Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOIN THE CAFC SUPPORTERS TRUST!

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to think the starter of this thread played a part.

;+)

Promote maybe?
  • Options
    Don't have promotion powers, but thank you on behalf of CAST!
  • Options
    The size of the Trust influenced the judge in considering the importance of Charlton Athletic as something way beyond a commercial asset.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The size of the Trust influenced the judge in considering the importance of Charlton Athletic as something way beyond a commercial asset.
    Did it?
  • Options
    The judge was in doubt as to the importance of the support from a properly sized and configured truss erm trust
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    How many members was there yesterday morning compared to now ?🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Did it?
    I believe it had an influence, as did the number wanting to view proceedings. I can't think of a courtroom in the land with a public gallery that holds 200.
  • Options
    Good heavens - that's 10% of a full Valley, including the Jimmy Seed full of visitors!  What a great statistic!
  • Options
    What power does the Trust have with regard to the EFL and other authorities? Would make sense to me that the EFL require a club's trust to ok potential buyers. Maybe make it mandatory that they have voting shares ?  
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    What power does the Trust have with regard to the EFL and other authorities? Would make sense to me that the EFL require a club's trust to ok potential buyers. Maybe make it mandatory that they have voting shares ?  
    BTW I joined back in May
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Moreover, aren't the trust meeting the EFL later this month?  Certainly there is unfinished business there!

The bigger membership, the stronger the mandate CAST have in all their interactions with officialdom.
    Would like to see Lauren go after the EFL  :)
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Good heavens - that's 10% of a full Valley, including the Jimmy Seed full of visitors!  What a great statistic!
    It's certainly grown since ESI turned up  :smiley:
  • Options
    We also had a little over 4,500 sign up to 'Our Club' so there's probably 2,000 of those who aren't members......yet!
  • Options
    Attended Valley party reunion few years ago at the museum having stood in my local ward in 1990.

Very strange when said hello to present vice chairman and asked me if I was nine years old when I stood for the Valley party.Obviously someone who is pretty ignorant and has an over inflated sense of their importance.

Then listened to  a speech about the Greenwich local election about how this was the most exciting times of our lives,think they need to get out more...

Proud of the insignificant part I played at the time ,including selling the Voice at Selhurst and carrying the coffin before Middlesboro game.

In the great scheme of things the achievements by a small group of people in late 80's and early 90's is to be commended but the Trust doesn't have a monopoly on supporters views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    trundler said:
    Attended Valley party reunion few years ago at the museum having stood in my local ward in 1990.

Very strange when said hello to present vice chairman and asked me if I was nine years old when I stood for the Valley party.Obviously someone who is pretty ignorant and has an over inflated sense of their importance.

Then listened to  a speech about the Greenwich local election about how this was the most exciting times of our lives,think they need to get out more...

Proud of the insignificant part I played at the time ,including selling the Voice at Selhurst and carrying the coffin before Middlesboro game.

In the great scheme of things the achievements by a small group of people in late 80's and early 90's is to be commended but the Trust doesn't have a monopoly on supporters views.
    Ok...
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    I need more than a pound of flesh for my fiver 🙄
  • Options
    trundler said:

Could you point me in the direction of anything that states the Trust take that view?
  • Options
    Just joined
    Just a small contribution toward the hard work the trust must put in helping to get the result we did yesterday
  • Options
    I tried to join this afternoon, but it seems I have to open a Pay Pal account, which I do not wish to do, so, if you have your stand open next time I'm at the Valley, I'll give you my fiver then.  Sorry about that.
  • Options
    I tried to join this afternoon, but it seems I have to open a Pay Pal account, which I do not wish to do, so, if you have your stand open next time I'm at the Valley, I'll give you my fiver then.  Sorry about that.
    No worries, alternative here if bank transfer is any good;

https://www.castrust.org/join/full-member-bank-transfer/
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    No worries, alternative here if bank transfer is any good;

https://www.castrust.org/join/full-member-bank-transfer/
      Any chance we can get TS to get you a 'pay by card' button??

;-)