Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I suppose it’s brand awareness more than the amount of shirts each club sells. 

I imagine they have analysts telling them that for every EFL club they do, they’ll get x return on their sports and street wear… I know for a fact I’ve been far more open to looking at Hummel stuff since they did our shirts.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Castore expanding quickly. Read online they are also bringing on Aston Villa, Leverkusen, Sevilla and Feyenoord this summer.
    We'll be way down the list of priorities for them then. 
    I often wonder what's in it for Castore (or the maker of any other smaller clubs kit)? It's not like they're going to get rich off selling Charlton kits and we are a lot smaller in fanbase compared to their other clubs (the ones you've named, Newcastle, Rangers etc).

They must easily sell 100k+ shirts for those clubs and much more than that for Newcastle. Rangers sold over 250k of their latest kit in a few months last summer. What kind of numbers do we sell?
    Brand awareness, all major retail will have a loss leader or break even, at my work we give away quite a few freebies and incentives, they all cost on the P&L but help towards creating the right image and bigger picture of the company 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Castore expanding quickly. Read online they are also bringing on Aston Villa, Leverkusen, Sevilla and Feyenoord this summer.
    We'll be way down the list of priorities for them then. 
    I often wonder what's in it for Castore (or the maker of any other smaller clubs kit)? It's not like they're going to get rich off selling Charlton kits and we are a lot smaller in fanbase compared to their other clubs (the ones you've named, Newcastle, Rangers etc).

They must easily sell 100k+ shirts for those clubs and much more than that for Newcastle. Rangers sold over 250k of their latest kit in a few months last summer. What kind of numbers do we sell?
    Look how quickly Hummel expanded after they supplied us? 
  • Options
    So with the club shop slashing prices on this year's kit over the last few days, do we think it is just good business sense by TS or is the new deal/kits about to be announced.

The old Charlton would wait until the start of the next season to reduce them by 85%. But a better idea would have been to do this before the last home game of the season.
  • Options
    The club doesn't run the shop.

Prices nothing to do with TS.

But yes, new manufacturer set to be announced, hopefully soon.
  • Options
    Oh sorry I thought they had taken it back under control.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    From memory, that’s what Wayne Mumford wants to do - however depends on the contract with whoever runs the shop - if they are on a (say) 5 year contract, signed in the final season of Roland, with no breaks, then the only way to do it is to pay them off, which is likely expensive

Judging by the quality of commercial negotiations (both football related, and elsewhere) under Roland, I would not be surprised if above was the case….
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    From memory, that’s what Wayne Mumford wants to do - however depends on the contract with whoever runs the shop - if they are on a (say) 5 year contract, signed in the final season of Roland, with no breaks, then the only way to do it is to pay them off, which is likely expensive

Judging by the quality of commercial negotiations (both football related, and elsewhere) under Roland, I would not be surprised if above was the case….
    We are probably paying them to run it in that case.
  • Options
    Elite, Hummel's retail arm, have run the "superstore" for five years.

With the deal up the retail operation will either come back in house or go to Castore.
  • Options
    Whoever the sponsor is, let’s hope there is no repeat of last summer’s shambles when kids had to wait until six weeks into the season for their new kit to be in stock. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BFG94 said:
    Whoever the sponsor is, let’s hope there is no repeat of last summer’s shambles when kids had to wait until six weeks into the season for their new kit to be in stock. 
    6 weeks ? Some of it was still absent in November and then by Decemeber was half price on MandM sports. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new Castore CAFC kit whilst dreading what they are about to do with Quins who have just linked up with them ditching Adidas.

If they get the CAFC kit ready in time for folk to have it at the pre-season games and still have some stock left for late buyers pre-Christmas they will be a vast improvement.

Looking at their other clubs and involvements (like Maclaren F1) we can expect a great leisure range (or whatever non replica kit is called these days).

if the UOG deal is linked to progress for the academy, Sparrows Lane and it’s environs that’s a hugely positive step. 

With all the negative vibes on here about every other aspect of the management of our club I think Wayne Mumford deserves a huge amount of credit for what he is achieving. Sponsors we aren’t ashamed of etc. It can’t be easy marketing a mid table club from the third tier of English football.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new Castore CAFC kit whilst dreading what they are about to do with Quins who have just linked up with them ditching Adidas.

If they get the CAFC kit ready in time for folk to have it at the pre-season games and still have some stock left for late buyers pre-Christmas they will be a vast improvement.

Looking at their other clubs and involvements (like Maclaren F1) we can expect a great leisure range (or whatever non replica kit is called these days).

if the UOG deal is linked to progress for the academy, Sparrows Lane and it’s environs that’s a hugely positive step. 

*With all the negative vibes on here about every other aspect of the management of our club*  I think Wayne Mumford deserves a huge amount of credit for what he is achieving. Sponsors we aren’t ashamed of etc. It can’t be easy marketing a mid table club from the third tier of English football.

*Shocked at this, personally I thought Keohane did a great job with the pitch maintenance this season. 😉
  • Options
    Still no confirmation that the most unsecret secret is true 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Still no confirmation that the most unsecret secret is true 
    We rarely see it before the Welling game.  Plenty of time yet
  • Options
    Not that, but the deal itself is probably worth announcing 
  • Options
    Seeing as the current season isn't over, would they (as in Castore) be announcing new deals for next season yet? Even if you exclude playoffs/cup finals, the EPL still runs until 22nd of May

There's also the case of managing expectations. Every year our fans bemoan how long it is between the new kit being announced and when it can actually be purchased. I imagine it's not dissimilar at many other clubs, so there would be no benefit to announcing a kit early and then having it unavailable for months. You're just pissing off your most enthusiastic customers. If I were in business of producing kits, I'd want as small a gap between announcement and availability as possible. Look at Apple for example, they'd make big announcements on stage and having the product available online within minutes and in store within days. Result, no pissed off customers and the excitement around the announcement directly results in sales. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:
    Bit poor on that Rangers shirt. They’ve spelt “Sevco” wrong on the back 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    I think this season's black shirt will go down as a classic.
    Agreed, just a shame there was so little stock. Think the most popular sizes were sold out by November/December and they've never been restocked
  • Options
    I think this season's black shirt will go down as a classic.
    Agreed, just a shame there was so little stock. Think the most popular sizes were sold out by November/December and they've never been restocked
    My partner planned to buy me one for Christmas... So i did not order one. I should definitely bin her off. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ross said:
    Newcastle home shirt is decent. Plain and simple Castore, same for us please. 
  • Options
    Quite like these Castore efforts for next season. Moving away from the crazy patterns on shirts over the last couple of years and keeping it simple. Hopefully we get more of the same.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Ross said:
    I really don’t want us in a black and white  home top. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cfgs said:
    Stewart said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ross said:
    Why? The only major trophy we won we were in black and white....
    I though we wore red that day and it was the TV that was black and white.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Stewart said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ross said:
    Why? The only major trophy we won we were in black and white....
    I though we wore red that day and it was the TV that was black and white.
    I thought life in the 1940s was in black and white?