Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Renewals

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I won't be renewing my three. Anyone who does is lining the pockets of crooks. You can have my bloody seats i don't want them. 
  • Options
    Anyone know what the renewal numbers are so far?

I'd genuinely be surprised if it's more than 1500.
    Apart from ESI and relegation, I imagine there will be a number of older supporters unable/unwilling to go due to Covid social distancing reasons as well
  • Options
    There will always be a couple of thousand that renew regardless, blind loyalty to the club as a whole and not taking owners, division, players, manager etc into account
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Apart from ESI and relegation, I imagine there will be a number of older supporters unable/unwilling to go due to Covid social distancing reasons as well
    That's where I am. Compulsory muzzles, no toilets and general hassle for something that's supposed to be a hobby holds little appeal regardless of anxiety about lining the pockets of Southall, Nimer etc.

In fact I wouldn't put it beyond them to ban over 65s completely under the cloak of COVID-19 so they don't need to offer concessions. Finish off what Meire started.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

That's where I am. Compulsory muzzles, no toilets and general hassle for something that's supposed to be a hobby holds little appeal regardless of anxity about lining the pockets of Southall, Nimer etc.

In fact I wouldn't put it beyond them to ban over 65s completely under the cloak of COVID-19 so they don't need to offer concessions. Finish off what Meire started.
    Zzzz still with that muzzle shite. 
  • Options
    I probably will renew but not yet. Who knows when we will be allowed to attend? I don't see there is a need to buy now or anytime soon. Whoever the owners are, I like going to watch the team (however bad they are) but there needs to be some clarity on quite a few things first. 
  • Options
    I'll renew, but not until the current lot get EFL approval.

Am I right in thinking that if you bought an ST now, and then we went into administration, you'd lose your money?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

That's where I am. Compulsory muzzles, no toilets and general hassle for something that's supposed to be a hobby holds little appeal regardless of anxity about lining the pockets of Southall, Nimer etc.

Fine if you want to wear one and, more importantly, can breathe wearing one.

I don't and can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    I don't think I'll renew. Besides the s*** show off the pitch, chances are we won't be allowed in the ground over winter. Maybe football will be cancelled again, and I don't really want the club holding over £300 'CAFC Cash' of mine when I need that money more. Might put in a request today for my leftover credit.

Then if we get owners I like, I can purchase one and I'm no worse off.
    How do we request our CAFC cash back?
  • Options
    I've still got £76 of CAFC cash that I was going to use on renewing when the current shit show was resolved.

I'm now going to ask for a refund, but there is no information on how to do that on the OS. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I've still got £76 of CAFC cash that I was going to use on renewing when the current shit show was resolved.

I'm now going to ask for a refund, but there is no information on how to do that on the OS. Any ideas?
    I wouldn’t hold your breath on that refund 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

I don't and can't.
    Use a face shield then. Nobody wants your germs thanks.
    I went to Sainsbury's Orpington at about 7 45 this morning. 
    Not a single Sainsbury worker was wearing one.
    Out of about 25 -30 customers I only saw one person wearing a mask.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Addickted said:

fill out this form, somebody will be in contact. I had a bit of a hiccup with mine initially but was promptly sorted out after:

https://r1.dotmailer-surveys.com/fc4w9v47-074przae

which I got from this page, coincidentally the link is at the very bottom of the article, almost hidden in between an ad banner and the last video of the article:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-season-tickets/how-to-use-cafc-cash-to-access-streaming-refunds-or-season-tickets
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

I don't and can't.
    No i don't want to wear one, but that's the advice to keep others healthy. If you have breathing issues so bad that you can't wear a mask, youre probably better off staying home and not risking other people's health.. thats for another thread though.
    I can breathe perfectly well without one and, when free of arthritis, can walk 3 miles in 45 minutes. 

The muzzle causes the problem not my health.
  • Options
    Would like to renew but am concerned about who will get the money the club or ESI in which ever guise it exists
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

I don't and can't.
    No i don't want to wear one, but that's the advice to keep others healthy. If you have breathing issues so bad that you can't wear a mask, youre probably better off staying home and not risking other people's health.. thats for another thread though.
    I can breathe perfectly well without one and, when free of arthritis, can walk 3 miles in 45 minutes. 

Ah of course, you have to be different and the only person that has that issue, luckily medical professionals don't have that same issue or we'd all be fucked.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I would get in quick or you might end up getting a penny in the pound.

Personally I think you go two Bob Hope and ......
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Ring them up, my son did.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

I don't and can't.
    Use a face shield then. Nobody wants your germs thanks.
    I went to Sainsbury's Orpington at about 7 45 this morning. 
    Not a single Sainsbury worker was wearing one.
    Out of about 25 -30 customers I only saw one person wearing a mask.
    The ruling starts tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    LenGlover said:

I don't and can't.

Ah of course, you have to be different and the only person that has that issue, luckily medical professionals don't have that same issue or we'd all be fucked.
    Compulsory muzzle wearing is a political decision not a clinical one.

A few months ago Whitty, Harries et al were saying that muzzle wearing could increase the chances of catching COVID -19.

The about turn is a political face saving exercise as the politicians of all colours (look at Khan and London) have ballsed it up so much plus the added bonus of a bit of State authoritarianism of course.

I'll stop now because we are in danger of wandering into House of Commoners territory.

You believe in muzzles I don't. In a free country we are both entitled to our opinion.

• Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2020
    You’ll get the run around, at least I have, kept getting emails saying I needed to give them my credit card details. Called them 4 different times with the details, still haven’t received it.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Addickted said:

@Croydon as well - near the bottom here there's a link https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ee69d3279437/information-on-how-fans-can-access-money-they-are-owed-for-streaming-refunds-or-season-tickets?utm_campaign=593390_Copy of 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders - How to use your CAFC Cash v2 16.06.2020 12:00:19&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd&dm_i=4W9V,CPV2,3F92VN,1FML1,1

That's from the email on 16/6, it's either very well hidden or had its links removed on the official site.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ticket office shut on Thursdays, thats good timing.. tried calling to get my cash back. Thought they may have opened today for the rush of seaso  ticket buyers before the new season in 2 months

• Options
    They obviously planned to keep the 'Charlton cash' from the off in my opinion.

The impossibility of navigating the website to use it, the spiteful little administration charge.

@Bournemouth Addick is the man to tell us. Is it worth going direct to Trading Standards given the obstructive nature of the Club in returning this money?