Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County | Sat 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    That goal ^ is sex.
  • Options
    Lovely turn by Sarr early in the match. He executed it so quickly, the Derby player was just left standing there, wondering where the ball had gone.
  • Options
    a very good game, full of stellar performances, notably Sarr,Pratley,Gallagher and Field in second half.
    Hugely impressive, never really in doubt and Dillon had little to deal with. Great goals too.
    All in all a very satisfactory Saturday what with England earlier in the day, and Millwall throwing away a 2 goal lead with 6 mins to go .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game this season. Was gonna put a bet on Charlton to win and Bonne first time scorer. Got a bit of man love going on for Bonne. Works so hard. Everyone done so well, maybe I see Leko in a different way to others. Such a frustrating player. Really is. 
  • Options
    Spanners just conceded a third goal in 10 mins to go 3-2 behind... :-)
    This is the cherry on the cake. Terrific afternoon.
    Will be perfect if Citeh give Palace a proper shoeing too.
  • Options
    It looked like Lyle Taylor’s knee brace was missing today. Earlier than thought. Bonne took his goal so well. Gallagher is pure class. 
  • Options
    Outstanding, truly outstanding. 
    What a bunch of lads we have and such a great time to be a CAFC fan. 
    Baby Beckham on the scoresheet with the goal of the season. 
  • Options
    To a man we were superb. Pratley was a beast. Cullen has an engine. Field I thought was class today and Kayal also showed signs of promise in his brief cameo. 

If Gallagher continues on this curve. He’ll be an England international. 
    Bonne is also showing he is more than capable of deputising for Taylor. 

I wonder what Bowyer will do when Purrington is fit.

Did anyone catch much of the handbags in first half. Lockyer vs waghorn was it?
  • Options
    Absolute magic. Well played all. Darren MOTM for me, closely followed by Lockyer and Josh Cullen. What a goal by Gallagher. The dip he got on it was incredible. 
    Indeed. I thought it was bound for row Z.
  • Options
    Great goals and a team that’s getting better and betterer 🙂 Bonne is coming on leaps and bounds and Pratley was süperb. Then the ever energetic skillful Conor caping his performance and the team’s performance was the icing on the cake. I’ll mark them all 10/10. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Recent luck with injuries????? we've had no luck for as long as I can ever remember!!!!
  • Options
    My first time at The Valley this season. There hasn't been a team this good and this resilient for years. Outstanding.
  • Options
    Outstanding, truly outstanding. 
    What a bunch of lads we have and such a great time to be a CAFC fan. 
    Baby Beckham on the scoresheet with the goal of the season. 
    Good as that goal was, the first was even better.
  • Options
    First time at The Valley this year. Everything that has been written about the new atmosphere is true. Honestly, cannot remember when it has been better. I mean that, for a routine game, the crowd doesn't wait for the team to lift them before they get going. 

I don't think Derby are a rubbish team. We just played them off the park with our energy and workrate. By the third they just wanted to get the hell out of there. 

Never forget the immortal words of Sir Lennie: " By October, the die is cast"...
    Not rubbish, but this is going to a season of transition for them.

Last season they had Lampard as manager, plus Wilson, Mount and Tomori in the side. Any team in this league is going to struggle losing that lot.