit outside......and not on the pavement with oiks & kids on bikes passing by every few seconds. 

My only thoughts were either Chiselhurst or Danson Stables. Anything else....??? Bromley /Bickley area maybe or slightly further out. We've been to the one in Farningham before & I suppose there is always the one in Otford.
    The Bull Chislehurst but I assume it will be rammed.
  • Options

Buy some wine and have a picnic over Five Arches. I believe Asda is open on Saturdays.
  • Options
    The Bull Chislehurst but I assume it will be rammed. Youngs pubs don't appear to be opening until the 20th.
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot leaving it for the first week or two, seems like a good idea to me
  • Options

Buy some wine and have a picnic over Five Arches. I believe Asda is open on Saturdays.
    I did hear that they open other days as well.......but I think it's just a rumour.
  • Options

I'd give Eynsford/Farningham a wide berth at the moment. Plenty of oiks, and offspring of oiks.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Curb_It said:

Saturday was always a busy day for us for people coming up from Kent and Essex, being close to Cannon Street, London Bridge and Liverpool Street stations helps that, and there's a lot more stuff open at the weekend around us compared to 5-10 years ago. The monument is our go to pub for a drink on our break or if we run out of anything, we have a decent relationship so fingers crossed they return soon. 
    I've almost certainly seen you in LCC then. Used to go quite regularly with work. 
  • Options

I'd give Eynsford/Farningham a wide berth at the moment. Plenty of oiks, and offspring of oiks.

Noted. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

The Woodman in Farnborough Village is fantastic.
    You'll have to check if they are open though.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The Chequers in Kemsing is a great little pub.
    Big garden and good sized car park.
    It’s a Shepherd-Neame pub.