Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County | Sat 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    That was another reality check - we have nothing to fear in this league. I'm more concerned that an injury crisis will stop us than any player or club we come up against.

Opponents can have their 4-2-3-1's and 4-3-3's, big name foreign managers, multi million pound signings, their possession obsession and tippy tappy football at the back - but Bowyer can out think any manager and these players can out work any 11.

Bowyer mentioned we hadn't played this formation before. We seemed to play a 5-4-1 today with a flat midfield four. It would be interesting to know why he set up in that way, it's not a common formation to see. Neither is what you expect when your lone striker was only playing in the fifth tier last season. I love how flexible Bowyer is tactically. He clearly puts so much effort into understanding and adapting to opponent strengths and weaknesses. It's the complete opposite to the football we saw under Peeters, Luzon and of course Robinson, who thought their one plan was enough.

Can't wait until Wednesday now.
    He’s very tactically astute and seems to have learnt so much in a short time 
  • Options
    The fact that Nabby can play a pass like that then kick a ball out of touch from 10 yards is the reason he's not playing at a much higher level. 
    I love the fella and he really is a nice bloke of the pitch but drivers me insane when he inexplicably just kicks a ball out of touch. 

Not a major put down or dig him out it's just annoying he can't iradicate them minor errors as I'd love to see him progress higher. 
  • Options
    Sitting behind the goal in North Lower, we had the sun in our eyes as Cullen went to take the early second-half corner. We agreed high and looping was the best option and luckily Cullen obliged.

Also, just seen Bowyer's post match interview and enjoyed him tearing into a journalist that suggested maybe he used as different formation because of the 'poor results leading up to the international break.' Made me smile.
    Where did you see this? Would love to watch that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IR94 said:
    im liking JFC at lb, offers a lot more going forward than Purrington
    Work as a wing back but wouldn't want to see him there as part of a back 4. Would sorry me a bit.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

All others loans, kids and frees?
  • Options
    He's our 4th choice at LB/LWB and it's going well so far!
  • Options
    Aside from a couple of stray passes I thought that was comfortably the most composed Sarr has looked this season. 
  • Options
    Brilliant result.... Bow says we will surprise teams. Thought that would end quickly but so far it hasn't. Derby mate text me tonight and said, he could not believe how great we were. 
    Hope you text him back and said “I couldn’t believe how bad you were”!! 

If teams are still getting surprised by us then they aren’t doing their homework, long may it continue. 
  • Options
    Every week I think it will be the week it goes wrong but every time we get better.  3-0 against a big spending Derby side. Wow, this management team is phenomenal.  How much did that entire squad today cost us?

Bonne   £200K ?
    Sarr.      £2M ?
    Pearce. £1.5M ?
    JFC.     £ ?

All others loans, kids and frees?
    Never in a million years would we have paid £1.5m for Pearce. I think it’s around the £500k mark 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact that Nabby can play a pass like that then kick a ball out of touch from 10 yards is the reason he's not playing at a much higher level. 
    I love the fella and he really is a nice bloke of the pitch but drivers me insane when he inexplicably just kicks a ball out of touch. 

Not a major put down or dig him out it's just annoying he can't iradicate them minor errors as I'd love to see him progress higher. 
    I thought JFC was napping a bit, ball was quite close to him. One other ambitious croofiels went astray but rather he tried them.
  • Options
    They had Clough but we've got version 2.0
  • Options
    Bonnes shot in the first half saved by the keeper for a corner was going wide but a decent strike 
  • Options
    We win 3-0, the team we play midweek lose 3-0, what could possible go wrong?

Great performance yesterday, agree with everything that has been posted.
  • Options
    Quest Highlights start at about 46 or 47 mins