Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    One of the greatest shirts ever produced by Hummel
  • Options
    I bought a couple of Castore training/gymwear bits a few months back. Not had any problems with the quality, I like them in fact.

IF they are to be our kit suppliers next season, the design might be considered ‘bland’ by some quarters but as long as it’s predominantly red with some white detailing, I am happy.

Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer IF the rumour is true.
  • Options
    Would imagine any move to go with Castore also enables us to take control of the club shop more thoroughly!

I know that it’s been mooted as something Mumford has wanted for a while
  • Options
    Anfy Murray is another of their Clients, they're certainly a growing brand. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The current Hummel kits aren't great, the home kit is the worst of the bunch they've made. And I'm seeing people moaning about third kits, I care more than a design that respects the traditions of the home kit, and at least acknowledge history with the away kit. 

I have to agree, the quality is piss poor. Stitching comes apart very quickly, I know this because the kit man told me.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Pretty sure Murray is a part owner

Will judge them on the kits but the logo is shocking
  • Options
    Pretty sure Murray is a part owner

Will judge them on the kits but the logo is shocking
    Yeah seems he's a shareholder at the very least

Think he was their first Sports signing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castore_(brand)
  • Options
    Quite looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. Would love to see some garish keeper shirts but won't be holding my breath. 
  • Options
    Know their market as well,  the Rangers shirt goes up to 4xl.
  • Options
    Castore make nice fashion and training gear but I’ve been underwhelmed by the football kits.

The logo just doesn’t suit a football shirt - it’s looks like a 2nd badge.

they are also pretty expensive especially for the normal working class fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really like Castore stuff
  • Options
    When we were up watching Gateshead I went in the St. James Park Castore store. Quality seemed to be exactly the same as nearly every kit maker to me. I always think Adidas kits are the best made.
    Inclined to agree about adidas, the newish Nike kits have awful quality and seem like cheap copies in terms of quality of stitching etc. 

Shame if we leave Hummel as i do appreciate the ‘tailored’ parts of our kits so that they are not out of a catalogue, but maybe this is part of the plan to bring the shop in-house rather than fully outsourced to a supplier. 
    Castore are still relatively small, so our kits should be fairly bespoke

Interestingly both the England and Kent cricket teams will be wearing Castore this summer too, so that's 2 elite teams they've taken on (plus England)
    Apologies, bespoke was the wrong word but what i think Hummel’s main strength has been, and which in don’t see other brands doing, is that their shirts have contained elements specific to us, such as the sword embossing last year, the ‘back to the valley’ embossing on their first shirt etc. 

They’ve also taken respectful inspiration from old shirts (though admittedly others are also doing that). E.g. the Championship away with the green bands or last year’s gray away shirt. Castore will have a long way to go to meet those two kits
  • Options
    Andy Murray is one of their owners. So his love for Charlton was real all along
  • Options
    Praying that they bring back the hooped socks for the home kit. 
  • Options
    as long as the home kit is a plain red/white/red that'll do - I really like their stuff, always loved Wolves kit's/colour

would love the away to either be all yellow (ala Admiral 90's) or the yellow/blue (adidas 80's)

3rd kit they can fire away and do whatever they like, although all black kits when done right do look very smart.

have really liked the Hummel stuff but this years home kit is their worst effort and the away is horrible
  • Options
    If the training and leisure offering is anything like their Maclaren range (F1 not a bespoke offering for the man with the brolly) I’d be thrilled to have Castore as a kit sponsor.

Our current overall shop offering is poor even compared to other League 1 teams. If the club get control then it must help Mumford meet some of his ongoing commercial objectives. 

They transformed the offering at Saracens in terms of availability (a frequent Hummel failing) and choice. I haven’t been to a football ground where they contribute to the ‘superstore’.

• Options
    We need a Charlton railway station shirt!

• Options

That might just be the worst kit ever 
  • Options

WTAF 😱 😳😫
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know if anywhere is stocking the 3rd kit the black one
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    The club shop has them reduced atm. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Alcafc1 said:
    The club shop has them reduced atm. 
    I need an adult size there not selling any adult ones
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    This site seems to have some. Never used them myself but looks like you can pay through PayPal so would have protection. 

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-shirts/cha-2122-third-jersey-ss-black/226892/#/
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Alcafc1 said:
    This site seems to have some. Never used them myself but looks like you can pay through PayPal so would have protection. 

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-shirts/cha-2122-third-jersey-ss-black/226892/#/
    Thanks 
  • Options
    Is it true we’ve got Castore next season? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Apparently so.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yes
  • Options
    Wonder when the big reveal is going to be for the deal?