Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised everyone is certain that we don't have a deal sheet in play?
    What’s a deal sheet?
    A bit of paper that two clubs lodge with the FA by 9pm on deadline day - to say they are talking, and might be a bit late with paperwork. 
    In reality - it’s nonsense. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    There must have been quite a big signing that just didn't come off, surely? 3 loanees when we already have 3 and no money being spent doesn't seem like the endgame MS had planned
     I'm starting to think it WAS the end game he planned. Just not the one he told us.
  • Options
    Never mind all that. Will we now beat Millwall ?
    No... Next question
  • Options
    This is just a 'keep us up' window. 

The rebuild will happen in the summer.

Agree.
    This squad will keep us in the Championship. 
    The clues were all there, that no big signing would happen in this window. 

Can I be the first to say that with Cullen going back to West ham and Taylor leaving on a free in the Summer then ESI need to get backing from businessmen in the UAE because having a low budget again won't work in August.

• Options
    Are some of us allowed to say we're quite happy with the window. We have added a few to what was a amazingly well put together (and achieving) squad before the injury crisis from hell. 30 mins till Lyle is safe from a Scottish bid. About to pour a nice Barolo and think of staying up in this league. I hope HE enjoys tomorrow.
  • Options
    When the dust settles tomorrow I think we can all be pretty satisfied with how today went. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Love Southall and all his media stuff. Take it all with a pinch of salt, bit of fun. At least we knew they were on it, and I am pleased with the result. I never expected a big signing. I think we had one on the hook. Next time, maybe? That’s football.

The alternative is silence. Bugger that.

That said, not losing Taylor is massive. Signing up Bows for three years is massive. Getting rid of Roland is massive. Getting our Charlton back is massive.

Shrugged off Fulham trying to nick our youngsters. Long may that attitude continue. Not getting mugged off by other clubs. Long may that continue.
    Very well said sir!
  • Options
    Great to hear. Now get him on a three year deal 
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Melrose said:
    Good transfer window, but spoiled by MS, who hyped and raised hopes when he didn't have to. (Dick)
    Taking it all far too serious mate no?Insulting an engaging new chairman?! Good window. Bowyer now has a fuller squad to manage, and options as players get back to fitness. We have a good set of players that can take on any team in this league when they are fit. Some people on here seem to want to replace the lot of them! How naive. Awaiting any late late shock news but Taylor staying is not to be under- appreciated too. Really, what is not to like? Looking forward to tomorrow.

Fair play to you. Your opinnion. To me It was not an insult to new chairman. Engaging he maybe, but there was no need for hype and bullshitting. This just raised expectations. He didn't need or have to do that. Looks a twat in my book......obviously not yours.
    Get where you're coming from, and do agree MS over-egged it but I thought it was all good fun while it lasted. Yes, with hindsight he raised expectations for many, but the main thing will be the quality of the squad as a whole and getting some results and I thought this window at least improves the chances of that. 
  • Options
    That was Bowyer saying goodbye to Taylor as he boards to train up to Glasgow....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll get pelters for this but I'm not having it, something doesn't sit right with me with Southall. It's just my view but I think he needs work big time on his social media. 

I understand that Davis is a very decent loan signing, McGeady could be lethal and the City kid could be another gem. But ultimately the bloke prick teased a whole fan base for over a day and made out like there would be something bigger. 3 loan signings of that quality isn't 'super duper' or whatever term it was he used. 

Each to their own and I appreciate it's better than Roland and I'm not sitting here saying I want change but I can't help but speak my mind. I'm not a fan so far.

Tin had at the ready 
    Agreed, considering the noises during the takeover, and then the buzz this morning, to wait ALL month to make 3 loan signings is a bit underwhelming. Nothing especially wrong with the players as individuals, but they're barely a step up from the level of player we were signing last summer, indeed I could have imagined us signing at least Smith and Davis if Roland was still around.

Yes it's great that we kept Taylor, but surely with new and allegedly wealthy and ambitious owners, that's the minimum we should have expected? After all Roland didn't sell Taylor in August either.
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Matt Southall, what a wally 
    Why?

You are fucking joking? or a total wind up merchant?
    I don’t quite get the angst. I haven’t heard all of MS’s pronouncements, but the signings, while hardly being household names, might turn out to be great. There are certainly zero known duds in there. 
    If he’s raised expectations and people are disappointed then that’s not good, but if Matt Smith and David Davis turn out to be good signings we’ll be happy. 
    And they’ll have bought the club and negotiated their first transfer window while keeping their financial power dry, so to speak. 
  • Options
    The squad has pretty much the same make up as it did at the end of the last window.  Plus Matthew, Oztumer and McGeady. 

That's obviously by design.  I said then I thought we were a striker and and top center half short.  Possibly still are. 

The midfield injuries we had were unbelievable really. 

If MS hadn't banged on about it I would be pleased, but not over joyed, with that window.

As a whole window 7/10
    Compared to what MS banged on about 4/10
  • Options
    I assume we are all super happy that ESI decided that this transfer window was sooooo important that they decided not to actually buy the ground or Sparrows Lane at the moment but to concentrate on strengthening the squad.

RIght-o. 
  • Options
    So out of our current midfield we could only have 2 of them still here in summer if Williams doesn’t sign a new deal. Shambles. 
    Surely we knew it was gonna be a total rebuild on the summer if we stay up?
    You’d hope so but then we also hoped we’d spend a some money this window. Feels to me like it’s going to be another summer of loans and free’s 
  • Options
    When your "biggest piece of business" is not losing your best player, you know you are aiming too low, as a club.
    Really?

Let's see in the summer. 
  • Options
    Assuming you’re trolling for lol’s.