Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Wonder when the big reveal is going to be for the deal?
    Christmas time?
    so about the same time the kits are available to buy then
  • Options
    Judging by their new McLaren F1 team merch , the kit prices will be probably higher than Hummel. Just hope we get something better than that Newcastle home kit with the weird 4 in the stripes. 
  • Options
    Really don't want overpriced shit. I have really liked the hummel gear in terms of quality. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Judging by their new McLaren F1 team merch , the kit prices will be probably higher than Hummel. Just hope we get something better than that Newcastle home kit with the weird 4 in the stripes. 
    the rangers jerseys this season were £65 adults and £50 for juniors 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    To be fair to Castore, it isn't their shirt design that's caused the issue, it was the terrible sponsor.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I really like the Hummel stuff and it’s s shame we are moving on
    I've liked some of the away kits but I don't think I've liked a single home kit from them. Between this season's weird arrow shirt and the pinstripe abomination a few years back I don't think I'll miss them that much at all. I do appreciate the thought that's clearly gone into the bespoke away kits though, I hope that continues with Castore.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Wonder when the big reveal is going to be for the deal?
    When the new sponsors are announced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    the rangers jerseys this season were £65 adults and £50 for juniors 
    The wolves kit was £55, tbh I'd pay the extra £5 to be able to wear it in the summer and not have to wait until November before stock is available..... and it then be 40% off a few weeks after Xmas.  
  • Options
    The quality of this years Hummel stuff is crap, especially from the perspective of kids wearing it, the stuff is falling apart in a few months
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Not a fan of Castore's kits, Id rather stick with Hummel. The marketing team (or possibly marketing person these days) has probably been dazzled by a fancy Castore powerpoint on how they're here to "shake up" the sportswear industry, something something social something something impact something something synergy......  
    More likely dazzled by the size of the cheque they offered.
  • Options
    I’ve liked the Hummel kits. Think wolves and Newcastle kits look shit. Wolves looks yellow not old gold. liked that Hummel brought tradition in to some of the kits they done. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The quality of this years Hummel stuff is crap, especially from the perspective of kids wearing it, the stuff is falling apart in a few months
    Yes, my third kit, despite being black is white on the inside (for some reason I don't understand at all). Wear it a few times and scrape it against jacket zips or whatever and the white shows through the black in a horrible worn-out mess kind of way. I took the first one back and got it exchanged. Not sure the replacement is going to be any better.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Football shirts aren't built to last these days, probably because the club/manufacturer expects (well hopes!) that youll just buy next seasons anyways. 

As an NFL fan I buy a lot of NFL jerseys, but make a point of buying the higher grade "limited" versions, where the letters and numbers (and often logos) are all stitched fabric and are a lot harder wearing. There are cheaper "game" versions where the letters and numbers are just bits of glued plastic like our football shirts. And like our football shirts it only takes a few months of washing for the plastic to become cracked or start to peel. Theses plastic printed "game" grade jerseys are cheaper overall, but still in the realm of £70-£80! 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Rothko said:
    Yes, my third kit, despite being black is white on the inside (for some reason I don't understand at all). Wear it a few times and scrape it against jacket zips or whatever and the white shows through the black in a horrible worn-out mess kind of way. I took the first one back and got it exchanged. Not sure the replacement is going to be any better.
    The training gear is spot on. 
  • Options
    Remember a lot of rangers fans giving out on Twitter about the quality of the gear the first year they were with castore. Things falling apart before they were even worn and such. Really hope this isn't true,  would have imagined we'd be sticking with Hummel given our Danish connections 
  • Options
    Hopefully Castore can match the quality and design efforts of Hummel. Saying that, for the past 5 years Hummel held several workshops with fans and regularly visited the museum for ideas. Castore on the other hand have, to my knowledge, done none of these things. Let's hope that changes in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hummel worked well for the first couple of years but now they’re supplying kit to half of the EFL, it feels a bit like an afterthought and they’re stretching themselves too thin. Perhaps why people are reporting quality issues on this season’s stuff…

Interested to see what Castore come up with although I am concerned that they might fall into the same trap of trying to do too much at once. Multiple football clubs, some cricket, tennis gear etc…
  • Options
    Deal is done just hasnt been announced in public yet 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I heard a whisper that our shirt will have collars
    Do like matching collars and cuffs.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Not a fan of Castore's kits, Id rather stick with Hummel. The marketing team (or possibly marketing person these days) has probably been dazzled by a fancy Castore powerpoint on how they're here to "shake up" the sportswear industry, something something social something something impact something something synergy......  
    Realistically though how much are they going to pay to make the kits for a league one club. I can't imagine there was a giant bidding war.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Realistically though how much are they going to pay to make the kits for a league one club. I can't imagine there was a giant bidding war.
    When Hummel first 'signed' us we were their first UK club. Within the last five years they have signed several lower league clubs along with two premiership clubs. 
  • Options
    jbaker said:
    Deal is done just hasnt been announced in public yet 
    I'd have hoped so ! They need to start making them soon so we have half a chance of wearing one before the January sales
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The Hummel stuff has got worse over the life of the contract
    Worse and never available. I also don't want my £50 purchase to and up on mandm sports for 1/4 of the price either. 
  • Options
    IMO the Castore kit designs have been very boring and 'safe' so far, so my expectations are low in terms of the design but certainly not against collars.

I have a couple of bits from them for the gym and it's good quality stuff - but at a high price.

I wonder if they make the kits or just sub-license it out, that maybe a way for them to do more affordable mass product, if you can class Charlton as mass nowadays.