Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** David Davis signs on loan from Birmingham ***

Comments

• Options
    28 and has a year left on his Bham contract at the end of the season
  • Options
    For the type of player he is. 28 is a perfect age. It won’t be about pace but all about reading of the game, strength and commitment. Davis could really be an important player for us. 
  • Options
    Saw Birmingham on the box a couple of years back. Davis played on the right hand side of a diamond midfield, and was excellent. Box to box, battled, he may have even scored.

I've not seen him play this season, so maybe he has played more defensively, but he was definitely capable of getting up and down.

Considering he's only 28, I certainly don't see him coming in as just an option to anchor the midfield.
  • Options
    I don't think he'll be an alternative to Pratley, we have Field for that. See him playing alongside Cullen. Looking forward to seeing it. 
  • Options
    Did he play against us earlier this season? They were a horrible, dirty, time wasting, cheating bunch of foulers, but they got the 3pts. Exactly what we need at the moment, but sounds like this lad can play a bit too. Looking forward to seeing him in action.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Did he play against us earlier this season? They were a horrible, dirty, time wasting, cheating bunch of foulers, but they got the 3pts. Exactly what we need at the moment, but sounds like this lad can play a bit too. Looking forward to seeing him in action.
    Yes, he played the full 90
  • Options
    I thought Jacko  was first team coach??
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I thought Jacko  was first team coach??
    Assistant manager
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    Saw Birmingham on the box a couple of years back. Davis played on the right hand side of a diamond midfield, and was excellent. Box to box, battled, he may have even scored.

I've not seen him play this season, so maybe he has played more defensively, but he was definitely capable of getting up and down.

Considering he's only 28, I certainly don't see him coming in as just an option to anchor the midfield.
    Older than I thought... For some reason thought he was 22 / 24 years of age
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Older than I thought... For some reason thought he was 22 / 24 years of age
    I thought he was older than 28!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he's 29 next month. Rarely scores but typically I recall him scoring a late equaliser at the valley about 4/5 years back
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ross said:
    IF we can get him on a permanent in the summer he will be Pratley's replacement, although I'd still keep Pratley in and around the team.
    Chuck him on the coaching staff... As a player/coach. 

He's still going to be good (& fit) enough over the next season at least. 
    where on the coaching staff would you put him?
    First team coach? For whatever reason Bowyer doesn’t have one
    Of course he does.  They'll be travelling to Stoke in it.

• Options
    One of the midfielders keeping him out the Birmingham starting 11 has gone off injured tonight on 15min. Let's hope our injury vodoo has jumped ship!! 
  • Options
    He looks bloody short to me.
    5ft8 i think i read somewhere...
    so like makelele then! 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ross said:
    IF we can get him on a permanent in the summer he will be Pratley's replacement, although I'd still keep Pratley in and around the team.
    Chuck him on the coaching staff... As a player/coach. 

He's still going to be good (& fit) enough over the next season at least. 
    where on the coaching staff would you put him?
    First team coach? For whatever reason Bowyer doesn’t have one
    I think the reason, as ever, was Duchâtelet and his ridiculous penny pinching.

Doesn't Marshall effectively fill the role of first team coach, though? I know he's the goalkeeping coach, but he's certainly very involved on the touchline, and seems to give instructions to outfield players as well as the goalkeeper.
  • Options
    Agree on Marshall and the penny pinching.

More coaches, more scouts, more physios, more analysts needed.  All can help make those marginal improvements.
  • Options
    Our new Keith Jones? What a player he was for us.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Our new Keith Jones? What a player he was for us.
    Keith Jones had longest arms I've ever seen in my life.
  • Options
    Agree on Marshall and the penny pinching.

More coaches, more scouts, more physios, more analysts needed.  All can help make those marginal improvements.
    I’m available :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, Grant Basey has the role of First Team Development Coach. 
  • Options
    He seems like a nice, intelligent & articulate man.
  • Options
    Like the sound of him. Describes himself as box to box which suggests he's not a Pratley alternative. Think him, Pratley, Cullen and Williams should work well. 
  • Options
    Interesting that it came about really late, I assume we relied on the Birmingham medical team as he didn't come down to London
  • Options
    Sounds genuinely happy to be with us.
  • Options
    Finally got round to asking my mate (Blues fan) what he thought. He wasn't over-impressed, said he had a 'good engine' 'runs around alot' and 'gets stuck in'.

However gives the ball away one hell of a lot, stray passes/caught in posession apparently.

We definitely need a midfielder that gets stuck in so that has to be a positive.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Finally got round to asking my mate (Blues fan) what he thought. He wasn't over-impressed, said he had a 'good engine' 'runs around alot' and 'gets stuck in'.

However gives the ball away one hell of a lot, stray passes/caught in posession apparently.

We definitely need a midfielder that gets stuck in so that has to be a positive.
    My Blues' mate said the same thing. A massive trier who isn't much good with the ball. We'll see....he could be wrong. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:

I'm happy to have him in our squad as we needed someone else who can do the dirty stuff

To me he's a short term solution, which is to keep us up this season.