Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County | Sat 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-Match Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    seth plum said:
    This is highly enjoyable from our point of view from a decent Derby County vlogger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3M4vxB3wik
    Think this new vlogging craze is one of the most irritating things about modern football. Weird enough grabbing your phone to record shit rather than enjoying the moment, but wtf is it with kids filming themselves give a running commentary for 90 mins? Stood near one at Portsmouth away last season and the whole thing was so bizarre.
    I'm not sure you're the target audience mate
    I get that, but fairly sure the lad at Charlton who blogs is only a year or two younger than me. Most are teenagers but it's still a weird way to watch football in my opinion.
    They are watching themselves.  Someone mentioned Narcissism and that about sums it up, they would blog themselves taking a dump. Product of our times and the technology available.

Does no harm and if you don't wanna watch, no matter either way.
  • Options
    They also make money from it.

Good for them.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    seth plum said:
    This is highly enjoyable from our point of view from a decent Derby County vlogger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3M4vxB3wik
    Think this new vlogging craze is one of the most irritating things about modern football. Weird enough grabbing your phone to record shit rather than enjoying the moment, but wtf is it with kids filming themselves give a running commentary for 90 mins? Stood near one at Portsmouth away last season and the whole thing was so bizarre.
    I'm not sure you're the target audience mate
    I get that, but fairly sure the lad at Charlton who blogs is only a year or two younger than me. Most are teenagers but it's still a weird way to watch football in my opinion.
    They are watching themselves.  Someone mentioned Narcissism and that about sums it up, they would blog themselves taking a dump. Product of our times and the technology available.

Does no harm and if you don't wanna watch, no matter either way.
    I'm ambivalent about it.  On one hand, I'm all for the democratising of the media but on the other hand, I tend not to care what a load of ignoramuses think, which is why I can't stand radio phone-ins.
  • Options
    EFL Team of the Week

• Options
    Weve done it Tel....
  • Options
    Was at Ascot on Saturday so missed this one, what a result! How did Kayal look when he came on?
  • Options
    Was at Ascot on Saturday so missed this one, what a result! How did Kayal look when he came on?
    Dodgy haircut. But some nice touches. Obviously has an eye for Hemed. I was less impressed by the latter. Body language didn’t suggest he was particularly up for it. 
  • Options
    Thought Kayal's cameo was encouraging. Looked fit, wanted the ball, few good touches and nice pass into Hemed. Unfortunately Hemed still looks off the pace. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    One of those guys that just did not look like a footballer but boy, what a footballer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved him! Right up there as one of my favourite players from the Premiership years...

soapy_jones said:
    ross1 said:
    One of those guys that just did not look like a footballer but boy, what a footballer!

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Overhead kicks a speciality.

Great player for us, good to see him at the true home of football on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I shouldn't be thinking about it and we played very well and would have won anyway i'm sure, but it has been niggling me why Derby were so shite. I mean for a team with one of the biggest budgets, they were abject weren't they? There was clearly something wrong and my guess it might be to do with their two drink driving muppets. But even so, they surely get paid enough to put that aside. I was surprised Cocu played them though, It might have been better not to. Anyway, their problem not ours. 
  • Options
    I shouldn't be thinking about it and we played very well and would have won anyway i'm sure, but it has been niggling me why Derby were so shite. I mean for a team with one of the biggest budgets, they were abject weren't they? There was clearly something wrong and my guess it might be to do with their two drink driving muppets. But even so, they surely get paid enough to put that aside. I was surprised Cocu played them though, It might have been better not to. Anyway, their problem not ours. 
    I am sure like all clubs they had a plan A and B depending on how we set up, and we set up completely differently and pressed their game out of them and they never recovered. It suggests that they don’t have the leaders in the team, or they have divisions within and not all are giving a 100%.

When things are going well the cracks are papered over, but under pressure are clear to see. I think they will end up lower mid table.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Richard Cawley’s big-match verdict: Relentless Charlton quickly grind down Derby

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1005500586?-11197:833
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Wowzer, wasn't expecting 3-0.

Every player was on their game today, some fantastic performances. Pratley as i've been saying for a long while is massively underrated and gives us something different and a true old pro, he knows what he needs to do in any given situation and puts his body on the line like i've not seen since a Steve Brown.

Gallagher just looks better every week, when that lad has 50-100 games under his belt he'll be top drawer premiership player and running the midfield for England. His body shape and whip on the shot for the goal i've not seen so effortless since Beckham.

Cullen just has so much energy, Kinsella style, sign him up in Jan.

Bonne took his goal well, there's a decent striker in there, really pleased for him.

Hard to fault anyone, long may these performances continue, we'll come up against better opposition that Derby proved today but that sort of fight and effort will win or draw more games than we'll lose.

Special mention for Naby, he still has that error and wayward pass in him, but glad it doesn't stop him trying, the pass to Williams was top drawer and really pleased for him to get a goal. Has there every been a player go from zero to hero quite like he has, love him.
    Peter Shaw