Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McDonalds closing ALL restuarants!.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    My local one has just opened for delivery........tempted......it's been a while.
  • Options
    Queue into the drive-thru in Redhill Surrey was causing massive disruption.
    These fuckwit dross-gobbling organisms were probably the same dullard oxygen thieves who bought up all the bogroll pasta and tinned tomatoes 3 months ago.
    Not darkened the golden arches for 5 years at least. The double sausage'n'egg muffin could be OK, although usually swimming in a slick of grease and that orange salty mush they call "cheese" is superfluous at best, the 'fries' are a travesty and they ruined the milkshakes about a decade ago 🤢.  I can't conceive of a situation where waiting at McD's for more than 5 minutes would be better than any other option.  Eating anything from there promises at least one hasty and unpleasant dash to the bog 4 to 8 hours later.
    Not only do we have to share oxygen with those pondlife, but many of them have the vote too - oh FFS corona virus take me now...😟
    I take it you're not a fan then. Fair do's. However, I have 3 teenagers who are dying for their Big Mac's & would love for things to get back to normal........go see there grandparents fir the day nr Hastings then have a Macdonalds on the way home. Sometimes familiarity is good.
  • Options
    These fuckwit dross-gobbling organisms were probably the same dullard oxygen thieves who bought up all the bogroll pasta and tinned tomatoes 3 months ago.
    Not darkened the golden arches for 5 years at least. The double sausage'n'egg muffin could be OK, although usually swimming in a slick of grease and that orange salty mush they call "cheese" is superfluous at best, the 'fries' are a travesty and they ruined the milkshakes about a decade ago 🤢.  I can't conceive of a situation where waiting at McD's for more than 5 minutes would be better than any other option.  Eating anything from there promises at least one hasty and unpleasant dash to the bog 4 to 8 hours later.
    Not only do we have to share oxygen with those pondlife, but many of them have the vote too - oh FFS corona virus take me now...😟
    Dont sit on the fence Stig, haha great post.

Tbh i kind of agree with you, i dont really get mcdonalds unless the odd breakfast one the way into the office (once in a blue moon). I haven't even looked around for one near me, i dont mind their Double Cheese burgers and cheese sides but i cant say i am in any real need, also when you eat it you will be hungry 2 hours later regardless.. 

Got my first Costa on monday from Drive Thru, also one today at lunch from a normal costa, i am very happy to have them back in my life save to say :) That or Starbucks are way more needs must for me...
  • Options

Tbh i kind of agree with you, i dont really get mcdonalds unless the odd breakfast one the way into the office (once in a blue moon). I haven't even looked around for one near me, i dont mind their Double Cheese burgers and cheese sides but i cant say i am in any real need, also when you eat it you will be hungry 2 hours later regardless.. 

Got my first Costa on monday from Drive Thru, also one today at lunch from a normal costa, i am very happy to have them back in my life save to say :) That or Starbucks are way more needs must for me...
    If you do McDonalds right you defo won’t be hungry 2 hours later. 

Got one delivered in the week from Welling. It arrived hot, meaning the chips were decent which is a massive game changer in the delivery stakes. 

Quarter Pounder with cheese was finished in seconds, they’d put plenty of ketchup and onions in there, so it retained in glorious juicy ness.

3 chicken selects to accompany the main meal, intermittently dipped into sweet chilli  and or smoky barbecue dip to mix up those flavours.

Then a beautifully crafted double cheeseburger to really separate the men from the boys.

Finished off with an ice cold Fanta drunk with the lid off (paper straws are a disgrace).

As someone who works in the restaurant business I know the quality difference between good and shit food. McDonald’s certainly falls into the latter but it just tastes so fucking good.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

That place is so badly designed anyway, it must be a nightmare when busy. Like you I never touch the stuff, and while I try not to judge anyone, I do think that the people sitting in a massive queue to go to that place are morons. 

@ValleyGary I almost envy you enjoying the taste. Sausage and Egg McMuffin and apple pie aside, there's nothing in there that I would want to remember the taste of. 

Also, a good tip for warming up delivered fries - heat them up on a dry, hot frying pan. Microwaves work by exciting the water molecules so they make chips go soggy. A hot frying pan can make them hot and crispy again. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hark at Mc Delia :-)
  • Options

If you do McDonalds right you defo won’t be hungry 2 hours later. 

Got one delivered in the week from Welling. It arrived hot, meaning the chips were decent which is a massive game changer in the delivery stakes. 

Quarter Pounder with cheese was finished in seconds, they’d put plenty of ketchup and onions in there, so it retained in glorious juicy ness.

3 chicken selects to accompany the main meal, intermittently dipped into sweet chilli  and or smoky barbecue dip to mix up those flavours.

Then a beautifully crafted double cheeseburger to really separate the men from the boys.

Finished off with an ice cold Fanta drunk with the lid off (paper straws are a disgrace).

As someone who works in the restaurant business I know the quality difference between good and shit food. McDonald’s certainly falls into the latter but it just tastes so fucking good.
    Lol VG knows his M'ds love it a beautiful analysis bud. Sounds a good line up there at least , i dont really do quarter pounders/ but selects and doubles :) they are good when fancied. 

I have recently bought a couple of the rustler sausage mcmuffins, they are ok but not quite up to the originals (no egg fwiw) 
  • Options
    I get that the ‘perfect’ chip divides opinion and people like to argue about what shape and size chips should be, but as long as they’re properly salted and hot, I really don’t see how you can say McDonald’s chips aren’t one of the best around.
  • Options

Breakfast is back, came back earlier this week.

My Saturday morning ritual can now recommence. Double sausage and egg McMuffin meal with two hash browns.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll all be open from 4th July where you can go in.
  • Options
    My Dad and I used to catch a 51 Bus from Sidcup to Woolwich Arsenal and then two stops on the train to Charlton. One Saturday afternoon back in 1974, on the return journey, we decided to try this brand new restaurant called McDonald's.

My Dad was less than impressed with the quality of the food describing the burger as tasteless and the chips as cardboard. Little did he or I think that this would become the staple diet for so many in this country. And to be fair even he warmed to it over time.
  • Options
    A film called The Founder is on Amazon at the moment, I recommend watching it. Stars Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc, the man who took the McDonald brothers' idea and... well he pretty much stole it from them. If nothing else, it'll make you want a McDonald's after. Which will make you wish your McD's tasted as good as the original restaurant looked! From what I've read it's a pretty accurate depiction of events. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I’ve never eaten one where afterwards I haven’t wished I hadn’t 
    Over the last two years I've developed a reaction to fast food where I feel like I'm coming down with the flu for 24-48 hours after eating. It's happened at McD's, KFC and BK. Which is probably a good thing in the long run. 
  • Options
    I’ve never eaten one where afterwards I haven’t wished I hadn’t 
    Your talking about McDonald’s right?
  • Options

My Saturday morning ritual can now recommence. Double sausage and egg McMuffin meal with two hash browns.

One of my highlights this lockdown was my wife making these at home. Was tastier and much less greasy than the real thing
  • Options

One of my highlights this lockdown was my wife making these at home. Was tastier and much less greasy than the real thing
    I made myself a sausage and cheese muffin, tbf it was very nice and fresh. Slightly different but probably better :) easier to pick a Mc D's one up, although once in a blue moon. Haven't attempted to get one yet since its been re-opened and in no hurry, possibly might get a breakfast one if its open and on route somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that’s true it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen from twitter made me laugh a lot
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    That was Didn’t Happen of the Year contender back in 2018 I’m afraid