Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Both Foakes and Curran were released by England and playing for Surrey today
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    How many players have scored a double century as their first Test century, does anyone know?  

And what's the highest maiden century score?
    I think he's the 7th English player to do it. Rob Key was the last, and before that Gower
    I've been looking at various stats; 3rd youngest England player (about 100 days older than David Gower was) and currently at 236 not out, the 11th highest ever. 

Rob Key got dropped a few tests later though - can't see the same happening to Zak Crawley!
  • Options
    How many players have scored a double century as their first Test century, does anyone know?  

This was the leaderboard for maiden test centuries before today.
    Crawley closing in on the top ten now.
  • Options
    Cheers.

Didn't realise Sobers' 365 was his first Test ton!
  • Options
    Cheers.

Didn't realise Sobers' 365 was his first Test ton!
    I know - that was my first reaction to that list too!
  • Options
    444-4  is a good sounding score 
  • Options

This was the leaderboard for maiden test centuries before today.
    Crawley closing in on the top ten now.
    250 moves Zak to number 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

251* - now 9th. Only one Englishman above him.
  • Options
    257* - now 7th!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    One more run and Crawley will have the second highest score by an English No3.
    edit: now, with 258*, he is second.
    only Wally Hammond above him, with 336*.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given we only need to draw to win the series I hope they let him bat on as long as possible (cue him being bowled next ball).
    I forgot about Test championship points.
  • Options
    One more run and Crawley will have the second highest score by an English No3.
    edit: now, with 258*, he is second.
    only Wally Hammond above him, with 336*.
    This is phenomenal stuff - and not exactly a bad bowling attack!
  • Options
    Crawley now has a better top score than Tendulkar, Ponting and Kohli, apparently.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I thought about Trescothick and Hayden but there has to be a right-hander who was tall and murderous through midwicket 
    KP?
    Switch hitting now....
  • Options
    Noooo
  • Options
    Crawley gone.
    Stumped for 267.

What an innings though. Hats off.
    Am disappointed as wanted him to get 300! 
  • Options
    G’wan Zak 🏏❤️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crawley gone.
    Stumped for 267.

What an innings though. Hats off.
    a remarkable score .. let's hope he can maintain this form for a VERY long time, especially v the Ozzies 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    A tricky decision to make when Stokes returns, Burns probably most at risk now
  • Options
    Is this a timeless test.....?  Just wondering as things have been meandering along since the drinks break. No urgency by England at all, after a 10 min spell when Crawley starting hitting 4's & 6's like they were going out of fashion. 

Root obviously doesn't want to win, take the series 2-0 and go above Australia in the table.
    Oh Golfie.  We're on 490-5 and you find a negative!
  • Options
    Or one of the 4 seamers if Stokes can bowl.
  • Options
    Superb innings, his Test average has gone up from 28 to 48!
  • Options
    Is this a timeless test.....?  Just wondering as things have been meandering along since the drinks break. No urgency by England at all, after a 10 min spell when Crawley starting hitting 4's & 6's like they were going out of fashion. 

Root obviously doesn't want to win, take the series 2-0 and go above Australia in the table.
    Jesus wept. Have a day off.
  • Options
    Or one of the 4 seamers if Stokes can bowl.
    Ignore my comment, for some reason I was counting Stokes as a batsman only  :D
  • Options
    At the next 50 over world cup, you can imagine Zak in that side as well, especially when Morgan retires. He's got all the shots
  • Options

Oh Golfie.  We're on 490-5 and you find a negative!
    Just pissed off that Thursday was a glorious day & they didn't think about bringing it forward a day. If you look at the weather for Tuesday I can't see much play happening, so in effect we have 2 days & 1 session left to bowl them out twice. Play can go onto 7.30 tonight but last week at Southampton they were going off for bad light at 6.30ish. 

Yes......490-5 and pootling along like we have all the time in the world.