Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    332-4 cop

Crawley 171 no
    Buttler 87 no
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:
    Brilliant, made up for him, knew his cousin growing up and she’ll be chuffed for him. Looks quality every time I’ve seen him play, will only get better and better. 

Does this mean england have finally solved their number 3 in problem? 
    Definitely

Only 3 first class centuries - seems like he has been spotted early

I hope he isn't Palarse though!
    His dad is a Bermondsy boy.
    Millwall through and through. 

Zak has a soft spot for Charlton. 

I claim all the credit. 
    Bet there aren't too many Millwall supporters that went to Tonbridge School - not openly admitting it anyway

Would be interested to know more about the journey from Bemondsey to Bromley to Tonbridge School. And what you mean by what dad has achieved in 40 years - it certainly seems to have inspired his son
  • Options
    Brilliant, made up for him, knew his cousin growing up and she’ll be chuffed for him. Looks quality every time I’ve seen him play, will only get better and better. 

Definitely

One to ask @blackpool72 who is friends with Zak's Dad.

Great innings  our lad ! 

Kent's loss this season is England's gain.
    Just spoke to his dad .
    To say he is proud is an understatement. 
    Nice comments re dad on the post day comments after the interview with him from Rob Key - or BFK as they call him, apparently
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:

Definitely

I claim all the credit. 
    Bet there aren't too many Millwall supporters that went to Tonbridge School - not openly admitting it anyway

Would be interested to know more about the journey from Bemondsey to Bromley to Tonbridge School. And what you mean by what dad has achieved in 40 years - it certainly seems to have inspired his son
    Not going to go into detail on here. 
    But if we ever meet I will be pleased to explain all 
  • Options
    Great innings Zak, may that be the first of many centuries for you
  • Options

Definitely

One to ask @blackpool72 who is friends with Zak's Dad.

Great innings  our lad ! 

Kent's loss this season is England's gain.
    Just spoke to his dad .
    To say he is proud is an understatement. 
    Nice comments re dad on the post day comments after the interview with him from Rob Key - or BFK as they call him, apparently
    Really enjoyed listening to all that.
    @blackpool@blackpool72 please tell his Dad, despite being Wall, he did a damn fine job raising that lad 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    I hope buttler gets to 100 tomorrow but it’s buttler, he will be back in dressing room by 11:07
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:

Definitely

I claim all the credit. 

Suffice to say he made a lot of money as a self made trader on the London International Financial Futures & Options Exchange (LIFFE) having previously worked for a carpet company. My first wife was a pit boss on LIFFE back when he was a major influence on the floor. All trading is now screen based trading as "open outcry" disappeared on the LIFFE floor over 20 years ago and his company trades under Crawley Futures.

As @blackpool72 says he knows him well whereas I only know him by reputation and heresay. 

• Options
    Buttler has shown some grit and determination in the series. Not been particularly good behind the stumps but showed some bottle to go out there and get some runs. Fantastic knock by Crawley, without meaning to take too much away there was some terrible bowling. Still done brilliantly to get his ton, looked like he's been in the team for years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Zak!

Was out most of the day  and didn't check the score after 12:45, so great to watch him get such a great score "unspoilt"
  • Options
    The official Charlton account congratulated him on twitter, so he'd better not be Millwall  :D

• Options
    Trying to think who Crawley reminds me of. How many right-handers are that strong off the legs? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Trying to think who Crawley reminds me of. How many right-handers are that strong off the legs? 
    He's pretty strong in all areas really. 

He slightly reminds me of Trescothick, a lefty but someone who had presence at the crease
  • Options
    MLeuth said:
    Tom Moody
  • Options
    I thought about Trescothick and Hayden but there has to be a right-hander who was tall and murderous through midwicket 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I thought about Trescothick and Hayden but there has to be a right-hander who was tall and murderous through midwicket 
    KP?
  • Options
    Crawley is more languid and less insane than KP though. Just a very classy and dominant opening batsman with powerful attacking shots. Gordon Greenidge? 
  • Options
    I mean, when Alec Stewart was an opener he played a bit like Crawley, perhaps 
  • Options
    On & off this morning due to showers. More  showers due on Monday & even more rain Tuesday. I'm predicting a draw.

Should have started on Thursday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    slightly scary moment on 99, but Jos got his 2nd test 100
  • Options
    slightly scary moment on 99, but Jos got his 2nd test 100
    That's what the review system is for, and why it's so important that other players don't burn them on desperate LBW reviews
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The official Charlton account congratulated him on twitter, so he'd better not be Millwall  :D

It would have been a lovely touch if they'd managed to spell his name right
  • Options
    Double ton for Zak
  • Options
    How many players have scored a double century as their first Test century, does anyone know?  

And what's the highest maiden century score?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Given we only need to draw to win the series I hope they let him bat on as long as possible (cue him being bowled next ball).
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    How many players have scored a double century as their first Test century, does anyone know?  

I was wondering that. Rob Key just admitted this is a better bowling attack too

I can only find that 3 have converted their first into a triple - that's pretty good going!

Four Indian Batsmen who converted their maiden Ton into a Double Century

http://www.cricketweb.net/statsspider/records/test/maidencenturies.php

Loved them all celebrating him passing 221 and Rob Key saying the Pakistan players will all be asking who is Rob Key!
  • Options
    Am so impressed with this young player. He has scored more in every test innings he has played. Everyone seems impressed with his character, attitude and dedication. And paying for himself to go to India to learn to play spin better and then Australia against fast bowling. And how quickly he learns. Me thinks we won;t get to see him play for Kent much; but our loss is England's gain

Well played Zac! I want to see him go passed his mentor Rob Key's best score for England
    Done!
  • Options

I think he's the 7th English player to do it. Rob Key was the last, and before that Gower