Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    It will be the same as always , the dickheads will go to the shite pubs who don’t give a rats & the sensible ones will go to the nice & safe ones.

Dickheads don’t want to drink in my pub as it’s uncomfortable for them & I don’t service their needs , I don’t serve alcopops or Stella I don’t have a fruit machine I don’t allow swearing,I don’t allow hoods or hats  no juke box & my music is shite for them my beers to expensive for them & im an arsehole towards them !

@Riviera welcome back to Charlton Life.
  • Options
    It will be the same as always , the dickheads will go to the shite pubs who don’t give a rats & the sensible ones will go to the nice & safe ones.

Dickheads don’t want to drink in my pub as it’s uncomfortable for them & I don’t service their needs , I don’t serve alcopops or Stella I don’t have a fruit machine I don’t allow swearing,I don’t allow hoods or hats  no juke box & my music is shite for them my beers to expensive for them & im an arsehole towards them !

Sounds fucking great (oops sorry) where are you ?
  • Options
    will be table bookings

names taken down etc

not going to be free flowing pints. 
    I think I'll give things a miss.
    I now know why Bromley high street has the bunting out.
  • Options

I’m in Buckinghamshire so we have a better class of dickhead than some 😉
  • Options

Disappointing that this thread with some good news on it has been hijacked and turned into a political slanging session.

Especially on a day like today when we should be celebrating the 4th anniversary of a such momentous and joyful occasion in the history of this great nation.

Always happens mate, always happens.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Anyone catching the virus now is doing so because they have underlying health conditions, are old or are dealing with vast swathes of people with the virus, like in hospitals etc. The average man on the street doesn't have it and isn't catching it from the other average man on the street. I work in a Sainsbury's and have done so for 14 weeks now, and none of me, my colleagues or anyone I have come into contact with have succumbed to the virus in that time, and the majority of our customers are of retirement age. 

I doubt a couple of pints in a pub and a haircut will change this, and that's the whole point
    Worse post ever? Dickhead 
  • Options

I’m in Buckinghamshire so we have a better class of dickhead than some 😉
    Hmm probably not ideal for me for a quick pint or two. Hope things go well.
  • Options
    First weekend will be a nightmare all those once a year pub goers will be out like at Christmas taking 10 minutes to order a round drink by drink as they haven’t thought about what to have to drink before they get to the bar (or using an app in the new world). 
    Much as I have missed it will not be rushing on the first weekend. 

Same here, will give it a few days

Ditto getting a hair cut which is more of a priority for me anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Anyone catching the virus now is doing so because they have underlying health conditions, are old or are dealing with vast swathes of people with the virus, like in hospitals etc. The average man on the street doesn't have it and isn't catching it from the other average man on the street. I work in a Sainsbury's and have done so for 14 weeks now, and none of me, my colleagues or anyone I have come into contact with have succumbed to the virus in that time, and the majority of our customers are of retirement age. 

I doubt a couple of pints in a pub and a haircut will change this, and that's the whole point
    How would you know that not one Sainsbury customer at your branch has had Covid in the last 14 weeks?
  • Options
    I love going to the pub but I’ll give it a miss for the time being. As @ValleyGary says, am missing restaurants more.
  • Options
    Lets be frank. When the pubs reopen, maybe not the big chains in cities, but a lot of pubs will go on as normal, everyone will meet their mates and everyone will be mixing inside the pub. 

• Options
    sam3110 said:

How would you know that not one Sainsbury customer at your branch has had Covid in the last 14 weeks?
    Track n trace
  • Options
    sam3110 appears to be taking a lot of stick for someone who has put himself on offer for the past three/four months.
    Wouldn't hurt to show a bit of gratitude that he/she has been working to make sure you have something to eat.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ROTW said:
    sam3110 appears to be taking a lot of stick for someone who has put himself on offer for the past three/four months.
    Wouldn't hurt to show a bit of gratitude that he/she has been working to make sure you have something to eat.
    Nothing to do with the the fact that he works for Sainsbury's. It is that he thinks the average man in the street doesn't have it or won't catch it from the average man in the street. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    clb74 said:
    sam3110 said:

Track n trace
    That only finds the people you know you've been in contact with. It doesn't find strangers shopping in Sainsbury's.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    sam3110 said:

Track n trace
    How so, are you saying Sainsbury's had a track n trace system up & running 14 weeks ago?

• Options
    ROTW said:
    Nothing to do with the the fact that he works for Sainsbury's. It is that he thinks the average man in the street doesn't have it or won't catch it from the average man in the street. 
    Yeah.  Apart from anything else, it's a bit sexist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hearing also that it will be a 90 minute slot in pub - do not know how this will be enforced but at least some of the less popular pubs should get some businesses your back street boozer with it’s a smattering of locals need to keep the wolf from the door - the ones that will struggle immensely are those without gardens! 

