Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon interested in buying Dinamo Bucharest?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Clubs like Dinamo Bucharest or Standard Liege for that matter might have bigger world football profiles than Charlton Athletic because of their perennial involvement in European competitions but it’s the Premier League where the big bucks are. In any “network” or single ownership pyramid of clubs having the ability to reach the PL will always make that club the most likely focus for investment. 

Edit : The exit of the UK from the EU will severely hamper the ability of British clubs to get non international players from other European countries. Makes the network idea much harder to work to the point of why bother.
    Calm. Brexit has virtually killed the potential for British clubs to sign from Europe unless they are top level players and vice versa
    I’m not sure, I believe there are potentially exemptions for football players from the EU being considered. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Calm. Brexit has virtually killed the potential for British clubs to sign from Europe unless they are top level players and vice versa
    Haha give it a rest 
    A fact nonetheless 
  • Options
    Saw that sports item earlier. Not clear at all why he'd want to buy Dinamo; a poorly run club, potential relegation fodder, ramshackle, rundown Communist era stadium and seriously dubious finances going back through a variety of 'dodgy' owners over many years. To the best of my knowledge there is also no League oversight whatsoever here on the club purchases, finances etc. Charlton and Dinamo would currently be complete polar opposites by any measure.
  • Options
    se9addick said:m
    Clubs like Dinamo Bucharest or Standard Liege for that matter might have bigger world football profiles than Charlton Athletic because of their perennial involvement in European competitions but it’s the Premier League where the big bucks are. In any “network” or single ownership pyramid of clubs having the ability to reach the PL will always make that club the most likely focus for investment. 

Edit : The exit of the UK from the EU will severely hamper the ability of British clubs to get non international players from other European countries. Makes the network idea much harder to work to the point of why bother.
    I’m not sure, I believe there are potentially exemptions for football players from the EU being considered. 
    How many points would a journeyman footballer score in our Australian style points immigration system ? 
  • Options
    Keep to topic please, twice today Charlton threads have been re-routed with Millwall stuff. No more please
    Apologies. Not sure it warrants the deletion of a small number of harmless posts, but each to their own.
    Afka is a bit ott when it comes to that, bog down the forum with thread after thread after thread on rate my plates that's ok, but a couple of comments go of topic and he quickly deletes(yet he has gone of topic a number of times but obviously he is moderator so that's allowed lol)

@Big_Bad_World is a good lad.  A lot of us love him on here.
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz how many would have come under Corbyns tax bollox
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz how many would have come under Corbyns tax bollox
    Not sure if this is directed at my post but I’m not trying to make a political point. All I’m saying is that after the UK leaves the EU that footballers from the EU will need to satisfy our new immigration requirements just like footballers from outside the EU currently do. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    se9addick said:m

How many points would a journeyman footballer score in our Australian style points immigration system ? 
    If he had an exemption it wouldn’t matter...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Well quite but I can’t see anywhere where an exemption is officially being considered. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It hasn’t. It’s about foreign nationals who are footballers.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, @Cosmin, that's great. I was going to ask you about the TV money, but thought it was a bit too much for one question, so that really helps.

You've made a really interesting point with those figures. Everyone goes on about the FAPL being where the money is, well yes there is lots of money, but until recently very few clubs were actually profitable. In the (so-called) Championship no club is profitable. One of he reasons is that the costs are so high. FCSB is running on the same cost budget as AFC Wimbledon in League One!!! But AFCW don't get anything like that TV money, and they certainly won't get into the Europa League!! 

So what your figures show, is what I suspected. One might more easily make a profitable club of  Dinamo than of Charlton. But the lure of the FAPL is what brings them all here, the huge turnover, and nowadays profit, because there is so much TV money you have to be a massive idiot not to turn a profit. And of course the global stage, which i am sure is particularly what attracts Middle Eastern buyers.

Well, I guess it will become clearer soon about him and Dinamo.

