Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Burns out cheaply again, he's had a poor season. 
  • Options
    I blame the comedy beard
  • Options
    To be honest he's not that good but the cupboard is pretty bare when it comes to opening batsman. 
  • Options
    Radical plans. Apparently they are going to try and be flexible to make up for any lost time by starting early, playing later and having more flexibility re lunch & tea.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Radical plans. Apparently they are going to try and be flexible to make up for any lost time by starting early, playing later and having more flexibility re lunch & tea.
    Then they should have started yesterday. Lovely weather & no play. Will get to 5th day on tuesday with one side needing a result & they will be on & off due to the rain that is forecast. 

As I said on here a couple if says ago, no reason why they couldnt have started a day earlier. No fans to worry about, players and officials all holed up in the same hotel & players didn't need 4 days rest seeing as they hardly played the week before.
  • Options
    Does anyone know why England are wearing black armbands?
  • Options
    I believe it's in memory of Dan Lawrence's Mum who passed away earlier this month.
  • Options
    I blame the comedy beard
    He looks so much like guy fawkes 
  • Options
    Kessell7 said:
    I believe it's in memory of Dan Lawrence's Mum who passed away earlier this month.
    Who is dan Lawrence 
  • Options
    Then they should have started yesterday. Lovely weather & no play. Will get to 5th day on tuesday with one side needing a result & they will be on & off due to the rain that is forecast. 

As I said on here a couple if says ago, no reason why they couldnt have started a day earlier. No fans to worry about, players and officials all holed up in the same hotel & players didn't need 4 days rest seeing as they hardly played the week before.
    I listed an post stating why this couldn’t happen but I deleted it because all of the sky and radio infrastructure was already in place, in theory, it could have started yesterday but for sky.....I’m guessing broadcasting schedules cannot be changed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kessell7 said:
    Who is dan Lawrence 
    Talented young batsman who’s in the “bubble” squad. 
  • Options

I listed an post stating why this couldn’t happen but I deleted it because all of the sky and radio infrastructure was already in place, in theory, it could have started yesterday but for sky.....I’m guessing broadcasting schedules cannot be changed
    Not doubting you, but if that is the reason it is beyond ridiculous seeing as a) the sky cricket commentators have been so vocal about calling for changes to make the game happen and b) they have a dedicated cricket channel.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Broadcasting schedules change all the time......esp with Sky. For example - Golf. Last weekend they had the Ladies Open on the main channel with the Men's competition from Wales on the red button, with the final round of the USPGA on another. None of this was a scheduled & was changed due to the weather.

Last Sunday the Snooker finished 2 hours early......BBC just put on fillers (How it's made and Dragon Den) until the next scheduled programme came on. 

I always find people come up with reasons why it CAN'T be changed, rather than making it happen. 

PS. Yesterday afternoon Sky's Cricket channel had a much repeated programme about cricket tours in West Indies over the years & then the current T20 tournament from there. I'm sure they could have been bumped for live TEST cricket, in England, featuring England.
  • Options
    Brilliant, made up for him, knew his cousin growing up and she’ll be chuffed for him. Looks quality every time I’ve seen him play, will only get better and better. 

Does this mean england have finally solved their number 3 in problem? 
    Definitely

Only 3 first class centuries - seems like he has been spotted early

I hope he isn't Palarse though!
  • Options
    Brilliant, made up for him, knew his cousin growing up and she’ll be chuffed for him. Looks quality every time I’ve seen him play, will only get better and better. 

Depends on the openers, might have solved.an opener problem and still have a number 3 issue if Burns keeps failing and we move Crawley up.
  • Options
    Oh and very pleased for Crawley, him and Pope look set to be around for a long time (despite Pope's last couple of dismissals).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Definitely

His dad is a Bermondsy boy.
    Millwall through and through. 

Zak has a soft spot for Charlton. 

I claim all the credit. 
    If your dad supports Millwall you don't support Charlton.......unless you never want to speak to each other again. 
  • Options

Definitely

I claim all the credit. 
    If your dad supports Millwall you don't support Charlton.......unless you never want to speak to each other again. 
    Unless you're a man of impeccable taste and judgement.
  • Options

Definitely

I claim all the credit. 
    Only in this case that ain't true. 
    To be fair what his dad has achieved over the last 40 years I don't think football rivalry is on his mind 
  • Options

Broadcasting schedules change all the time......esp with Sky. For example - Golf. Last weekend they had the Ladies Open on the main channel with the Men's competition from Wales on the red button, with the final round of the USPGA on another. None of this was a scheduled & was changed due to the weather.

Last Sunday the Snooker finished 2 hours early......BBC just put on fillers (How it's made and Dragon Den) until the next scheduled programme came on. 

I always find people come up with reasons why it CAN'T be changed, rather than making it happen. 

PS. Yesterday afternoon Sky's Cricket channel had a much repeated programme about cricket tours in West Indies over the years & then the current T20 tournament from there. I'm sure they could have been bumped for live TEST cricket, in England, featuring England.
    But would sky change from Friday to Thursday due to weather? There will be people who would complain saying they took Friday and Monday off of work to watch it on tv!  I’m up for flexibility to get game time and results but I fear the decision will be down to the broadcasters and not the cricketing authorities. 
  • Options
    Crawley 150 no
    Buttler  58 no

271-4
  • Options

Definitely

I claim all the credit. 
    Bet there aren't too many Millwall supporters that went to Tonbridge School - not openly admitting it anyway!

Very well done Zac