Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McDonalds closing ALL restuarants!.

Comments

• Options
    I like a McMuffin though I must admit.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    The CEO of McDonalds UK was born in Dartford and went to Wilmington Grammar
    Tell him their chips are shit.
    He Pro Bono business mentors me so I get to chat with him most weeks. My 17 year old daughter always tries to seize the agenda and in fairness he always has a chuckle at her demands/ requests.

If you'll forgive me I might pass on the " your chips are shite" insight, ;-) 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:
    When I think of the word 'restaurant' I don't think of MacDonald's.

McDonald's currently controls the UK's second-largest group of restaurants.  (I bet you can guess who controls the most...)
    Little Chef?
    Little Chef no longer exists.
    It does when @ElfsborgAddick is cooking in his house. 

A good one Dicky, am glad lockdown has not dampened your spirits.
  • Options
    100% - Wimpy is (was) awesome. Back when I was a fat bastard and ate shite all the time I would go out of my way to go to the Wimpy in Purley (last one I can remember still being there, other than the ones at Clacket Lane and Norton Canes services) for a quattepounder with cheese and chips. Mint! 
    We still have one in Beckenham and they deliver!

• Options
    addix said:
    100% - Wimpy is (was) awesome. Back when I was a fat bastard and ate shite all the time I would go out of my way to go to the Wimpy in Purley (last one I can remember still being there, other than the ones at Clacket Lane and Norton Canes services) for a quattepounder with cheese and chips. Mint! 
    We still have one in Beckenham and they deliver!

Eltham
    woolwich
    the one is Greenwich is Starburger

ten times better than the modern offerings.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

McDonald's currently controls the UK's second-largest group of restaurants.  (I bet you can guess who controls the most...)
    Little Chef?

Def not mate -it’s down quite the opposite. Could get used to this. 
  • Options
    Chelmsford evidently the McDonald's capital of the country. Explains a lot. Might give it a week before I swing by, can only imagine the chaos.

Back to Wimpy, I used to work in the one in Megabowl. The burgers were good quality, with fresh salad (apart from the rehydrated onions which were grim) and I used to create some greasy works of art. Also sold the Bender in a Bun, a joke that soured very quickly when working the till.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?

Def not mate -it’s down quite the opposite. Could get used to this. 

Your post got a lol out of @clb74 it's not often "smiley addick" manages that.  Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    holyjo said:
    holyjo said:
    He Pro Bono business mentors me so I get to chat with him most weeks. My 17 year old daughter always tries to seize the agenda and in fairness he always has a chuckle at her demands/ requests.

KFC improved theirs after people whinged on Twitter, call it important feedback mate! 

Though Paulie likes them so the CL jury is split so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McDonalds chips used to be brilliant when they were cooked in beef fat. There's an excellent podcast by Malcolm Gladwell on the campaign by a millionaire to force them to change to vegetable oil and how it ruined their chips (as well as making them even less healthy)

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/19-mcdonalds-broke-my-heart
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    se9addick said:
    Burger King is better than McDonalds 
    Burgers are better in Burger King
    Chips are better in McDonalds

When I worked in Bromley occasionally I got just a Burger from Burger King, just Chips from McDonald's and just chicken from KFC

Best of all 3 worlds
    I am going to throw a spanner in the works (Not one of our resident ones)and say that I prefer Wimpy. 

I'm with you on that.
    There are very few Wimpy restaurants up t'north but we drive to Shrewsbury (60 mile round trip) just for a quarter pounder with cheese and chips (missus usually does some shopping as well!!). When we lived near Maidstone, we were regulars at the Wimpy at the top of Gabriel's Hill - we'd go in and didn't matter how busy it was the owner would find us a table.

I used to love Wendy as well, but they disappeared when Burger King took them over and changed all the Wendy restaurants to BK. Used to be a Wendy in The Strand that I used to frequent when I worked in the West End.
    Happy days!

• Options
    Another shout for Wimpy here. Had one delivered a couple of weeks ago.... love an international grill when eating in. And our local one has just rolled out the fabled Lime milkshake that was so popular back in the 80s.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    holyjo said:

KFC improved theirs after people whinged on Twitter, call it important feedback mate! 

Though Paulie likes them so the CL jury is split so far.
    Gotta be a joke right.

The new KFC chips are much worse than the old ones
    Agree to disagree there mate, thought they were awful before, tasteless and limp.

Not perfect now but better, at least they have some flavour.
  • Options
    Another shout for Wimpy here. Had one delivered a couple of weeks ago.... love an international grill when eating in. And our local one has just rolled out the fabled Lime milkshake that was so popular back in the 80s.

I dream of being able to get takeaways delivered, although probably better for my waistline that we live in the back of beyond!
  • Options
    Would love to get a Wimpy but is so expensive compared to a lot of takeaways
  • Options
    I am not really a regular, but i do love a mcmuffin on the odd occasion, normally when i have to go into work (eg. i work from home 99% of the time). 

Missing costa though , thats a daily thing every morning we get one. 

We have a services right near us , they  have a costa drive thru, not really sure why they cant re-open? same with any macdonalds drive thru , surely thats possible? i haven't really read up on this stuff but it would be nice to get my costa coffee back in the mornings to set me up for the day :smiley:
  • Options
    I am not really a regular, but i do love a mcmuffin on the odd occasion, normally when i have to go into work (eg. i work from home 99% of the time). 

Missing costa though , thats a daily thing every morning we get one. 

We have a services right near us , they  have a costa drive thru, not really sure why they cant re-open? same with any macdonalds drive thru , surely thats possible? i haven't really read up on this stuff but it would be nice to get my costa coffee back in the mornings to set me up for the day :smiley:
    What red blooded bloke and some red blooded women don't mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing I have noticed about McDonalds is how much I don't miss it. I do crave KFC and Burger King in the odd moments of weakness, but McDonalds was more through convenience. 
  • Options
    Only thing I’m missing is really good Korean from the palace opposite the office in Aldgate 
  • Options
    Gutted the breakfast menu will not be included in the McDonalds comeback.
  • Options
    KFC is disgusting. Greasy and the chips, christ, they don’t even take off all the potato skin. Morley’s is better and for half the price. 

McDonalds is the don. But only when fresh, ordering from Welling on Ubereats then it taking 90 minutes to arrive cold and damp, is not McDonalds.

Wimpy is great from Ubereats, always fresh and hot, but it definitely ain’t cheap. Burger meal for me and the missus and a kids meal for my little’un come to £33 with delivery.
  • Options
    Five Guys when it reopens will be on the list of visits
  • Options
    Since lockdown I've been using the Whopper and Big Mac recipes on this youtube channel to make my own: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxqg1-LTxBXZBPp39SE_Kjw. They are really authentic in taste and if anything are a little bit better because of the fresh ingredients. I haven't bothered making the Big Mac sauce yet as the new M&S American burger sauce is almost spot on.
  • Options
    off topic .. nice bright day so I took a drive along Cleethorpes front ..  two take away fish & chip kiosks open .. LONG queues .. social distancing was immaculately observed .. people walking away with their food looking VERY happy .. things are getting back to 'normal' (perhaps a new normal lol)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    off topic .. nice bright day so I took a drive along Cleethorpes front ..  two take away fish & chip kiosks open .. LONG queues .. social distancing was immaculately observed .. people walking away with their food looking VERY happy .. things are getting back to 'normal' (perhaps a new normal lol)

I came across a chippy opened in Petts Wood today.
    It looks like these exotic places are leading the way in getting the Fish and Chip shop business's resuming trading.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Only thing I’m missing is really good Korean from the palace opposite the office in Aldgate 
    How much does he charge?