Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Is this a timeless test.....?  Just wondering as things have been meandering along since the drinks break. No urgency by England at all, after a 10 min spell when Crawley starting hitting 4's & 6's like they were going out of fashion. 

Root obviously doesn't want to win, take the series 2-0 and go above Australia in the table.
    Oh Golfie.  We're on 490-5 and you find a negative!
    Just pissed off that Thursday was a glorious day & they didn't think about bringing it forward a day. If you look at the weather for Tuesday I can't see much play happening, so in effect we have 2 days & 1 session left to bowl them out twice. Play can go onto 7.30 tonight but last week at Southampton they were going off for bad light at 6.30ish. 

Yes......490-5 and pootling along like we have all the time in the world. 
    Did you back an England win?

• Options
    Come on now England. 
    Declare ffs. 
  • Options
    To be fair a Kent player get a double ton is so last week. 
  • Options
    Come on now England. 
    Declare ffs. 
    15 mins but swing for 15 minutes.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Despite scoring a double hundred and only playing 15 tests.
    Rob  k only averaged 31 in test matches. 
    How bad must he have been in the other 14.
  • Options
    To continue to Carry on batting now is just fucking ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Agreed, should have declared. Madness.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    On a par with Keaton Jennings (150no), Alex lyth, robson, the Essex guy that played a few test. 

Take away that innings, key averaged 22 over 25 innings!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    On a par with Keaton Jennings (150no), Alex lyth, robson, the Essex guy that played a few test. 

Which was my point 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Which was my point 
    I know, I was adding context. Apart from 1 innings, keys batting average was lower than that of some bess. 

I’ve always thought key was unlucky and should have played more, I obviously only remembered the double ton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At fucking last captain no bollox declares 
  • Options
    Very late declaration. No idea why Root always seems to leave it so long. 

If we get 3 wickets in the last 13 overs (assuming we’re get that many in) all will be forgiven 😁
  • Options
    13 overs left tonight, a horrible period to bat
  • Options
    11 for 2, Anderson again
  • Options
    13 overs left tonight, a horrible period to bat
    Look like you were correct Pakistan 13-2 after 4.4 overs
  • Options
    And there’s the 3 wickets
  • Options
    24-3 at stumps. Awful day for Pakistan
  • Options
    Delighted for Zak Crawley. What an innings. 

I've thought he looked the real deal since I first saw him bat live at Canterbury.

Is it just me or does he look like Jay from The Inbetweeners faciaaly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looks to me like Root called it right.
    Smash 'em round the park in the sunlight.
    As the sun goes & light begins to fade, declare and have an hour at them.
    I was fine with that declaration, make their batsmen knacker themselves in the field before putting them in. And the ball will still be new when they resume tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Two years ago Zak Crawley was out for a second ball duck against Bexley. That season he averaged 14.5 in the Kent League albeit from just four innings. The previous season he scored just 72 more runs in total from 16 innings than he did in this innings for England.

Zak has come a long way in a very short period of time and a testament to his hard work - he wasn't part of the England U19 set up and took himself to Perth to improve his batting against quicks and to India to become a better player of spin and is now reaping the benefit of that.

Sadly it means that Kent might not see that much of him but as he won't be in the white ball England sides he will need to get some time in the middle so hopefully he will be allowed to play some of their games.
  • Options
    Why the annoyance at a declaration that late? If it was 2-1 England going into the 5th Ashes test would there still be moaning? A draw wins the series so see no problems with it. 
  • Options
    Why the annoyance at a declaration that late? If it was 2-1 England going into the 5th Ashes test would there still be moaning? A draw wins the series so see no problems with it. 
    Because I like to see a team try to win a Test match not just see out a draw. Also a 2-0 series win will put us 2nd in the newly formatted "league table" ahead of the Aussies.
  • Options
    Because I like to see a team try to win a Test match not just see out a draw. Also a 2-0 series win will put us 2nd in the newly formatted "league table" ahead of the Aussies.
    There’s plenty of time left in that table with bigger matches to come. There’s also time to win the test match, personally I felt the declaration was only 20-30 mins late if at all. 
  • Options
    And how is the head at Tonbridge School?
    Had my first matches last weekend boys this coming weekend outfield looks shit but will be back soon with weather changing