Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** David Davis signs on loan from Birmingham ***

Comments

• Think Davis is the Gallagher replacement.
  • Real big shame that Davis cant play tomorrow... He'd have been excellent for this sort of fixture!!
  • He is a decent signing but it begs the question why Smith? 
  • I give him Seven Days. 
    ??

What do you mean Phil?
  • Sponsored links:

Because injuries. Yes we have people coming back but LB clearly doesn't want to be vulnerable to another bad patch of unlucky injuries again. Rotation and rest means none of them are in Gallagher/Pratley position of HAVING your play through there being no choice.
  • Fuck me, they are going mental... What on earth has gone on there! 
    Midfield or lack of it is what has cost us last few months. Cullen, field, Williams, oz, aneke all going to need to be managed having smith and Davis helps that and hopefully ensures we don't have to use vennings and Dempsey who are not ready yet 
    Send Dempsey back to Non-League (no rush), Vennings back to the U23s (can go to Non-League next season)

Morgan and Doughty can remain at the club and add depth to the Midfield along with Lapslie
  • aliwibble said:
    Been in the pub and got him confused with Craig David?
    I thought it was the guy who presented World of Sport!
  • Rate Davis. Always been impressed with him!
    Smith is a big name.
  • Sponsored links:

• What .... no pic of Davis with Scarfy?

#letdownagain#

• What happened to the supa dupa deal?
    Said it on the Transfers thread but wonder if we wanted Davis as a permanent signing

Wasnt the time to do a deal so both clubs settled

Be interesting to now hear Gallen's thoughts on each of the players brought in
    Seriously ? What do you think he's going to say ? We scraped the bottom of the barrell cause ESI have no money or we're delighted to get on board some very good players who want to play for Charlton. You can bet your life these aren't the players LB & SG originally wanted
    They've wanted David Davis for ages, have seen his name linked countless times

Aiden McGeady is another who Bowyer showed his appreciation for when we played Sunderland on Questr

Andre Green we wanted in the summer

Even Matt Smith was apparently linked in the summer!!
    Well yes I understand they wanted green in the summer because we had to set our standards low because of the low budget & still the Belgian said no, I've not heard of any links to the others though of course it doesn't mean there hasn't been but if we were so keen on davis for instance why was it a last minute signing ? Seems to me a case of we can't get anyone else how about Davis. Why were Brum so keen to let him go ? This isn't a dig at LB or SG by the way, where would we be without them but why ESI have taken over the football club when they don't appear to have the financial backing to run a championship football club. With all this childish tweeting going on it's like a fucking American bachelor party have taken us over & on Monday when their hangover has worn off they'll hand the club back to the Belgian 
    Smith is a big name.
    No it’s not, it’s only got 5 letters
  • Was told earlier on here our loan quota was done. 
  • Great signing IMO.
    What do you know Callum?

Has he not been getting game time at Birmingham?
    No idea why Birmingham have let him go. This has a touch of a reverse Michael Morrison about it.

He’s everywhere on the pitch whenever I’ve seen him play. Got a bit of Pratley about him but is also more well rounded technically too. 

Obviously not as talented as Conor but I imagine he will play the “Gallagher role” and what he lacks in star quality he will make up for in sheer hard graft.
    That's a good analogy. 

Loaning a player to a side near you in the table seems odd, it would be like us loaning Jason Pearce to Barnsley
  • I wonder when he actually signed...

Unless its just the floodlights, that looks like it happened during the day?

Looks like a Birmingham tracksuit he has on to be fair.