Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McDonalds closing ALL restuarants!.

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:
    When I think of the word 'restaurant' I don't think of MacDonald's.

McDonald's currently controls the UK's second-largest group of restaurants.  (I bet you can guess who controls the most...)
    Little Chef?
    Little Chef no longer exists.
  • Options
    Chickens and Cows over the land will be rejoicing
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Tip of the iceberg .. to broaden the discussion .. I can't see the 'high street' ever recovering from the various closures, 'bricks and mortar' retailing was in crisis long before the pandemic arrived.
     The big rescue packages for Debenhams, House of Fraser etc. depended on rebranding and restructuring, what is now the point with no customers .. huge brands like McD and Primark are closing indefinitely ..  Waterstones, HMV and many other speciality stores/brands must be in danger along with the majority of clothes shops, especially those run by Philip Green
    The Govt has virtually renationalised the railways and the airlines will need billions in support to keep going. Inevitably exports other than food will slow down, steel plants and engineering suppliers will close as car manufacturing grinds to a halt meaning that the docks and container ports will lose business. 
    Hundreds of thousands of workers in a huge variety of trades and industries will be laid off and for how long will the Govt continue to pay their fairly generous income support monies ?
     Things will be very different after this pandemic and it seems there is a long way to go until the authorities will give the go ahead for everyone to resume a semblance of normality. But I doubt that 'normality' will  ever be quite what we knew before the corona virus intruded into our society.
    The 'High Street' will recover, but it won't be the same.  There will be a new normal.  That might mean fewer chains and more, relevant, local shops.  It might mean customers preferring to shop in places where they know the owner and they know the owner looks after their staff.  And it might mean that global and national retail chains become fewer and are replaced by businesses that are more-closely aligned to their locale. 

Today, for the first time in the many years since I moved to my current house, I walked to the local village and bought some food from the local butcher, instead of driving to the supermarket and choosing from the meat counter.  I won't buy meat from the supermarket any more after this. 
    You’ll be lucky to find any Chizz.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

McDonald's currently controls the UK's second-largest group of restaurants.  (I bet you can guess who controls the most...)
    Little Chef?
    Not true! And they still have the Olympic breakfast on the menu
    http://www.littlechef.co.uk/locations/
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?
    Really Wilma......all the ones I used to know have long since gone.🤔
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?
    If I was them, I'd get that map off the website pronto. It makes it look like they only have five locations.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?
    Really Wilma......all the ones I used to know have long since gone.🤔
    Yeah, they nearly went out of business I believe, restructured and closed loads of restaurants and managed to keep going. Heston Blumenthal got in involved at some point and had some recipes on the menu for a while. 

I often stop at them when going on holiday in the UK. 
  • Options
    Their Olympic breakfast was/is top drawer.👨‍🍳
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?
    I think you mean The Happy Eater which was similar.
  • Options
    Have the Wimpy bars closed yet.

How will people cope without a bender?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The drive thru in Charlton is packed at the moment.
  • Options
    Only needs KFC to do the same and im buggered !
  • Options
    Greggs closing
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    aChizz said:
    seth plum said:

Little Chef?
    I think you mean The Happy Eater which was similar.

No, that's @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    Burger King advert on telly just now. Maybe they will steal a march on McD's?
  • Options
    Traffic mayhem around crayford McDonald’s at 1730. I was trying to get to safestore next to screwfix. Between McDonald’s and a set of temporary traffic lights it was murder. A mile down the road and it was deserted. What the hell is the attraction of a cheap burger that would mean you sit in traffic for ages. I just don’t get it. World’s gone bonkers. 
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Well at least when this is all over the nation - especially the 'yoof' - will be at least a stone lighter!
    Gotta rely on Burger King and KFC following suit before making statements like that

Close those three and you stand a better chance of self-lockdown in some of the Medway Towns though

The yoot will still go out terrorising... 

Gangs of feral performing cyclists causing chaos in the middle of the road.

At least i don't have to teach em for a few weeks, months...
    Just wait till armed Tommy's are patrolling the streets, we'll see how 'brave' these little tossers are then,
  • Options
    Have the Wimpy bars closed yet.

How will people cope without a bender?
    Oooher matron!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone who lives in Welling, you are bloody lucky

As from tomorrow McDonalds are opening 15 restaurants for Uber Eats and Welling is one of those.

• Options
    Burger King is better than McDonalds 
  • Options
    home made burgers are even better
  • Options
    Opening more drive in restaurants next week!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Burgers are better in Burger King
    Chips are better in McDonalds

When I worked in Bromley occasionally I got just a Burger from Burger King, just Chips from McDonald's and just chicken from KFC

Best of all 3 worlds
    I am going to throw a spanner in the works (Not one of our resident ones)and say that I prefer Wimpy. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

When I worked in Bromley occasionally I got just a Burger from Burger King, just Chips from McDonald's and just chicken from KFC

Best of all 3 worlds
    Not a big fan of either but Burger King's chips are much better than McDonald's.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    se9addick said:

Best of all 3 worlds
    I am going to throw a spanner in the works (Not one of our resident ones)and say that I prefer Wimpy. 
    100% - Wimpy is (was) awesome. Back when I was a fat bastard and ate shite all the time I would go out of my way to go to the Wimpy in Purley (last one I can remember still being there, other than the ones at Clacket Lane and Norton Canes services) for a quattepounder with cheese and chips. Mint! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The CEO of McDonalds UK was born in Dartford and went to Wilmington Grammar