Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    CAFC, the more things change, the more they stay the same
  • Options
    Surprised all these midfielders hasn’t meant a departure such as Morgan/Dempsey on loan.
  • Options
    David Davis! What a signing that is
  • Options
    Good player David Davis. Energetic, strong and a real bastard to get past for attackers. He'll be a decent rotation option with Pratley meaning we could maybe push Field up the pitch a bit once he's back. I think Bowyer is trying to make sure we never have a midfield crisis like we had again so he's not relying on players coming back from long term injuries going straight in, which is sensible. It also takes the pressure off these players knowing they have to get back in asap or we're screwed
    Davis does seem like a good Pratley alternative to do the dirty work in midfield
  • Options
    Window Shut
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Matt Southall really oversold this window lol, 4 loan signings, imagine if that was RD
    If that was RD, we’d 100% be sitting here at 11pm without Taylor. Maybe even without Phillips too. 
    And Bowyer still on a rolling contract being linked to jobs left, right and centre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently the fella who won the free tickets from Southall earlier has sent them back!
    Just to clarify he responded saying he has a season ticket, would like something else lol cheek of it
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Surprised all these midfielders hasn’t meant a departure such as Morgan/Dempsey on loan.
    They might have to play tomorrow!

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Matt Southall, what a wally 
    Why?
    ‘Marquee signings’ ‘we will spend money’ ‘prices and wage demands drop at the end of the window’ all the fart arsing on social media and we get 4 loans. Wally. 
    Totally with you on this, wasn’t expecting miracles but jeez I was expecting a lot more.
  • Options
    Happy Taylor stayed.

im still going to bed with the ump though.
  • Options
    Typical January Transfer Window

Half the fans want players signed... the other half caution that its difficult to do deals

When signings are made those who demand the signings moan the players arent good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who doesn't make the squad from the loan players when they're all available?
  • Options
    Load of fireworks going off round here, is that cos window shut and we’ve still got Lyle or Brexit bollox 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Anyway, depth through the squad now, with Chuks fit and Bonne close; that’s 4 strikers, 2 proper creators in Williams and McGeady, cover for Cullen, pace in Green, and Lyle staying.

looks a more rounded squad 
    Chuks a striker? Not for me he isn’t.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    23:01 and we still have Lyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's the happiest you've been for weeks, Len! :smile:

• Options
    I dont think we are a stronger squad after that!! I really really obviously hope we stay up but after that transfer window I'm proper worried!!!
  • Options
    Awsome last minute signing
    A real handfull
    Watch this space
    Are we stronger than this time yesterday
    Most f**king definitely 
    Of late we have been poor in midfield!
    Not anymore