Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon interested in buying Dinamo Bucharest?

Comments

• Options
    Why do people keep suggesting that passing the EFL fit and proper test is any proof of funds?

Asking price, for what they have bought was £1.  Projected profit/loss for this season, and next season is net zero.  Total funds need proving = £1.

In its self doesn't prove anything one way or the other. 
  • Options
    Too many things for me point towards MS not being as in control as people would expect from a CEO. Still think he ain't that trusted by ADBD and has maybe hoodwinked them into investing some of their investors dough. If that is the case, I don't think / hope any mismanagement will be tolerated for too long.

The above is assuming the line regarding the 6 month schedule to buy the assets has got any truth about it
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why do people keep suggesting that passing the EFL fit and proper test is any proof of funds?

Asking price, for what they have bought was £1.  Projected profit/loss for this season, and next season is net zero.  Total funds need proving = £1.

This is a most interesting way of looking at it. And we must all remember the EFL have no say over LTD company law.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Surely that can't be right. 

Don't the EFL look at figures from the last couple of years and work out how much it would cost to run the club for say the next 1-2 years.

I can't believe you're allowed to take over a club by proving you have £1, otherwise what were the Aussies doing dicking around for 2 years?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    sammy391 said:

You couldn't make this shit up:) Popcorn at the ready.....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:

Don't the EFL look at figures from the last couple of years and work out how much it would cost to run the club for say the next 1-2 years.

I can't believe you're allowed to take over a club by proving you have £1, otherwise what were the Aussies doing dicking around for 2 years?
    We don't know what the loss will be this year, if any, but I believe the clubs own projections will be zero or a couple of hundred grand either side. 

Last season we would have made a loss but you could argue that your business plan would increase revenue and not be hampered by large wages paid to Sarr, BFG etc so even in league 1 you wouldn't run a sizable loss.  £1 is extreme but the point is valid that it would not of needed proof of 10s of millions to pass.

And the aussies were docking around because they weren't intrested in buying the club without the assets, else they would have done years ago. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    sammy391 said:

“We’ll incorporate Swindon”
    "You're not all gonna lose your club. You're not going to lose your club, you're not going to lose you're club. You, you know. You're not going to lose your club"
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    "Everything will change"

Yeah we'll be in league one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    We will be in league 1 next season, but at least we have a friendly match with Dinamo Bucharest to look forward to. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

He's obviously got some pelters on Insta. 

I'm in betwen phones atm so not been on there
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Exactly right. Two years. Based on benchmarks from across the leagues. I am certain  this because I was in the CAST meet at the EFL, where they explained this to us, and it was all reported by CAST. @Cafc43v3r really ought to know it too, therefore.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. 
    "Ooooh look at me, I have contacts in football circles". Either put it in print here (you don't even have to name your source), or don't say anything... Pointless posturing. 
    I’ve put much of it in print in the last three issues of VOTV and you can read versions on here and on the other site (from other sources). What I am saying is that similar stories are now coming from multiple directions within the game. This is partly because Southall has asked so many people in the game for contacts to raise the money. It won’t be long before you read it in the mainstream media.
    Certainly some interesting stuff in the current edition of VOTV
  • Options
    I appreciate Airman sharing what he's heard. I do think he might have learned his lesson during his Murray campaign, that if you make mysterious allegations and don't spell it out, people won't react well. When you do spell it out, everyone very much appreciates it.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I believe that Nimer has Southall on a relatively short leash financially, and given Southall’s track record in business so he should. But on that basis you wouldn’t hand him the keys in the first place. A benign view would be that Nimer is willing and able to buy the freeholds and has put Southall and friends in charge on trial, on the basis that he has the contacts, so we could find he and they might be replaced in short order.

But again why pay £50m, which Southall is on record claiming is the price. To put it in context that it is similar to what the landowner might expect to realise from redeveloping The Valley for residential (after all other costs) but it isn’t the current value because of all the obstacles that lie in the way.
  • Options
    I still think it could be a bit of a smoke screen, to allowing investment from ADBD... 

what’s the likelyhood of them buying 25% of the club - therefore don’t have to announce who owns that stake of the club, and can then pump money in via sponsorship etc!

southall seems to know a lot about FFP, so arguably knows ways around it! 

Saving grace that a charlton fan is involved - lee Amis, surely he wouldn’t be peddling the ESI line if it was a negative 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    I still think it could be a bit of a smoke screen, to allowing investment from ADBD... 

what’s the likelyhood of them buying 25% of the club - therefore don’t have to announce who owns that stake of the club, and can then pump money in via sponsorship etc!

southall seems to know a lot about FFP, so arguably knows ways around it! 

