Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon interested in buying Dinamo Bucharest?

Comments

• Options
    Is there a network out there that has done well or anywhere near as well as an eggs in one basket set up?  

I can't think of one and wouldn't class Watford as the obvious one as anything to admire.

If you want to own my club we should be good enough alone  and more than enough to put your focus, resources and energies into ...rather than another investment in a portfolio of mediocrity.
    Man City? - They've got Melbourne City and New York City amongst their portfolio

RB Leipzig | RB Salzburg | RB New York seem to be doing alright too

To be honest apart from them and Watford I dont know of too many networks out there - The two I mainly remember are when Man Utd used to send their kids to Royal Antwerp and Arsenal had that link with Germinal Beerschot who they used to get work permits but those are more similar to the links we had with Inter Milan and Valencia (i.e. the clubs werent each owned by the same person)
  • Options
    Is there a network out there that has done well or anywhere near as well as an eggs in one basket set up?  

I can't think of one and wouldn't class Watford as the obvious one as anything to admire.

If you want to own my club we should be good enough alone  and more than enough to put your focus, resources and energies into ...rather than another investment in a portfolio of mediocrity.
    Man City? - They've got Melbourne City and New York City amongst their portfolio

RB Leipzig | RB Salzburg | RB New York seem to be doing alright too

To be honest apart from them and Watford I dont know of too many networks out there - The two I mainly remember are when Man Utd used to send their kids to Royal Antwerp and Arsenal had that link with Germinal Beerschot who they used to get work permits but those are more similar to the links we had with Inter Milan and Valencia (i.e. the clubs werent each owned by the same person)
    I kind of agree with you, but in the case of the RB empire, each of the individual clubs has benefitted from investment that other clubs in that country could only dream of. That is why RB Leipzig are universally hated in Germany, because that investment was done on the sly.
  • Options
    The Red Bull franchise is gross.  
  • Options
    The Red Bull franchise is gross.  
    Yeah tastes awful!!
  • Options
    Chill guys , nothing new so far.
    Tahnoon is in Bucharest but i still don’t trust this guys. 
    Right know we are in deep shit , we just lost another game 20 minutes ago , and we are in danger to relegate in second division.
    the supporters just purchased 10% from our Roland , but the situation is desperate.

i don’t trust this guys at all, I’ve told you this already and till now it seems that i am right.

• Options
    Cosmin said:
    Right know we are in deep shit , we just lost another game 20 minutes ago , and we are in danger to relegate in second division.
    the supporters just purchased 10% from our Roland , but the situation is desperate.

i don’t trust this guys at all, I’ve told you this already and till now it seems that i am right.

So at the end of the season, Tahnoon could own 2 teams, one in the Romanian second division & one in the English third division - with luck like that etc 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Cosmin said:

So at the end of the season, Tahnoon could own 2 teams, one in the Romanian second division & one in the English third division - with luck like that etc 
    I don’t think he owns anything at this moment. It sounds like a conspiracy, but i think this guy is a fraud.
    time will tell.

i don’t think that we are going to relegate , it will be the first time in our history...we only played in the first division. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I will be commenting more fully on the nature of events in the next few days through other threads but some of you need to calm down. Social media has become a tool for unwarranted panic.

As far as I can determine ABDB is the name in the frame for the Romanian investment.

ABDB as a separate entity has no financial interest in Charlton Athletic Football Club.

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer has a day job.

He is Chairman of ABDB.

As I said I will try to add some perspective to the churn that has recently evolved in the coming days. It will likely be lengthy, detailed and I will give you no more guarantees about our future than anyone else but the hysteria serves absolutely no one.

Some of you however need to take a serious look at yourselves, at the history of this club and your expectations in relation to todays Professional Football Industry. Just how many times do we have to travel the same loop before it registers.

This industry stopped being a corner shop enterprise zone decades ago.

No one but no one turns round a business which has been in decline for over a decade, unless the slate has been swiped clean through administration, in a matter of weeks.

To get this right is going to take the long strategic planning and investment of which the club has been completely devoid for far, far too long, certainly considerably longer than 10 weeks.

A bientot       

Thanks Matt.
  • Options

I am sorry to shout but what do you not understand?

HOW DOES AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CORPORATE ENTITY BUYING INTO A ROMANIAN FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB.

HETahnoon Nimer has a duty as a Director and beneficial owner to serve the interests of Charlton Athletic Football Club.

