Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• How do financial fair play rules work? Guessing we can’t go and spend £20m in January?
  • How do financial fair play rules work? Guessing we can’t go and spend £20m in January?
    We could always sell ourselves the Ground and Sparrows Lane?
  • I think we will 100% go back in for Toney
    Problem is Peterborough want silly money for him. What did I read a few weeks ago. £15 million for a League one striker. Madness
  • No chance we go in for Toney. Just because we’ve been taken over, it don’t mean our new guy is gonna sling money at anything and everything . I’d imagine Gallen will have list of targets for Jan already 
  • Yeah I wouldn't expect a major overhaul in Jan and risk unsettling the squad, would imagine we'll just be in for a few to keep us up then look again in the summer.
  • I can imagine Chuks Aneke loaned out if he doesn't fit in but he deserves a second chance
  • I can imagine Chuks Aneke loaned out if he doesn't fit in but he deserves a second chance
    Does he.
    Better shape up then.
  • Aneke hasn't even been given a chance to start a game, not sure how so many can right him off. He's had some good cameos and some not so good cameos but its not easy to come on and change a game 
    Especially for a player who has struggled to adjust with the intensity of it all at this level. It’s very unfair to judge him.

Let Aneke get fit enough to start a run of games and then begin to make your mind up about him. I know Bow really rates him and that’s usually good enough for many on here.
  • January is not the best time to splash the cash, but picking up a left back would be good. Upgrading loans is a good option if any available. If we have identified players from lower leagues that fit any new plans, nicking them ASAP would be good.
  • Sponsored links:

• In my opinion it’s worth splashing some cash in January if we are in contention for a play off spot as long as that cash is splashed on players you would sign next summer anyway.
  • In January, clubs are more likely to pay players off who have six months left on their contracts. Last year we got Jonny Williams on this basis. 

Lets see who is available. 
    Problem is Peterborough want silly money for him. What did I read a few weeks ago. £15 million for a League one striker. Madness
    £15 million? No, that's not right ........ Peterborough are asking only £13 million.

• Oggy Red said:
    I think we will 100% go back in for Toney
    £15 million? No, that's not right ........ Peterborough are asking only £13 million.

And probably expecting half of that.
  • edited November 2019
    Lookman and Gomez to return? :wink:
  • edited November 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    I think we will 100% go back in for Toney

Mea Culpa
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lookman and Gomez to return? :wink:
    My housemate is a liverpool fan and asked me tonight who I'd prefer out of the two

My response: we can get the both now ;)
    Don’t worry about it - we can afford the fine now. 
  • Man City reserves on loan.
  • Be interesting to see how this pans out - no surprises here obviously but been told there will definitely be investment in the Jan window. Personally, after taylor is sorted out, we need to secure cullen, maybe improve williams deal, the get a dominant, big, aerial ball winner of a centre half to play alongside Lockyer. The rest depends on where we are with the injuries i guess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Van Dijk maybe with all the money we're meant to be getting?

I joke by the way.
  • might be a bit early for van dijk - give it a couple of years
  • Agree it would be daft to over increase the squad in January but we do have problems that need addressing if we are to 100% secure our Championship status. Without Taylor we don’t look the same team and although Bonne has impressed there is in my mind no doubt we need another reliable goal scorer. @DOUCHER is right that a dominant centre back is also essential. Both full back positions have been a problem all season and Purrington and Matthews are in and out of the side. Cullen is a given.
  • DOUCHER said:
    might be a bit early for van dijk - give it a couple of years
    He won’t be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Sarr 
  • I dont want us to go and spend 20m in jan. That's more likely to do more harm than good. Unsettle existing players etc.

Get the likes of taylor and William's on proper longer contracts. Add cullen on a perm. Couple of players we pay for who have the potential to grow with us. Maybe 1 big signing if someone is available who can add something different and take us to another level.
    Fuck it we are so minted well give them 30m 
  • cafc4life said:
    No chance we go in for Toney. Just because we’ve been taken over, it don’t mean our new guy is gonna sling money at anything and everything . I’d imagine Gallen will have list of targets for Jan already 
    Yes, and why wouldn't Toney still be on that list?
    Fuck it we are so minted well give them 30m 

Do you want to rent some goldfish?