Saving grace that a charlton fan is involved - lee Amis, surely he wouldn’t be peddling the ESI line if it was a negative 
    Refer you to Lee Amis’s previous involvement with Paul Anthony Garland and Sebastien Sainsbury.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. 
    "Ooooh look at me, I have contacts in football circles". Either put it in print here (you don't even have to name your source), or don't say anything... Pointless posturing. 
    I’ve put much of it in print in the last three issues of VOTV and you can read versions on here and on the other site (from other sources). What I am saying is that similar stories are now coming from multiple directions within the game. This is partly because Southall has asked so many people in the game for contacts to raise the money. It won’t be long before you read it in the mainstream media.
    Certainly some interesting stuff in the current edition of VOTV
    Saving it for a long train journey tomorrow...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Chunes said:
    I appreciate Airman sharing what he's heard. I do think he might have learned his lesson during his Murray campaign, that if you make mysterious allegations and don't spell it out, people won't react well. When you do spell it out, everyone very much appreciates it.
    Murray campaign? If you mean what was going on in 2012-13, I was constrained by the fact that Steve Kavanagh and Peter Varney both had ongoing actions against the club and were choosing not to put their cases in the public domain.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Murray campaign? If you mean what was going on in 2012-13, I was constrained by the fact that Steve Kavanagh and Peter Varney both had ongoing actions against the club and were choosing not to put their cases in the public domain.
    Campaign a poor choice of word. I'm referring to the period of time where you made allegations about Murray without ever saying the what or why (for whatever reason), which didn't go down well on here. Until such point as you wrote your article in VOTV, and now well and truly vindicated. 
  • Options

I will be commenting more fully on the nature of events in the next few days through other threads but some of you need to calm down. Social media has become a tool for unwarranted panic.

As far as I can determine ABDB is the name in the frame for the Romanian investment.

ABDB as a separate entity has no financial interest in Charlton Athletic Football Club.

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer has a day job.

He is Chairman of ABDB.

As I said I will try to add some perspective to the churn that has recently evolved in the coming days. It will likely be lengthy, detailed and I will give you no more guarantees about our future than anyone else but the hysteria serves absolutely no one.

Some of you however need to take a serious look at yourselves, at the history of this club and your expectations in relation to todays Professional Football Industry. Just how many times do we have to travel the same loop before it registers.

This industry stopped being a corner shop enterprise zone decades ago.

No one but no one turns round a business which has been in decline for over a decade, unless the slate has been swiped clean through administration, in a matter of weeks.

To get this right is going to take the long strategic planning and investment of which the club has been completely devoid for far, far too long, certainly considerably longer than 10 weeks.

A bientot       

All points taken and clarity appreciated. 

"This industry stopped being a corner shop enterprise zone decades ago."

This is, to me, the most important thing to keep in mind. Gone are the days of the local businessman done good who could own a football club. We're now looking at the money of people and entities who have more money than they know what to do with. 

My concerns with this are my same as the concerns with Western economies writ large, these investments are often not thought through and because the money is so trivial, it can be easy come and easy go. It's the job of investment firms to make money. If ESI does that at Charlton, Mazel Tov, more power to them. It's just, and I feel like I say this every time, there isn't a lot of profit to be made in football, but there's a whole lot of debt and loss and deficit spending.

All in all, this picture hasn't really changed my opinion one way or another. I remain skeptical, but I was frankly going to be skeptical of any new owners.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Exactly right. Two years. Based on benchmarks from across the leagues. I am certain  this because I was in the CAST meet at the EFL, where they explained this to us, and it was all reported by CAST. @Cafc43v3r really ought to know it too, therefore.
    I am aware which I why I mentioned this financial year projecting zero loss and the mitigation around last seasons loss any business person worth thier salt could argue wouldn't be repeated "on thier watch".

It wouldn't take a very bright person to explain that if we got relegated we wouldn't be paying the wages of Sarr, BFG, Igor etc.

There is no evidence that ESI passing the fit and proper test means there is evidence of funds for future investment.  All it proves is they can maintain the current levels of loss.  Which are as close to zero as makes no odds, in the football world. 

Our wage bill for the 3 years we were in league 1, under Roland, was enormous by league one levels.  Remember the 1st season we had 4 center halves on over 30k a week between them! 

• Options
    Uboat said:
    The Red Bull franchise is gross.  
    Gross as in big?
    Christian.
  • Options
    According to this, we are going to be a feeder club

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1022817611?-11197:833
  • Options
    Two separate things ABDB are loaded and can afford to buy The Valley
    HE Tahnoon Nimer is skint in comparison and is seeking investment from others to be able to buy The Valley 
    I reckon we'll be groundsharing in Bucharest next season.
  • Options
    So to recap we now have 2 crappy owners one has got bored of us already and bought a new toy to play with .A league 1,-2 squad at best.99% probability of relegation . The future look's bright