Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOIN THE CAFC SUPPORTERS TRUST!

Comments

• Options
    Trying to pay by debit card, keeps pushing me towards paypal
  • Options
    Good to see on CAST's twitter https://twitter.com/castrust?lang=en that over 100 new members have recently joined.

The more voices they have behind them, the more weight CAST will carry with other bodies, and the louder they can shout. 
    Next target 1000 newbies?

The article on the OS https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ea1e374f14e0/director-marian-mihail-answers-questions-from-supporters-trust-24042020 is good publicity for the work they are doing, which will reach Addicks who don't read CL. 
    Is there any other way we can spread the word? 
    Is anyone a member of another forum, and willing to start a similar thread there?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Trying to pay by debit card, keeps pushing me towards paypal
     This  definitely needs sorting.
  • Options
    Yeh i lost quite a bit of money through my Paypal account some years back so have avoided them since.
    I will keep checking back here for the CAST account details and then join up.
    Well done
  • Options
    Just tried but the PayPal does not support my financial/ residential circumstances.

Professionally having known the organisation for over 20yrs have studiously sought to avoid them at all costs. For a supposedly international payment organisation they were crap. Typical imposition of US based strategy which rarely works across borders.

Offer me an alternative payment and I will happily join the fight!
    Has Grapevine49 been hacked?

He couldn’t do a 5 sentence post. Could he?
  • Options
    @Grapevine49 I would welcome you with open arms (virtually, of course), but it's @Rob7Lee who holds the bank details so you'll need to prise them from him, if @Pico doesn't veto you first.

That's committees for you ;-)

• Options
    @Grapevine49 I would welcome you with open arms (virtually, of course), but it's @Rob7Lee who holds the bank details so you'll need to prise them from him, if @Pico doesn't veto you first.

That's committees for you ;-)

Can we not just get a pay by credit/debit card button on the website weegie?
  • Options
    Seriously, anyone having PayPal problems, please inbox @Rob7Lee and he'll sort you out.

It should be possible to sign-up to CAST via PayPal without having to take a PayPal account - we are looking into this.

• Options
    iainment said:
    Just tried but the PayPal does not support my financial/ residential circumstances.

Professionally having known the organisation for over 20yrs have studiously sought to avoid them at all costs. For a supposedly international payment organisation they were crap. Typical imposition of US based strategy which rarely works across borders.

Fully understandable as he must be flagging after that earlier gargantuan effort. Welcome on board Grapevine in anticipation of the £5 being parted with 😉.
  • Options
    I have paid my dues directly into the trust bank account as the website function doesn’t work. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    iainment said:

Fully understandable as he must be flagging after that earlier gargantuan effort. Welcome on board Grapevine in anticipation of the £5 being parted with 😉.
    Just thought. That's 5 times as much as Southall payed for Charlton Athletic.
  • Options

I have just sent you a PM. 

Many thanks
  • Options
    I'm looking at the PayPal issue.

You should be able to pay through PayPal with a card (credit or debit) without actually signing up for an account.

I'll sign up my Cat without logging into my PayPal and see what happens  :D
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm looking at the PayPal issue.

You should be able to pay through PayPal with a card (credit or debit) without actually signing up for an account.

I'll sign up my Cat without logging into my PayPal and see what happens  :D
    Oi oi, it's not called Rosie is it like Arry boy's dog. When's the next audit due? 😉.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    [Scrap that. Terrible idea.]

• Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done!👍🏻
  • Options
    Hate to mention it @Rob7Lee, but what about the  Junior membership?. It is of course free, but  how do the youngsters sign up. Perhaps a box for that, and a mention of the t&c's.
  • Options
    Hate to mention it @Rob7Lee, but what about the  Junior membership?. It is of course free, but  how do the youngsters sign up. Perhaps a box for that, and a mention of the t&c's.
    No problem Ken,

https://www.castrust.org/join/

Page down, middle box for Junior membership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, keep signing up!!
  • Options
    How many members do we have and how many do we need to become a big supporters trust? I'm wondering if there's a 'per thousand average home gate' kind of stat that would give us a target?

• Options
    Pico said:
    How many members do we have and how many do we need to become a big supporters trust? I'm wondering if there's a 'per thousand average home gate' kind of stat that would give us a target?

As of this morning CAST has 1410 members including 56 junior members - so 1354 paying and voting members. That is an increase of 300 in the last month. It is moving towards10% of an average home gate but, if we were in League One next season, it might well exceed 10%

Numbers are important of course but can also be deceptive. Fulham Supporters Trust has a great reputation for working critically and constructively with Fulham FC and is highly thought of in the movement but last time I looked they had about 700 members.
    Reading Supporters Trust has over 2000 members but they organise away travel and, as the Reading owner funds away coach travel for Reading fans, it is quite a strong incentive to join.

There is also the argument that says increasing membership of a Trust is a sign of a club in crisis and this would certainly seem to be the case with us. In contrast, Fulham fans are probably quite complacent. 

There is also the argument that says increasing membership of a Trust is a sign of ensuring it can field several teams at the next CACT quiz ....and finish with all the prizes ! 

:-)
  • Options
    Pico said:

As of this morning CAST has 1410 members including 56 junior members - so 1354 paying and voting members. That is an increase of 300 in the last month. It is moving towards10% of an average home gate but, if we were in League One next season, it might well exceed 10%

Numbers are important of course but can also be deceptive. Fulham Supporters Trust has a great reputation for working critically and constructively with Fulham FC and is highly thought of in the movement but last time I looked they had about 700 members.
    Reading Supporters Trust has over 2000 members but they organise away travel and, as the Reading owner funds away coach travel for Reading fans, it is quite a strong incentive to join.

There is also the argument that says increasing membership of a Trust is a sign of a club in crisis and this would certainly seem to be the case with us. In contrast, Fulham fans are probably quite complacent. 

There is also the argument that says increasing membership of a Trust is a sign of ensuring it can field several teams at the next CACT quiz ....and finish with all the prizes ! 

:-)
    @pico we've been rumbled..........