Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County | Sat 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I said last night he was my MoM. His work rate and ball retention was on another level. He was faultless.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I said last night he was my MoM. His work rate and ball retention was on another level. He was faultless.
    So hope the Hamsters let us keep him until the end of the season. 
  • Options
    If Cullen signs a new deal with West Ham he will stay the season in my opinion. The concern is they want to cash in or he doesn’t want to sign a new deal. If that happens I think there will be a couple of big Champ clubs in for him. Shame we can’t make an offer ourselves. 

Still, hopefully Kayal, Field and Hemed start to make an impression and we get even better. Still think we will fall short of the play offs (early days I know) but no shame in that. Just enjoying watching a team that can surprise you (although I’m getting less shocked as it’s becoming a regularity). They give it their all and I think as fans that’s all we can ask for. 

The one issue from yesterday was Williams. Would be a major blow if he’s out for any considerable length of time. He’s been fantastic and we would really miss him. 
  • Options
    Days like yesterday are why we sit through the dross when we do. Perfect afternoon, scoreline flattered Derby. Hope Williams is OK. Just wish our ownership issues were resolved and Bowyer was signed up for 100 years. 

Derby definitely not got the same team spirit - hardly surprising given their well-publicised team-bonding event. 

Love this team at the moment - LB/JJ/SG/SM sending a message to under-appreciated players everywhere - come here, work hard and you will get better and you will have loud passionate fans singing your name. 
  • Options
    was there a tunnel jump yesterday , if so who did it ?
  • Options
    was there a tunnel jump yesterday , if so who did it ?
    Sarr and Gallagher did it together
  • Options

I’ve met so many people this month... Heard so many stories... But today tops the lot! Seeing The Valley so pink, from a different viewpoint was amazing! You’re all amazing and I can’t thank you enough for making #LylesPinkOctober possible!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

So, can you all kindly send the pictures from today to this thread so everyone can see them, I know I want to see them! Thank you

• Options
    This is highly enjoyable from our point of view from a decent Derby County vlogger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3M4vxB3wik
  • Options
    Top 4 ks about what I thought if would be but at the start of the season I wouldn't have put us, QPR or Preston anywhere near the top 6. Fulham will be there or thereabouts too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    This is highly enjoyable from our point of view from a decent Derby County vlogger.

‘Dead ground’

What a wally.
    The red headed bloke with the big teeth behind the vlogger is funny. Never moved a muscle the whole time. Just stood there stunned. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Scoham said:

He has very similar qualities to Mark Kinsella. Top player.
  • Options
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

All others loans, kids and frees?
    Never in a million years would we have paid £1.5m for Pearce. I think it’s around the £500k mark 
    I’m 99% certain Pearce was signed for £1m.
    What makes you think that? I believe Ajose was our big money signing that summer and he was definitely under £1m. I can’t imagine Roland paying a seven figure fee for an ageing CB 
    Ajose was £600k. Pearce was £1m.  He was 29 at the time so not really that old. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Think this new vlogging craze is one of the most irritating things about modern football. Weird enough grabbing your phone to record shit rather than enjoying the moment, but wtf is it with kids filming themselves give a running commentary for 90 mins? Stood near one at Portsmouth away last season and the whole thing was so bizarre.
  • Options
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

Never in a million years would we have paid £1.5m for Pearce. I think it’s around the £500k mark 
    What makes you think that? I believe Ajose was our big money signing that summer and he was definitely under £1m. I can’t imagine Roland paying a seven figure fee for an ageing CB 
    How do you know? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I find it hard to believe Roland paid £1m for a 29yo CB. Also, I think £600k was the initial fee with a bit more in instalments, which is still quite cheap for a striker who had just notched 25 goals 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    seth plum said:

Think this new vlogging craze is one of the most irritating things about modern football. Weird enough grabbing your phone to record shit rather than enjoying the moment, but wtf is it with kids filming themselves give a running commentary for 90 mins? Stood near one at Portsmouth away last season and the whole thing was so bizarre.
    I'm not sure you're the target audience mate
  • Options

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

How do you know? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I find it hard to believe Roland paid £1m for a 29yo CB. Also, I think £600k was the initial fee with a bit more in instalments, which is still quite cheap for a striker who had just notched 25 goals 
    Somebody close to the club told me mate.  Not sure we paid anymore for Ajose or not - we certainly wouldn’t have if it was based on Goals scored that’s for sure - he hardly scored any. 
  • Options
    Who was named official EFL MOM yesterday?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    seth plum said:

I'm not sure you're the target audience mate
    I get that, but fairly sure the lad at Charlton who blogs is only a year or two younger than me. Most are teenagers but it's still a weird way to watch football in my opinion.