Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** David Davis signs on loan from Birmingham ***

Comments

• 7 minute video with MS on cafc Twitter now.
  • Was told earlier on here our loan quota was done. 
    Yeah its really surprised me... You can have five in a matchday squad yet six in total (I think thats the absolute limit)

I certainly never expected Bowyer to go beyond five with how he stresses about having good relations with the parent clubs

Unless after Chelsea's behaviour his new approach is: "f**k 'em"
    No limit on loan signings only 5 in match day squad... But this is probably incorrect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/championship-loan-rules-explained-how-3038186.amp

• mart77 said:
    I wonder when he actually signed...

Unless its just the floodlights, that looks like it happened during the day?

He’s in his Birmingham kit in that pic so I expect this was from our game against them in September 
    Was about to post the same.
  • Looks mustard as far as the Brum comments go. Good for us, our midfield is bow edging brilliant. And with Lyle, Hemed, Bonne, Chucks fit and now able to switch to play 1 or 2 up front with Taylor being the 1 or part of 2, seems good..

let’s win tomorrow 😱
  • From a Birmingham fan:

“Massively disappointed to see him leave. Battler and winning mentality. So good on his day, unfortunately for him couldn’t get in over Sunjic and Bellingham. You guys will love him”
    Surprised Bellingham is still there, weren't Man U meant to be after him?
  • I wonder when he actually signed...

Must have been really sunny in SE7 today if it’s not under the floodlights...😎
  • mart77 said:

He’s in his Birmingham kit in that pic so I expect this was from our game against them in September 
    Especially as the sun wasnt out today. That shadow looks like it was done on a bright day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great signing IMO.
    What do you know Callum?

Has he not been getting game time at Birmingham?
    No idea why Birmingham have let him go. This has a touch of a reverse Michael Morrison about it.

He’s everywhere on the pitch whenever I’ve seen him play. Got a bit of Pratley about him but is also more well rounded technically too. 

Obviously not as talented as Conor but I imagine he will play the “Gallagher role” and what he lacks in star quality he will make up for in sheer hard graft.
    That's a good analogy. 

Loaning a player to a side near you in the table seems odd, it would be like us loaning Jason Pearce to Barnsley
    Or maybe not :-)
  • He is a decent signing but it begs the question why Smith? 
    Midfield or lack of it is what has cost us last few months. Cullen, field, Williams, oz, aneke all going to need to be managed having smith and Davis helps that and hopefully ensures we don't have to use vennings and Dempsey who are not ready yet 
    Send Dempsey back to Non-League (no rush), Vennings back to the U23s (can go to Non-League next season)

Morgan and Doughty can remain at the club and add depth to the Midfield along with Lapslie
    Given how many midfielders we have, I wish we'd sent Dempsey and Morgan  on loan to a EFL club. Still have:
    Pratley 
    Cullen 
    JFC 
    Davis 
    Williams 
    Lapslie 
    Field 
    Smith

All can play as 8s. About half can play as 6s. Then still have as 10s:
    Aneke 
    Oztumer 
    McGeady
    Williams (appears in both lists)

That's a lot of midfielders. Not a bad thing. Just wish we'd used this chance to let Dempsey and particularly Morgan get more experience. Both look to have decent potential, Morgan in particular. 
    Smith is a big name.
    No it’s not, it’s only got 5 letters
    Genuinely gutted you beat me to this joke and not proud of that fact. 
  • SDAddick said:
    He is a decent signing but it begs the question why Smith? 
    Midfield or lack of it is what has cost us last few months. Cullen, field, Williams, oz, aneke all going to need to be managed having smith and Davis helps that and hopefully ensures we don't have to use vennings and Dempsey who are not ready yet 
    Send Dempsey back to Non-League (no rush), Vennings back to the U23s (can go to Non-League next season)

Morgan and Doughty can remain at the club and add depth to the Midfield along with Lapslie
    Given how many midfielders we have, I wish we'd sent Dempsey and Morgan  on loan to a EFL club. Still have:
    Pratley 
    Cullen 
    JFC 
    Davis 
    Williams 
    Lapslie 
    Field 
    Smith

All can play as 8s. About half can play as 6s. Then still have as 10s:
    Aneke 
    Oztumer 
    McGeady
    Williams (appears in both lists)

That's a lot of midfielders. Not a bad thing. Just wish we'd used this chance to let Dempsey and particularly Morgan get more experience. Both look to have decent potential, Morgan in particular. 
    Who knows - with our injury record it might be an idea to keep them both here. The people coming back still aren't fully fit.

Also may be chance Bowyer might be thinking about switching to a 451 (4-2-3-1) with the numbers we have?
    A couple in to get us out of trouble and one for the future perhaps??
  • From a Birmingham fan:

“Massively disappointed to see him leave. Battler and winning mentality. So good on his day, unfortunately for him couldn’t get in over Sunjic and Bellingham. You guys will love him”
    Surprised Bellingham is still there, weren't Man U meant to be after him?
    They are but given his age, no real need to go for him now. Think he'll go in the summer.
  • edited February 2020
    Supporters Player of the Season 2016/17 montage video:

• Sponsored links:

• Solid loan signing who should help steer the good ship .
    One of the tweets above saying he couldn’t get in their team due to Bellingham and Sunjic , the reason he is here is probably because  he wants to be playing and deffo has a touch of the Morrison deal about it except of course ours is a poxy loan as usual 
  • Very pleased with this one. Our best signing of the window! 

Baffled as to why Brum have let him go. I hope we have an option to buy. 
    An indicator of desperation to lighten the wage bill and having to take any opportunity in the last chance saloon of deadline day ? 
  • Solid loan signing who should help steer the good ship .
    One of the tweets above saying he couldn’t get in their team due to Bellingham and Sunjic , the reason he is here is probably because  he wants to be playing and deffo has a touch of the Morrison deal about it except of course ours is a poxy loan as usual 
    Morrison’s move to them started as a loan.
  • I wonder when he actually signed...

Considering it's a B/W photo, it could have happened any time before 1907.
    I think it's a great signing: a Prately Deluxe.
  • edited February 2020
    Redskin said:

Considering it's a B/W photo, it could have happened any time before 1907.
    I think it's a great signing: a Prately Deluxe.
    People are wearing t shirts in the background - I reckon that’s from visiting with Birmingham a while ago. It looks like bright sunlight - wonder if we played them at the Valley in warmer weather?

edit - yep that’s him walking out in Sept 2019
  • This signing gives us the CB back-up we were after. Now Pratley can fill in at CB and Davis play the defensive midfield role. Very clever! In Bowyer we trust!