Here's another question. If it is bullshit, who might be spreading the story? Do you think that woman could be behind it? What would she or anyone hope to gain by doing so? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Let’s hope the Guardian dig out some more info, or any mainstream media.
    Or failing that, Rich Crawley, who seems to be, you know, actually active.
  • Options
    Be careful 

Make sure you keep on topic and talk about Tahnoon buying Dinamo or daddy will come along and remove comments and spank our bum bums again
  • Options
    Be careful 

Make sure you keep on topic and talk about Tahnoon buying Dinamo or daddy will come along and remove comments and spank our bum bums again
    I'll be gutted Paulie if my 4 lols have been expunged for comparing your excellent post to a maximum 147 break. Gutted I tell thee! 😉
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @PragueAddick , I don’t know who and what might gain from this story. There was many dodgy buyers for Dinamo in the last couple of years...but they were so obviously fake that we spotted them. This time we thought that is another fake news about our team. Last year was another discussion about an EAU investment fund who wanted to buy Dinamo but it never came to reality.
    now they are saying this is the same Investement Fund that tried to buy the club but after negotiations failed they’ve buyed Charlton.
    I don’t know why they are involved in this with this shady guy , Florica , it’s a little dubious. But maybe I don’t see the bigger picture.

if they invest wisely they will make good money. but right know Dinamo needs a lot of money...
    and to be honest I don’t have faith in this Investment Funds from Saudi or Emirates...they don’t care about our teams and if the things don’t work they don’t give a shit,is just business for them.
    like a factory or a store , if it dosent make money they close it and move on.
    i am really afraid of this scenario 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @PragueAddick, i hope everything will be ok for our teams , and we gone meet every year to play a friendly game :)
    we like to think that they are buying for our beautiful supporters , and i will let you a link or two if is not a big problem :  https://youtu.be/UR_lORQ8R0M  or  https://youtu.be/COO-2oW2-5g 
    Not the best videos , but you will make an idea.

i know that is just a business for them , but i hope they know that this is our passion and they will treat it with care. :)
  • Options
    @Cosmin I’m loving that but sadly not quite as good as “CAFC, CAFC” 😄
  • Options
    Be careful 

Some on here get off on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Cosmin that is pretty impressive. George T. on the bench for that one, I see.  I guess that is the national stadium - and it looks like it has a retractable roof, is that right? That must make quite a racket, then.

Keep us posted, whether it goes ahead, or if it turns out to be fake. If it goes through, we have experience of being part of a network, and of course it wasn't good, but it seems that the Manchester City owners have several other club but they all seem to be allowed to flourish in their own way, as far as we know. So, good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @PragueAddick ,  yes its a retractable roof , is a new stadium.  

yes , i will gave you updates when they appear here , but right now the genereal opinion is : ‘ fake news’.
    i dont see this with good eyes , but hey , what do i know.
    last year there were  rumors that Ronald will buy Dinamo...so i guess we dodged that bullet. :)

p.s : where did you see Tucudean on bench ? He appeared in one of the videos?

• Options
    My mate's motor cost £20 for a complete once over, he was so happy.
  • Options
    Cosmin said:
    @PragueAddick ,  yes its a retractable roof , is a new stadium.  

yes , i will gave you updates when they appear here , but right now the genereal opinion is : ‘ fake news’.
    i dont see this with good eyes , but hey , what do i know.
    last year there were  rumors that Ronald will buy Dinamo...so i guess we dodged that bullet. :)

p.s : where did you see Tucudean on bench ? He appeared in one of the videos?

They showed the team lineups about 3 minutes in
  • Options
    Be careful 

Get over it ffs.
  • Options
    Be careful 

Some on here get off on that.
    Especially if you haven’t got to pay for it.
  • Options
    In an interview for MBC TV, Tahnoon Nimer said that he "is having final negotiations for buying Dinamo from Romania", he posted the video on his instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Vhl2ihZwIL0Z6WuqvfV_xPgImmIZyE8ezfSs0/ , there are no english subtitles but you can clearly hear him say "Dinamo" and "Romania",
  • Options