Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Another name to throw into the ring, Elliot Lee.

Not started a game for Luton in the league since the first game of the season, scored loads of goals from midfield for them last season, good pedigree, out of contract in the summer. 
  • Options
    Sack off Berem Kayal, thank him for his sparkling contribution and use the money on somebody who gives a shit
  • Options
    Sack off Berem Kayal, thank him for his sparkling contribution and use the money on somebody who gives a shit
    A lot of people defending the Brighton pair but quite frankly we are not in a position to carry dead wood.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Ferryman said:
    A lot of people defending the Brighton pair but quite frankly we are not in a position to carry dead wood.
    Totally agree. No point having Kayal available to come on as a sub for 15 mins, then missing a couple of games, playing one and then disappearing again. Total waste of a squad place. Shame really as I was really pleased when we signed him. We can’t afford to carry people like him when was have an injury crisis and dropping down the table by the game.

As for Hemed, stuck with him unfortunately. 
  • Options
    If they can get into form for the second half of the season, they will be a good addition.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Totally agree. No point having Kayal available to come on as a sub for 15 mins, then missing a couple of games, playing one and then disappearing again. Total waste of a squad place. Shame really as I was really pleased when we signed him. We can’t afford to carry people like him when was have an injury crisis and dropping down the table by the game.

As for Hemed, stuck with him unfortunately. 
    Plus every international break playing significantly more minutes for Israel.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor, anyone?
  • Options
    Jadon Sancho potentially available for £100m
    Willian @ Chelsea says he wont be listening to offers from elsewhere as has seen how Gallagher has done at Charlton so wants a piece of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Mbappe would be a good signing
  • Options
    Maybe we'll come back for Toney?
  • Options
    Much as we would all like a push for promotion this season, what's most important now is that we stay up and don't screw up the team spirit with some lousy "big name" buys. Next summer is a more sensible time to spend serious money

We do need some extra quality up top though, and a replacement for Cullen would be nice

I think we would be in a position to Buy Cullen in January, West Ham will recall him just to sell him as he is out of contract End of Season.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Red_James said:
    Much as we would all like a push for promotion this season, what's most important now is that we stay up and don't screw up the team spirit with some lousy "big name" buys. Next summer is a more sensible time to spend serious money

We do need some extra quality up top though, and a replacement for Cullen would be nice

I think we would be in a position to Buy Cullen in January, West Ham will recall him just to sell him as he is out of contract End of Season.
    I was thinking more in the short term as Cullen probably won't be back until mid February.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to sign Matt Smith just so he cant score another last minute winner against us...!
  • Options
    Gareth Bale is unsettled at Madrid and we could probably pay better wages than they can

• Options
    Glad the Arsenal news broke so people won’t heard this news and start over pricing there players when we go in for them. 
  • Options
    I'd be happy to sign Matt Smith just so he cant score another last minute winner against us...!
    This is the scum.... there is always a way we would get fucked over.

He’d just score last minute own goal instead!
  • Options

I agree, bring in 3/4 and stay up. Then have a bit of a clear out in the summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would seriously consider Woodrow at Barnsley. Scoring a lot in a pretty poor side.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Dwight Gayle perhaps - He got mentioned a while back but I laughed at the notion of us challenging West Brom for players
    Now I laugh at everyone trying to challenge us for players
  • Options
    nothing crazy this window I suspect, lets tie down the management team, LT plus 4/5 'bodies in the door' to improve what we have. Stay up and then have a proper go next season
    Agreed. While they won't be long term parts of our future (on the pitch anyway) the likes of Pratley and Pearce will be crucial for the next 6 months.

Another left back might be a priority now, as no way can we rely on Page and I'm not convinced Purrington is 100% fit.
  • Options
    we are only six points off the play offs, if we are still in that position at beginning of Jan I really can't see the new owners not splashing a bit of cash to try and go up and if we don't those players will be needed for a serious promotion push next season. He who dares wins and all that.
  • Options
    Anyone training with us at the moment thats out of contract?  We need bodies in before the transfer window even if they are on a short term deal else we will be down to just AMB on the bench at this rate
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I wonder how fit Tom Adeyemi is? Quality player when not in physio room. Free agent. 
  • Options
    I mentioned Elliot Lee the other day from Luton as he’s a talented midfielder not playing and out of contract in the summer. But scrap that! No offence Elliot, but we got bigger fish to fry now.