Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options
    Our village pubs only ever seem to have the older generation bar a couple of people. I can't imagine they'll be packed come the 4th. I imagine ones in towns/cities with a larger younger population could do rather well especially if they have large beer gardens
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    First weekend will be a nightmare all those once a year pub goers will be out like at Christmas taking 10 minutes to order a round drink by drink as they haven’t thought about what to have to drink before they get to the bar (or using an app in the new world). 
    Much as I have missed it will not be rushing on the first weekend. 

It will be like NYE for the first month with dickheads everywhere. That aside, I cant believe how few people are happy they can see family or friends again... but are just moaning about pubs they have no intention of using. 
    To be honest thanks to zoom have seen more of my family than normal. They won’t want to see me as I will just be reminding them I have won all the zoom quizzes. 
    I will certainly be using the pub just not on the 4th or 5th. 
  • Options
    Yes, it’s table service only and Johnson also mentioned that you will have to register in case the pub is linked to an outbreak. I will definitely be in a beer garden soon, but not the 4th or 5th; pubs will be rammed (or what passes for rammed in this new world!)
    So you could receive a call telling you to self isolate for 14 days?  Not really a great way to enjoy your pint.
  • Options
    Yes, it’s table service only and Johnson also mentioned that you will have to register in case the pub is linked to an outbreak. I will definitely be in a beer garden soon, but not the 4th or 5th; pubs will be rammed (or what passes for rammed in this new world!)
    So you could receive a call telling you to self isolate for 14 days?  Not really a great way to enjoy your pint.
    The other option is you get covid and infect an elderly relative just because it was more fun. 
  • Options
    Delighted that my son and daughter will be able to visit and stay over.
    Other than that I won't be relaxing my lockdown discipline in any wider social arena any time soon.
    I find it quite depressing wondering when I will ever set foot in the Valley again. Probably long after we have returned to any sort of normal
  • Options
    will be table bookings

names taken down etc

not going to be free flowing pints. 
    Basically it’s like pre match in Crossbars. 

Dance music in crossbars. Practice your moves so you can sit on the sofa.

(Shut up Dave stop talking about "strange Charlton shit" series 1.
    We're in series 2 now.)
  • Options
    will be table bookings

names taken down etc

not going to be free flowing pints. 
    I think I'll give things a miss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typically we have next week off.
  • Options
    Will defo let the pub experiment take place for a month or so before entering ! 

My first step is going to trusted friends for bbqs, keep putting that off
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Will defo let the pub experiment take place for a month or so before entering ! 

My first step is going to trusted friends for bbqs, keep putting that off
    What getting friends or the BBQ?  ;)
  • Options
    Can people from more than one household meet in a restaurant? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yep u can
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yep u can
    Thank you.  What about more than two households?  

(You're still not allowed to have more than two households together in a home; what's the rules with regards to restaurants?)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Yep u can
    Thank you.  What about more than two households?  

(You're still not allowed to have more than two households together in a home; what's the rules with regards to restaurants?)
    It’s still a bit confusing but as I understand it at the moment you can meet with people from one other household but there is no requirement for the pub/restaurant to check on this so we have no way of telling how many households are on a table.
    This will sort it self out for a lot of cases as pubs should be distancing their tables out & it will be hard for most to get big tables in with proper distancing , my biggest table now is a 6 & it will not be possible to move tables together as it will mess with the overall distance to other tables & wreck our one way system
  • Options
    Red Barn’s going to be packed so I’ve started queuing already.

11 more sleeps.
  • Options
    Everyone's worried the pubs will be packed.

So, it's fairly safe to say, they probably won't be.

The fear
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    I'm going to have a bag of chips and a pint while I'm in the hairdressers.
    Isn’t your normal haircut a mullet?
    Surely it’s still looking fine Al...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Anyone catching the virus now is doing so because they have underlying health conditions, are old or are dealing with vast swathes of people with the virus, like in hospitals etc. The average man on the street doesn't have it and isn't catching it from the other average man on the street. I work in a Sainsbury's and have done so for 14 weeks now, and none of me, my colleagues or anyone I have come into contact with have succumbed to the virus in that time, and the majority of our customers are of retirement age. 

I doubt a couple of pints in a pub and a haircut will change this, and that's the whole point
    I am of retirement age and shop in Sainsburys (and Asda). Glad you and your colleagues are staying safe, must say you guys are doing a great job.  Thankyou.  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Good to see Cummings has spent the last couple of months usefully, coming up with a moronically opaque crock of shit to appease a few more tory donors while shamelessly confusing the majority which will inevitably lead to utter chaos and infections spikes all over and not helping to save a single remaining viable business.
    He and Boris prove again, if proof were need, what heinous idiotic self-serving shitcnuts they both are.  Nobody with a couple of functioning brain cells will take themselves anywhere near a congested pub, bar, shop, salon of any description until one can protect oneself against infection, with significant certainty.
    Until such time as any substance abuse or vanity problem outweighs my ability to organise my daily life I'll not be changing one iota of the social aspects.  Until then the 23/03/20 strictures remain.  This household won't be embracing a whole new level of risk just cos Cummings tells Boris it's different when patently it isn't.  They don't get the chance to tell me it's raining when I know full well they'll both piss on me and laugh while doing so.
    Anyone catching the virus now is doing so because they have underlying health conditions, are old or are dealing with vast swathes of people with the virus, like in hospitals etc. The average man on the street doesn't have it and isn't catching it from the other average man on the street. I work in a Sainsbury's and have done so for 14 weeks now, and none of me, my colleagues or anyone I have come into contact with have succumbed to the virus in that time, and the majority of our customers are of retirement age. 

I doubt a couple of pints in a pub and a haircut will change this, and that's the whole point
    How many hairy arsed scaffolders who have had 6 pints on a Friday afternoon Who don’t give a shit about social distancing have you dealt with in Sainsbury’s? The majority will go have a beer or two, food maybe and go home. It’s the few that don’t give a sit that worries me

i want a pint, I’ll go to a pub in Dartford at lunch time on a week day as it will be easy to social distance