Snatched this off a pals Facebook page he runs a pub in bexleyheath. 

As pub companies now rush to finalise plans before reopening on the 4th, please remember that not a single member of bar staff is suddenly an expert in disease control, politics or even the policies of their own Pub Co.

So when 20 of you show up to finally go out on the lash after 3 months of lockdown, it's not the minimum wage barmaid's decision to tell you no, but she HAS to anyway.
    When 6 of you try to book a meal because you've not seen your grandkids for 3 months, it's not the manager's fault group sizes are limited so don't demand to see them and tell them they're wrong.

BoJo is again relying on the "common sense of the people" (don't get me started) so PLEASE remember that when pubs aren't exactly how you remember them, or hoped they would be, we've all been in lockdown too.

No, we can't just move some tables together. No, we can't turn a blind eye (you know, just this once). And no, a bad Trip Advisor review won't help.

Things will get back to normal, just not straight away. Please be patient us. And show some common sense.

Our priorities are the safety of our team members and guests. If you can’t be sensible, stay at home.

Ta.
    No 90 minute time slots here m8 I think that might be something the Irish we’re discussing but I never understood the reasoning health wise but can see why restaurants might do it while working at reduced capacity to maximise people through the door 
  • Options
    The economy needs to creak back open. It really has to. The reality is that those of us over sixty and those even more vulnerable will continue keeping out of the way wherever possible. I won’t be going to bars and restaurants for the foreseeable future. The young and invulnerable will get back to their normal as much as is possible. The virus will circulate at probably present levels with hopefully only small flare ups until a vaccine is produced. Post COVID-19 life is still many many months away. 
  • Options
    I would feel safe going into "quieter" pubs, i.e. not chain high street pubs on a Friday/Saturday night

If anything the greater change for me would be going back onto public transport, which I've avoided for 3 months
  • Options
    the problem still remains, the over 50s are the biggest spenders in the economy, and are in no rush to come back As the risks are too high, the Under 30s need that spend to support the sectors they work in, and those in the middle have massive insecurity over their jobs.

there is no switch which will bring this back to life quickly and easily 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Wow some very weird reactions on here to what I said. So the people in disagreement with me, do you feel that the virus is still very widespread in large parts of the country, despite there being less than 1000 new cases per day right now, in a country with a population of 66,650,000? That's a catch rate of 0.00001488372. 

If you look at where these new cases are, they are all transmission cases from people in hospitals and in care homes. There is virtually no new cases being reported on from any other source in the UK currently. Will that change if the pubs reopen? Possibly but if you live by that mantra nowhere will ever reopen again, and that's why I don't think a couple of pints with a friend or two will change the current situation. Am I slightly biased because I am a manager of a cocktail bar next to Monument station? Possibly but I just want to see the return to what we all defined as normal as quickly as possible, which is why within 48 hours of my bar shutting down I was having a telephone interview with the store manager at Sainsbury's West Wickham. 

Those asking how I could possibly know if anyone caught the virus in my store, trust me the general population of West Wickham all know eachother and I know all the gossip about various people having affairs and whose kids aren't being taught at home by lazy parents so if anyone had the virus I a) wouldn't see them in the store and everyone's a regular there and b) Janet from round the corner would tell anyone she met that Doris from number 23 has the virus
    I think you might need to check some of your facts actually.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Wow some very weird reactions on here to what I said. So the people in disagreement with me, do you feel that the virus is still very widespread in large parts of the country, despite there being less than 1000 new cases per day right now, in a country with a population of 66,650,000? That's a catch rate of 0.00001488372. 

If you look at where these new cases are, they are all transmission cases from people in hospitals and in care homes. There is virtually no new cases being reported on from any other source in the UK currently. Will that change if the pubs reopen? Possibly but if you live by that mantra nowhere will ever reopen again, and that's why I don't think a couple of pints with a friend or two will change the current situation. Am I slightly biased because I am a manager of a cocktail bar next to Monument station? Possibly but I just want to see the return to what we all defined as normal as quickly as possible, which is why within 48 hours of my bar shutting down I was having a telephone interview with the store manager at Sainsbury's West Wickham. 

Those asking how I could possibly know if anyone caught the virus in my store, trust me the general population of West Wickham all know eachother and I know all the gossip about various people having affairs and whose kids aren't being taught at home by lazy parents so if anyone had the virus I a) wouldn't see them in the store and everyone's a regular there and b) Janet from round the corner would tell anyone she met that Doris from number 23 has the virus
    The main point emanating from this great post, is will i get free cocktails as a fellow cafc fan when u reopen?  Cos now we've got lee bowyeeeer