Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Worth trying to get Martinelli on loan?
    We would walk the league with Taylor and Martinelli up front
    Poor old Macauley Bonne! Scores 5 in 6 starts, but is cast aside in the belief a LOAN signing will do better than him...

Why do so many of you have no faith in the players the club already has?
    Are you Macauley’s dad?
    Absolutely not. But I presume that you think he should be dropped summarily for a loanee striker?

What has he got to do to justify being kept in the team? In your opinion?
  • Options
    No I think you make a good point - he doesn’t deserve to lose his place on current form.
  • Options
    With that said it’s all about squads. What happens when Macauley loses a bit of form?
  • Options
    If we do no business at all in Jan i'll be happy
    I suspect we will lose a couple of the loan players and replace them. Maybe another left back if/ when Page is still injured 
  • Options
    He's scored a few in the Europa League too.
  • Options
    2020: After Leuths prediction that Aliens land in Charlton and convert The Valley to a squirrel farm...

Human Squirrel hybrids will be bred to be sold for profit.

Duchatelet remains in place and Katrien Meire returns as CSF that's Chief Squirrel Face.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    2020: After Leuths prediction that Aliens land in Charlton and convert The Valley to a squirrel farm...

Duchatelet remains in place and Katrien Meire returns as CSF that's Chief Squirrel Face.
    Wrong thread mate.......you want the "are we for sale one...."
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wrong thread mate.......you want the "are we for sale one...."
    I mean, its certainly a January rumour 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be an interesting question for Bowyer when Taylor is back, coz he will obviously get his spot back, and with Bonne coming on leaps and bounds, but then again, despite his obvious inefficiencies, Leko does provide that something different, but maybe from the subs bench.
  • Options
    JJ said that we will be freshening up the squad so don't expect  money to be spent.
    I suppose as usual we will bring in a full back ...
  • Options
    Maybe Sure are to become the official deodorant of CAFC.
  • Options
    Just came across this on Twitter? Haven’t seen or heard anything else about it so could be bollocks but thought it was worth a share. 
  • Options
    Just came across this on Twitter? Haven’t seen or heard anything else about it so could be bollocks but thought it was worth a share. 
    He was on loan at Millwall last season (I think).
  • Options
    And was promptly let go because he was a bad egg. Not sure he's a Bowyer type signing unless they think they can turn his career around.
  • Options
    Yay new signing, bollox he's a spanner.
  • Options
    He was on loan at Millwall last season (I think).
    Had two loan spells @ Millwall

Wouldnt be a bad signing but would hope we're getting the Marshall who performed for Blackburn compared with recent years
  • Options
    he signed a four year contract for Norwich in 2018 but was promptly loaned out to Millwall. He was then released this summer.

he’s one of those players that always had a good reputation but has never really hit the heights. Maybe he is a bad egg but similarly maybe he is exactly a Bowyer signing

lets see how this pans out if true...seem to recall he was a pretty big lad for a winger with decent cross on him

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good player , bad attitude ? I'd forgotten about him, surprised he had a trial with us without it leaking out.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    If we are still where we are in January and Peterborough not doing so well, I would love us to make another bid for Ivan Toney, the rotation between him, Taylor and Bonne would be excellent 
    He will go for $7-10M in the summer. Peterborough won't sell him in January. But I agree, would like him a lot.
  • Options
    It's clearly nonsense.

Bows doesn't do wingers...
  • Options
    Good player , bad attitude ? I'd forgotten about him, surprised he had a trial with us without it leaking out.
    Probably not true, the source is a random football Twitter account.
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-seven-figure-sum-if-championship-hotshot-makes-premier-league-move-in-january/

"It seems unlikely that any money heading Charlton’s way – which is likely to be in excess of 10 per cent – will be given to Charlton boss Lee Bowyer to spend on his squad."
  • Options
    Blimey... I didnt think Roland would have insisted on a sell on clause

The way the transfer dragged on a bit it made me think that Roland did a Konsa where he just aimed for the best price
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Need Bows to bring in some big bruisers in January.

We’ve been done this way now by Birmingham, Wigan, Preston and Millwall.

They sorted it out after Shrewsbury with Pratley so I have no doubt they’ll be looking right now.
  • Options
    Sarr to PSG
  • Options
    Blimey... I didnt think Roland would have insisted on a sell on clause

The way the transfer dragged on a bit it made me think that Roland did a Konsa where he just aimed for the best price
    Gallen done the negotiations, Roland just accepted the price. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    If we are still where we are in January and Peterborough not doing so well, I would love us to make another bid for Ivan Toney, the rotation between him, Taylor and Bonne would be excellent 
    We should be bidding for him anyway assuming Rolly is still happy to spend. He was happy to spend £4m in August and one would hope that he may be prepared to chip in a bit more if we are there or there about.

The problem being is he is mad as a box of frogs so good luck to Bows and co negotiating that. 
    I see a problem here.