HE Tahnoon Nimer has a duty as Chairman of ABDB to serve its interests in representing that organisation in the pursuit of its investment targets.

One is a personal professional commitment the other is a professional professional commitment.

I was under the impression when ESI were asked about this rumour in January they advised they could not comment  as they had no connection to ABDB. Do you understand those words?

So it is neither bonkers or a pisstake.

It is standard friggin practice.

Working Retail and Corporate Banking where a client has his Business and Personal Accounts you have two entirely different conversations.

When talking about the Business the focus is on the banks services to and the individuals duty and performance in serving that Business. Their personal interests in both areas are entirely secondary.

If they wish to discuss their personal financial requirements it is an entirely different conversation.

You and they would conflate the two at your peril because all too often there is a danger of creating a conflict of interest which will serve no one.

Now IF HE has misled ESI and us you have a valid argument but you have no evidence such is the case.

When will this never ending rush to judgement without the facts ever end. It is reckless and counter productive.

The name might be different but it’s the same people / person involved, not very difficult to see why that’s concerning with everything they have / haven’t done at Charlton already.
  • Options

HP I frankly would expect better from you. Is that the best you can offer? Dispute one word I have said as not being factual.

CB - Talk about conflating issues - what precisely has the actions or non actions undertaken by ESI during the transfer window have to do with ABDB?

THEY ARE DIFFERENT BUSINESSES WITH A DIFFERENT BENEFICIAL OWNER.

I will happily discuss the merits or other wise of the ESI performance within the January transfer window when I can find the time indeed if you look back to my comments in January you will see my clear aspirations in the matter. It has absolutely fuck all to do with ABDB.

Where is there one line in any documentation financially linking ABDB to ESI? If you can find one you had better send it to the EFL because I am pretty certain ESI in submitting their credentials to the EFL made clear no such link existed.

Who knows they could revoke the ESI licence and then lets see where that leaves us?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

HP I frankly would expect better from you. Is that the best you can offer? Dispute one word I have said as not being factual.

CB - Talk about conflating issues - what precisely has the actions or non actions undertaken by ESI during the transfer window have to do with ABDB?

THEY ARE DIFFERENT BUSINESSES WITH A DIFFERENT BENEFICIAL OWNER.

I will happily discuss the merits or other wise of the ESI performance within the January transfer window when I can find the time indeed if you look back to my comments in January you will see my clear aspirations in the matter. It has absolutely fuck all to do with ABDB.

Where is there one line in any documentation financially linking ABDB to ESI? If you can find one you had better send it to the EFL because I am pretty certain ESI in submitting their credentials to the EFL made clear no such link existed.

Who knows they could revoke the ESI licence and then lets see where that leaves us?

But they both have Tahoon involved, of course their is a link. 
  • Options
    Two separate things ABDB are loaded and can afford to buy The Valley
    HE Tahnoon Nimer is skint in comparison and is seeking investment from others to be able to buy The Valley 
  • Options
    Just to confirm there is no ABDB

But there is ADBD.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    @Grapevine49For once I don't agree with you. This isn't a corporate investigation.  You ask what on earth ABDB buying Dinamo has to do with ESI buying Charlton? The answer is Tahnoon Nimer, who will be the final decision maker behind two clubs and responsible for funding decisions. I don't think people much care if the corporate world views them technically separate entities. He is the man behind them both.
    Exactly this.

How Grapevine can go off on one protesting there's no link and they're completely separate is beyond me. Nimer is involved in ESI, Nimer is involved in ADBD. 

There's your link, end of story.
  • Options
    Understand @Grapevine49's comparison between HE's private investment (CAFC) and his professional investments for ADBD.

However, my concern is that we were led to believe that HE had the full backing of ADBD to assist in driving forward his aspirations for CAFC - so there is a direct link between his private and professional investments.
  • Options
    So where we sit today has precious little to do with the past 12 weeks it has every thing to do with the past 12yrs.”

Fully agreed @Grapevine49
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Understand @Grapevine49's comparison between HE's private investment (CAFC) and his professional investments for ADBD.

However, my concern is that we were led to believe that HE had the full backing of ADBD to assist in driving forward his aspirations for CAFC - so there is a direct link between his private and professional investments.
    Led to believe by who? Or did we all assume it?

• Options
    So they’ve taken on Charlton without investors in place , well fingers crossed these mug punters want to come in and “invest” in the good shitship Charlton