Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOIN THE CAFC SUPPORTERS TRUST!

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff ! 

How about a promotion video with the slogan " Keeeeeep trusting CAST " ? 

Tracey could fill Tess Daley's role & Weegie, Claudia Winklewoman....
    Ha, ha, ha. Now if only I could dance. Twist and Shout, anyone?
  • Options
    @Weegie Addick I don’t doubt at all he has threatened to sue CAST, if he carries in with the threat I am sure CAST will win on legal, moral and can support. 
  • Options
    My annual renewal went out this week too.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    I always pay in cash.
    I have no paypal so would hesitate to use it, but paying online by credit card to somewhere (like on Amazon) would work for me.
    Or when we had the protest fund that  was easy by direct bank transfer.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I always pay in cash.
    I have no paypal so would hesitate to use it, but paying online by credit card to somewhere (like on Amazon) would work for me.
    Or when we had the protest fund that  was easy by direct bank transfer.
    Theres a bank transfer option Seth. Scroll up a page or two.
  • Options
    Joined.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    i owe the trust a fiver. I don't have paypal, I thought I had joined and paid few weeks ago by debit card, but money has not left my account. I have been welcomed as a member and get weekly updates - so feel a bit of a fraud, can you send details to just complete a bank transfer.
    Edit: just seen Off it message above, will do today
  • Options
    i owe the trust a fiver. I don't have paypal, I thought I had joined and paid few weeks ago by debit card, but money has not left my account. I have been welcomed as a member and get weekly updates - so feel a bit of a fraud, can you send details to just complete a bank transfer
    Bank account details on links below, i'll call of the debt collectors and can't pay we'll take it away TV crew (they are struggling anyway with social distancing).

https://www.castrust.org/join/full-member-bank-transfer/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    i owe the trust a fiver. I don't have paypal, I thought I had joined and paid few weeks ago by debit card, but money has not left my account. I have been welcomed as a member and get weekly updates - so feel a bit of a fraud, can you send details to just complete a bank transfer
    Bank account details on links below, i'll call of the debt collectors and can't pay we'll take it away TV crew (they are struggling anyway with social distancing).

Lol, thanks, done, my name in the reference, so haven't bothered with the email as you already seem to have me as a member. 
  • Options
    Well done Matt just joined.
  • Options
    Joined!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I’ve joined as well. Agree I would prefer an option to PayPal. I don’t have it and have no intention of ever using it but my wife does have it so used that.  

Matt Southall is a great recruitment officer.  I am firmly on the side of the Trust. Very impressed with the response to his pathetic, schoolboy attempt to bully the Trust.  We’ve got your back guys. 
  • Options
    Just joined. Should have done it long ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Did you look into the possibility of credit/debit card payments mate?

Had a look on Twitter and the PayPal option is still holding a fair few back.

Bank transfer is a little archaic for some.

• Options
    Yes and no, I did look into, at the moment we can only take PayPal and can only be recurring/need an account unless we upgrade to a Paypal pro account, I've yet to look into the Pro account but thanks for the nudge/reminder.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Did you look into the possibility of credit/debit card payments mate?

Had a look on Twitter and the PayPal option is still holding a fair few back.

Bank transfer is a little archaic for some.

Archaic?
    For some (me) it's cutting edge!
  • Options
    Personally find bank transfer and PayPal easier than debit/credit card payments but understand that’s not the same for everyone. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Trying to pay by debit card, keeps pushing me towards paypal
    Yes, and the link goes to Charlton Athletic Supporters SOCIETY. Is this the same thing or is somebody scamming here?
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Trying to pay by debit card, keeps pushing me towards paypal
    Yes, and the link goes to Charlton Athletic Supporters SOCIETY. Is this the same thing or is somebody scamming here?
    The Trust is an Industrial and Provident Society for financial reporting purposes I believe so that is the reason I surmise.

Someone will put me right soon enough if I've got that wrong.
  • Options
    I joined today!
  • Options
    Being part of the CAST team can't be much fun. You give up a fair amount of your time (for free), manning a stall at games, compiling weekly email bulletins, attending meetings all over the place and maintaining an annually renewing membership.
    There is an obligation to represent our supporters as professionally and competently as possible which can be taken as weakness by some who would rather they spoke more aggressively or asked the sorts of questions to which they would have no chance of getting an answer.
     Today's exchange is the perfect example of why we should all back the "boring" CAST team. If you want to change things, join and get involved. If not join and pay your fiver - it's the price of a pint, once a year and it does nothing more than cover basic admin costs. Getting the membership up to 2000 would be a perfect Southall legacy.
    I was a temporary member of the Board, and realised quite quickly I was never going to have enough spare time to do the role justice. The volume of emails alone was pretty overwhelming. 
    Hats off to them. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Excellent, the membership secretary is going to be very busy this week. 

With a bit of luck we'll break through 1800 today  :) 14 to go.......

Don't forget if you have children/grandchildren under 16 they can also join, for free, up until their 16th birthday.
    Result! My 14 year old is about to join, as is my 17 year old - and my missus has just agreed, if only to shut me up👍
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Thanks everyone, it's changing by the minute almost but 134 so far have joined today, strangely most of them from mid afternoon onwards, no idea why.......

1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 and counting
    Could be because a link was put on the unofficial Facebook site roughly about that time!  
    May be a good idea to put a post on there from the trust itself explaining why it would be a good idea to join.  For all it’s faults they have over 10500 members!