Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I don't know all the details for UoG deal, assume no money passes hand? What is the value to Charlton, all I can see is a lot of benefits to them? 
    If you know no details why would your assumption be that no money passes hands?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I don't know all the details for UoG deal, assume no money passes hand? What is the value to Charlton, all I can see is a lot of benefits to them? 
    Probably because like most universities the UoG works within a tight budget. 
    I can't see it being in a position to throw much money at Charlton. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The press release doesn't go in to much detail.. and the use of 'partnership' rather than 'sponsorship'. The release is very much about what UoG are receiving and very little about what Charlton are getting.. 

I can remember reading a while back that the Uni might be investing in to Sparrows Lane (or did I make that up)

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    My Dad worked for the UoG for nearly 30-years, retired a couple of years ago but was still working for them when we signed the first deal with them - He was very much of that opinion; He thought it was typical of the University to throw the little money they had at something that there wasnt much point in.

Hopefully its been more of a charitable thing from us

As we also tend to have a handful of matchdays where Students get heavily involved themselves.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Rothko said:
    Shocking! Surely that should be the kit colours for Surrey!! 🤢
    Red & Blue are nothing to do with Surrey cricket tbf

Just Surrey football 
    Which is what I was alluding to 😉 Cheers @Hornchurch
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Rothko said:

Just Surrey football 
    As a Surrey cricket supporter... I am not happy at that link to them lot ;)
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We have somewhere official to give all of the free tickets too :0
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I wonder if it will help us to get cat 1 status. Pure guess but if true the value would be huge without the need for money changing hands 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We have somewhere official to give all of the free tickets too :0
    Sounds good to me. My mate both works for UoG and is club secretary of a junior football club that gets grassroots tickets. I may never need to buy a ticket again!  :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Universities are some of the biggest wasters of money out  there! UoG is probably one of the better but they're nowhere near as tight fisted as is being made out. 

• Options
    Plus UoG have a steady stream of TV/Film income because of the sheer volume of productions using the navel college as a location
  • Options
    Universities operate in a highly competitive market, made even more so by Covid, and the resulting drop in Chinese students in particular, and by the B word we mustn't mention.

So they spend a lot on advertising and getting their "brand" well known.

I have no idea how much hard cash they have put in but remember this is only one shirt sponsor, there is also RSK who are the main IE Home shirt sponsor.

Thomas also mentioneds the importance of extra finance in the launch piece which implies that there is money changing hands.

On partnerships the club now describes all the firms that work with it as "partners".  Watch Charlton TV and see KW, the name currently on our shirt, DNL Events, ITRM etc all listed as partners although those three do all do more than just put money in as I understand it.

It's either "just marketing speak" if you are a cynic or "reflecting the importance of long term relationships beyond just money" if you're not : - )
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I wonder if it will help us to get cat 1 status. Pure guess but if true the value would be huge without the need for money changing hands 
    Yes, that would be great.. and would bring more value than cash long term! 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Rothko said:

Just Surrey football 
    As a Surrey cricket supporter... I am not happy at losing to Kent all the time
    Corrected  :p
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The press release doesn't go in to much detail.. and the use of 'partnership' rather than 'sponsorship'. The release is very much about what UoG are receiving and very little about what Charlton are getting.. 

I can remember reading a while back that the Uni might be investing in to Sparrows Lane (or did I make that up)

All clubs use partnership rather than sponsorship these days, in fact the RSK announcement was also called a partnership. 
  • Options
    Someone mentioned collars on the new kit, could this be the template? 

• Options
    Like all those collars. That retro Newcastle shirt is lovely.

Their kits seem a bit fussy to me - like the dreaded Cabrini monstrosity - but hopefully the museum lads have had a word (??) and they go with simple.
  • Options
    I have no reason, but I feel like I’m going to be underwhelmed by our upcoming kits, is it fact we are going castore, sorry if I’ve missed this as confirmation. Are they going to be bespoke design or back to the Nike type mundane stuff?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Asked TS and there is a significant financial element to the deal.

He didn't say how much.

Also asked two of the players and they hadn't seen any new shirts and hadn't heard about Castore

Didn't appear to be of much interest to them but they weren't expecting to see new kits or training gear any time soon.
  • Options
    So potentially one more Hummel year?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So potentially one more Hummel year?
    Nope, deals done, just needs announcing 
  • Options
    Castore expanding quickly. Read online they are also bringing on Aston Villa, Leverkusen, Sevilla and Feyenoord this summer.
  • Options

He didn't say how much.

Also asked two of the players and they hadn't seen any new shirts and hadn't heard about Castore

Didn't appear to be of much interest to them but they weren't expecting to see new kits or training gear any time soon.
    Tbh I imagine kits are the last thing players care about ! 
  • Options
    Castore expanding quickly. Read online they are also bringing on Aston Villa, Leverkusen, Sevilla and Feyenoord this summer.
    We'll be way down the list of priorities for them then. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

He didn't say how much.

Tbh I imagine kits are the last thing players care about ! 
    https://youtu.be/lpuJBtcMMp8
  • Options

He didn't say how much.

For CAFC or UOG? :D
  • Options

He didn't say how much.

That's because they won't be wearing our kit next season anyway!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We'll be way down the list of priorities for them then. 
    I often wonder what's in it for Castore (or the maker of any other smaller clubs kit)? It's not like they're going to get rich off selling Charlton kits and we are a lot smaller in fanbase compared to their other clubs (the ones you've named, Newcastle, Rangers etc).

They must easily sell 100k+ shirts for those clubs and much more than that for Newcastle. Rangers sold over 250k of their latest kit in a few months last summer. What kind of numbers do we sell?