Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Renewals

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    I have a voice message asking for my card details to refund my £85. Annoyingly, I have changed bank accounts since I purchased. They've asked I call them back tomorrow.

Pretty sad really, now feeling a bit regretful asking the club I love for my money back. I do need it more than ESI though. 
    Sadly that’s probably not true
  • Options
    Its easy for me to say having not had a season ticket since we were in the Premier League (not fair-weather, just location issues!) but I am surprised anyone is considering renewing in the current circumstances, with regard to the ownership problems, the possibility of us going into administration or worse plus the COVID-19 issues. But I appreciate some people's loyalty. In the 90s I was one of the ten year VIP ticket holders, which were sold at an uncertain time as well.

Writing that has made me realise that in my time of supporting Charlton, we really have had some shit owners since the Gliksten days, with Alwen up until the spivs notable exceptions.
  • Options
    Wasn't going to renew anyway as there is a possibility that we may be relocating but there’s is no way on this earth I’d contemplate renewing given the ownership, price rise, league 1 again and the sheer basket case we have home one. There is blind loyalty and then there is just being reckless with your money. If I’m still here and if we still have a club to support that I don’t feel ashamed of I’ll pick and chose what games I go to. But right now I couldn’t care less. 
    I'm going to put my money on Park View, Welling. As long as its not Selhurst again.  
  • Options
    I just logged in to request the kids cash back, and noticed that under renewals you can either;

Yes I want to renew now, or
    Not sure, keep my seat for the time being.

Whats all that about? Can you reserve your seat for an indefinite period (or likely until we know when spectators will be allowed back in the ground).

• Options
    The answer can be found inside the lucky cheese sandwich.
  • Options
    Will I get some money back for my 20-21 ticket? Ha ha!
  • Options
    First time I have not renewed since our return to The Valley. I also put in a request for my £70 refund and got a call from the club this morning checking details of paying it back. I don't even trust the current lot to leave it sitting there. I may well renew but only when our ownership position is clearer and it is known when we can return to games. Relegation has not influenced my decision just those running the show. 
  • Options
    No season ticket for me until a decent owner is in place. The current crooks are getting nothing.
    This
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    First time I have not renewed since our return to The Valley. I also put in a request for my £70 refund and got a call from the club this morning checking details of paying it back. I don't even trust the current lot to leave it sitting there. I may well renew but only when our ownership position is clearer and it is known when we can return to games. Relegation has not influenced my decision just those running the show. 
    Don't expect that money any time soon. I had the same call just confirming the credit card details. When the money hadn't arrived after 10 days I called them, only to be told that the refund had been processed the day before.
    A week later still no sign of the credit so I called again to be told that I needed to send an email for it to be looked into by the Accounts Dept. Then received a call advising that the refund had been processed again. No apology or explanation!
    The refund was still not received so another telephone call ensued, where I was told that the money had bounced back to the club, as the credit card number was wrong. After I suggested that this was all just delay tactics they took the card details again and promised to process the refund immediately. Amazingly, it was received a few days later!
    What a farce to receive the princely sum of £54.
    They won't be getting any of my money for the foreseeable and certainly not before I am convinced that we are finally shot of this procession of Northern thieving muppets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was something strange about the call that didn't register at the time. The refund for my Hull away ticket would be put back on my debit card with immediate effect and £33 has already left my cafc account, but was advised the season ticket refund would take upto 5 working days, and the £37 currently remains in my cafc account. Not sure why both transactions couldn't be done at the same time? 
  • Options
    I don’t want to put any of my hard earned into the hands of those crooks so will be holding off on renewing our 4 tickets. Love the club and will be back in a flash once we have some positive news , although personally I think it may be some time before we see that. 
  • Options
    Requested £63 cash back in respect of season ticket yesterday. Had a call from the ticket office today advising they will credit the card I used to buy the season ticket if I could confirm details. I didn't have the card with me so have to phone the ticket office tomorrow morning.
    I won't be renewing with these crooks in charge and will probably pick and choose games next season when and if the ground is open. 
    Have to say in the current situation I'm amazed that people are renewing.

• Options
    Clarky said:
    Don't expect that money any time soon. I had the same call just confirming the credit card details. When the money hadn't arrived after 10 days I called them, only to be told that the refund had been processed the day before.
    A week later still no sign of the credit so I called again to be told that I needed to send an email for it to be looked into by the Accounts Dept. Then received a call advising that the refund had been processed again. No apology or explanation!
    The refund was still not received so another telephone call ensued, where I was told that the money had bounced back to the club, as the credit card number was wrong. After I suggested that this was all just delay tactics they took the card details again and promised to process the refund immediately. Amazingly, it was received a few days later!
    They won't be getting any of my money for the foreseeable and certainly not before I am convinced that we are finally shot of this procession of Northern thieving muppets. 
    That reminds me of a company I used to do contract work for. Exactly the same excuses and delaying tactics and finally an email telling me they'd gone into administration. We must be odds on to end up the same way.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    That reminds me of a company I used to do contract work for. Exactly the same excuses and delaying tactics and finally an email telling me they'd gone into administration. We must be odds on to end up the same way.
    Nothing would surprise me. It's all about them making a quid or two and nothing about the best interests of the club. 
  • Options
    Thing is we won’t walk in the ground before Xmas - so what’s the point in giving them money - I am on 20% pay reduction till October - and they increase the ticket by £50 
  • Options
    If the threatened second second wave materialises I think even a Christmas return may be unlikely unless a viable vaccine becomes generally available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sharp focus on our current misery in today's SLP. It's important to note that even if we'd stayed up, we still wouldn't be able to sign players. Not acceptable and not justifying purchasing a ST.
  • Options
    What League we are in makes no difference to me but I've finally had enough of what's going on at our great club.And with real sad heart this is the first year since 1980/81 season I won't have a season ticket. Have now completely lost heart and hope in it all!
  • Options
    ST holder since 1998 and don't see me renewing until these chancers have gone.

Not defending RD but he at least still provided a budget, a squad and contract renewals despite all his many faults.

I can't find any single justification to renew under this lot.

My ST is in K block in the Covered End Upper probably the only block in the whole ground with an actual risk of losing your ST but I am prepared to take that risk.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just rang up to get my CAFC cash back, told its a 2 week turn around due to the amount of people waiting. Told there's been zero issue with refunds and nobody has had to keep chasing up, also even if we go into administration everyone gets there money back... no idea how that works. 
  • Options
    Sorry typing error even thinking of getting season Ticket  
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Just rang up to get my CAFC cash back, told its a 2 week turn around due to the amount of people waiting. Told there's been zero issue with refunds and nobody has had to keep chasing up, also even if we go into administration everyone gets there money back... no idea how that works. 
    That is certainly a lie about nobody having to chase it up. I had to chase up my refund about 3 or 4 times over a month, being spun a different lie each time.
    Maybe you will have more luck, but I doubt it. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    That is certainly a lie about nobody having to chase it up. I had to chase up my refund about 3 or 4 times over a month, being spun a different lie each time.
    Maybe you will have more luck, but I doubt it. 
    Yeah i did day id read people have had issues and was told that wasn't the case.