Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** David Davis signs on loan from Birmingham ***

Comments

• mart77 said:
    I wonder when he actually signed...

Unless its just the floodlights, that looks like it happened during the day?

He’s in his Birmingham kit in that pic so I expect this was from our game against them in September 
    Especially as the sun wasnt out today. That shadow looks like it was done on a bright day.
    Surely this is from match day. Supporters flag in background and he is wearing his clubs’tracksuit 
  • I'd like to express my solidarity with The Brummie fans.  Quite ridiculous. :smile:

• Puzzling decision by Brum. Happy to benefit though.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Puzzling decision by Brum. Happy to benefit though.
    It’s payback for our weird decision to gift them Michael Morrison a few years ago!

• If the Friday "Would ya?" ever comes back, I think I might nominate Kels...
    Think you have misunderstood the rules of a 'would ya'. That's a why wouldn't ya'.
  • welcome David and all the best in your time with CAFC
  • Another midfielder

thoughts?
    another midfielder .. mmm .. suggests to me that the previous signings have proved to be total failures and that there will be a big clear out in the summer .. I'll mention no names
  • Sponsored links:

• Another midfielder

thoughts?
    another midfielder .. mmm .. suggests to me that the previous signings have proved to be total failures and that there will be a big clear out in the summer .. I'll mention no names
    I agree some will likely go in the summer, they were the best we could get with our budget at the time.

However we’ve brought midfielders in because Gallagher and Kayal needed replacing. We couldn’t risk having to play Morgan and in particular Dempsey and Vennings as much as we have done.
  • Scoham said:
    Davis will give Pratley competition and allow us to rest either of them.
    They'll be able rotate when one or the other is suspended.

• The more i read about this guy the more i'm excited to see him play.

It looks like he can just sit in front of the defence which will allow Cullen more freedom to play a bit.

He's got the potential to be a great signing for us.
    I do like the idea of being able to see Cullen given the freedom to roam forwards a little more like in the Reading away game. 

He has a knack of being able to see and dribble the ball into spaces other players can't. 
  • I think he's going to be our new age Semedo. 

Win the ball back, pass it to defence or sideways. DO NOT PLAY IT FORWARDS.

Powerful, tenacious tackling type of player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Ross said:
    IF we can get him on a permanent in the summer he will be Pratley's replacement, although I'd still keep Pratley in and around the team.
    Chuck him on the coaching staff... As a player/coach. 

He's still going to be good (& fit) enough over the next season at least. 
  • Not sure where this leaves Deji.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure where this leaves Deji.

RB and CB were his original positions when he joined, but forced into CM when we were short.

Now with Matthews in as well as Solly RB is covered. Is he good enough for CB? Will he want to be 4th choice?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Ross said:
    IF we can get him on a permanent in the summer he will be Pratley's replacement, although I'd still keep Pratley in and around the team.

where on the coaching staff would you put him?
  • Ross said:
    Dazzler21 said:

RB and CB were his original positions when he joined, but forced into CM when we were short.

Now with Matthews in as well as Solly RB is covered. Is he good enough for CB? Will he want to be 4th choice?

4th choice CB but second choice right side CB?
  • If he turns out to be Pratley's younger brother / distant cousin i will be happy!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He's not a midfielder no issue with that. Still think he has a part to play, and certainly will if anything happens to Lockyer. 
  • Ross said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't think he has been worse than Pearce or Sarr this season. If he was left footed he would have got more game time this season. Had had a couple of good games at CB and I certainly wouldn't be overly worried if he started. That being said, he isn't as good as Lockyer. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ross said:

where on the coaching staff would you put him?
    First team coach? For whatever reason Bowyer doesn’t have one
  • He looks bloody short to me.