Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    The amount of dropped catches by the keeper and slip fielders lately is a joke 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Crawley and Curran play in place of Archer and Stokes

Pakistan win the toss and will bat
    Another plot against Sussex, so that they can't win the Bob Willis Trophy. Leave Archer and Robinson carrying the drinks. As if Kent would have scored more than about 100 rather than 506 for 1 if those two had not wasted their time with the England squad.
  • Options
    The amount of dropped catches by the keeper and slip fielders lately is a joke 
    Sibley and Burns doing their best to take the heat off Buttler
  • Options
    Quite uncanny how when we were playing at Manchester the rain was up there and it was nice down south, but when we switch venues it's now raining down south and nicer in the north...
  • Options
    12:30 restart. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    CHG said:
    12:30 restart. 
    Just turned over from watching the 1 o'clock news.......and they are at lunch !!  WTF  ??

Cricket is a fucked up game. 

I expect they will go off a 7pm in bright sunshine. 
  • Options
    Not looking likely there will be any play today.  May as well just shake hands & call it a draw
  • Options
    Not looking likely there will be any play today.  May as well just shake hands & call it a draw
    They don't play when light is poor, but not dangerous. And then it will rain for the rest of the time...
  • Options
    Did anyone else bet on a draw?

• Options

The umpires, seeing how keen they've been to keep the players off the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They managed to get in 71 overs at Old Trafford today, should have stated up there.
  • Options
    Finally, after several days, England are making the conditions look bowler friendly.  

Especially Burns, Crawley and Sibley. 
  • Options
    Must be one of the worst Tests for overs/time lost for a good few years. Midway through day 4 & we've had just under 100 overs all told.
  • Options
    Glad I watched the sport on BBC this morning - "it's the last day of the 2nd Test and a draw seems to be the most likely outcome". 

When was the last time the same Test side lost 19 wickets on Day 5 of a match? The answer is never!
  • Options
    Glad I watched the sport on BBC this morning - "it's the last day of the 2nd Test and a draw seems to be the most likely outcome". 

When was the last time the same Test side lost 19 wickets on Day 5 of a match? The answer is never!
    With the attitude of the umpires and ground staff in this game, it's doubly unlikely!
  • Options
    Watched "The Cricket Debate" on Sky last night. Mark Butcher asking Dominic Cork& Matt Prior about the current "bad light" rules & what could be done to get more cricket played (this was after seeing Michael Vaughan doing an interview, well after play was abandoned, in bright sunshine). One suggestion, especially now when there aren't any spectators, was to start play earlier. Why wait until 11am if the weather looks good at 10.30 or even 10am. As I said on Saturday, there was a delay Sat am & play didn't start until 12.30......only for them all go off for lunch an hour later  !! Madness !!  In that instance the umpires should have said at 12 noon that they would have an early lunch & be ready to start play at 12.30 (OMG.. just 30 mins instead of the time honoured tradition of 40!!). Sometimes you have to change things a little.
  • Options

That wouldn’t be needed for an England win though. Buttler hits 200 off 60 balls and we declare with a lead of 50. Jimmy takes all 10 as we bowl them out for 7. 

Admittedly I’d be surprised if the above were to happen. 
  • Options
    Watched "The Cricket Debate" on Sky last night. Mark Butcher asking Dominic Cork& Matt Prior about the current "bad light" rules & what could be done to get more cricket played (this was after seeing Michael Vaughan doing an interview, well after play was abandoned, in bright sunshine). One suggestion, especially now when there aren't any spectators, was to start play earlier. Why wait until 11am if the weather looks good at 10.30 or even 10am. As I said on Saturday, there was a delay Sat am & play didn't start until 12.30......only for them all go off for lunch an hour later  !! Madness !!  In that instance the umpires should have said at 12 noon that they would have an early lunch & be ready to start play at 12.30 (OMG.. just 30 mins instead of the time honoured tradition of 40!!). Sometimes you have to change things a little.
    Especially true when there are no fans at the moment - you don't need to give fans a chance to get to the ground, and you don't need to cater to the corporate fans off for a 1pm lunch etc. 
  • Options
    Can someone please assure me that Sibley hasn't cemented his place in this team for the next 5 years.
    I refuse to believe that we don't have better opening batsmen than him somewhere in the county game now or coming through the ranks.

• Options
    Nice for Zak to get a 50 and top score, as of the top 6 his place is the most vulnerable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont you just the game of cricket. Its been wet for 4 days & finally they get out there, play for 3 hours & then, in bright sunshine, they all go off early because it's in the laws that they can.

Someone needs to rip up the laws of cricket & start again. Its fucked. 
  • Options
    Dont you just the game of cricket. Its been wet for 4 days & finally they get out there, play for 3 hours & then, in bright sunshine, they all go off early because it's in the laws that they can.

Someone needs to rip up the laws of cricket & start again. Its fucked. 
    Totally agree 
  • Options
    Nice for Zak to get a 50 and top score, as of the top 6 his place is the most vulnerable 
    he looked really good value too, always does every time i see him bat. Usually feel the same when i watch pope batting
  • Options
    Captain Cretin should’ve made an aggressive declaration to win the game.....
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I thought it was an excellent game & I fully back the umpires :smile:
  • Options
    Back to my ongoing beef with playing times of the current Test series.

Weather tomorrow looks really poor & supposedly rather windy from Friday onwards.

However Thursday looks dry & sunny all day. But the Test match starts Friday. So why not just bring it forward a day......and even then factor in a rest day or 2. No fans in the ground so no problem with ticket sales. Players hardly played last week so no problem with being tired or "bowled out". Win/win.

Won't happen in a million years though. Just imagine getting to the 5th day & running out of time due to previous rain delays when everyone can see that playing on Thursday would give a whole uninterrupted days play. 

Cricket needs to take a look at Golf & how they alter tee times to make sure they finish before any storms arrive.
  • Options
    Sod that Golfie we're one up!  😁
  • Options
    Over 60mph winds forecast for Southampton today.
  • Options
    England win the toss and will bat. One change - Archer for Curran
  • Options
    England win the toss and will bat. One change - Archer for Curran
    A longer tail, but we might need the extra pace

Bit tough that Curran never got the chance to bat in his one match!