Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah a striker, a left winger (Leko plays right) and given the way Oztumer has started the season and how we miss Williams, a creative player too, but ideally I'd want someone who is willing to shoot from outside the box and has a bit of a physical presence about them, someone in the 5'11-6'2" region with a thundercunt of a shot
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Yeah a striker, a left winger (Leko plays right) and given the way Oztumer has started the season and how we miss Williams, a creative player too, but ideally I'd want someone who is willing to shoot from outside the box and has a bit of a physical presence about them, someone in the 5'11-6'2" region with a thundercunt of a shot
    Nadir Ciftci?  (ducks) 
  • Options
    Could do with a pacy winger just to mix things up a bit. 
  • Options
    Its seems that (on the evidence so far) that Oztumer & Hemed are not the right fit (or not fit enough....😁) and need to be replaced. Problem is they wont be & so I see limited scope for bringing in direct "replacements" for their positions. Dont think uncle Roly will be splashing any cash in January unless someone leaves .......and if that someone is Taylor then we will be worse off not better. 
  • Options
    Who knows how it will go. Interesting that Toney was wanted to play alongside Taylor not replace him. That implies to me that there is money for Bowyer if there is the possibility of a return on it. Having said that. With Duchatelet nothing makes much sense. 
  • Options
    If nothing else, if nothing else in the squad changes and we have no money for a permanent signing, an additional striker on loan is a must. I wouldn't be upset if either Leko or Kayal went back, or we could have 6 loan players and leave one out each week.
  • Options
     Interesting that Toney was wanted to play alongside Taylor not replace him. 
    Hahaha, yeh right, that old one.  ;)
  • Options
    Well perhaps but on that basis Lee Bowyer is an outright liar ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Bonne has done well considering where he has come from ...
    That is a nasty slur on Zimbabwe.
    Not sure why there was a need to comment on that when it’s clear I was on about the jump from Non-League to Championship 
    Bonne comes from Ipswich anyway!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Not sure why there was a need to comment on that when it’s clear I was on about the jump from Non-League to Championship 
    This was a whoosh Sage
  • Options
    Well perhaps but on that basis Lee Bowyer is an outright liar ?
    Do you believe it?
    If Toney cost up to £4m as alleged, where were we finding that sort of money from?
    Or put it another way, if we are  throwing £4m at players who is that man and what has he done to Duchatelet
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    This was a whoosh Sage
    Okay, my bad. It’s very difficult to tell on the internet when someone is or isn’t being serious. Especially in this day and age.
  • Options
    From the BBC Football website Rumours page today:

League One side Peterborough have placed a £13m asking price on English striker Ivan Toney, 23, who has been linked with Burnley and Bournemouth. (Sun)

They'll probably get close to that too, shrewd buggers are Peterborough. And that is us out.
  • Options
    £13M for a league 1 player is stupid
  • Options
    They sold Assombalonga to Nottingham Forest for £5m (rising to £8m) when they were a League One team

£5m inflation on that figure in five and a half years...

But yeah; £13m for a player outside of the Premier League is stupid
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bournemouth and Burnley interested six months after we have a bid turned down. Shows our recruitment process is still strong.
  • Options
    Toney is out of reach if Prem clubs are interested. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fictitious premier league interest to get us to pony up an extra £250k. Don't fall for it Roland.
  • Options
    Is he not 6 months from being out of contract? We should be putting a similar tag if not higher on Taylor who has shown he can cut it in the championship and is a better player IMO.
  • Options
    Is he not 6 months from being out of contract? We should be putting a similar tag if not higher on Taylor who has shown he can cut it in the championship and is a better player IMO.
    According to transfermarkt it runs until 2021 so 18 months
  • Options
    They sold Assombalonga to Nottingham Forest for £5m (rising to £8m) when they were a League One team

£5m inflation on that figure in five and a half years...

But yeah; £13m for a player outside of the Premier League is stupid
    Unless it's Lyle of couree
  • Options
    Found an interesting article here, 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/4-players-charlton-athletic-should-consider-a-move-for-this-january/

well lets just hope Josh cullen and conor gallagher don't leave in january. 
  • Options
    no chance of getting any of them as we would need to pay money...
  • Options
    Found an interesting article here, 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/4-players-charlton-athletic-should-consider-a-move-for-this-january/

well lets just hope Josh cullen and conor gallagher don't leave in january. 
    For anyone wanting to avoid all the ads and having to click on each page;

Louis Reed (Peterborough... Midfielder)
    Cameron Branagan (Oxford... Midfielder)
    Rhian Brewster (Liverpool... Striker)
    Denver Hume (Sunderland... Left-Back)
  • Options
    Brewster would be an excellent loan for the remainder of the season if one of our loanees were to return to their parent club. Alongside Taylor (if he stays) would be very interesting and help him into a much better player, far better than sitting in the U23s for Liverpool.