Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• So I count 9 clubs in the Greater Manchester area (plus a number more in surrounding Lancashire county) with a population, according to Wikipedia of 2.8 million - the same population as South London which has four professional teams (none the same size of the big two in Greater Manchester).
  • 19 sides within an hour of me in top 5 divisions. I know of at least one person who goes regularly for every club except Salford. 

• I really hope both clubs make it. With so much money around at the top of the game, all this feels so wrong.
  • Sky reported this morning that there were further takeover talks @ Bolton today

That came from the Administrator so hopefully the talks were positive
  • se9addick said:

So I count 9 clubs in the Greater Manchester area (plus a number more in surrounding Lancashire county) with a population, according to Wikipedia of 2.8 million - the same population as South London which has four professional teams (none the same size of the big two in Greater Manchester).
    It's killed off clubs in the north-west before, the original Accrington Stanley went to the wall because it was too close to Blackburn/Burnley and other clubs in that area. 
  • It was a long time ago, but many of us of a certain age remember what it feels like to be in such a position. 
    You mean when RD started talking about the takeover?
  • It was a long time ago, but many of us of a certain age remember what it feels like to be in such a position. 

It was worse for us as we weren't in administration, we were going under and out the league.

Also remember we had a game called off but our opponents didn't want a postponement as they had ordered the pies. Blackburn I think, lovely northerners.  

It was worse for us as we weren't in administration, we were going under and out the league.

Also remember we had a game called off but our opponents didn't want a postponement as they had ordered the pies. Blackburn I think, lovely northerners.  

Bolton and Bury both face expulsion from the league AND going under.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    se9addick said:

So I count 9 clubs in the Greater Manchester area (plus a number more in surrounding Lancashire county) with a population, according to Wikipedia of 2.8 million - the same population as South London which has four professional teams (none the same size of the big two in Greater Manchester).
    It's killed off clubs in the north-west before, the original Accrington Stanley went to the wall because it was too close to Blackburn/Burnley and other clubs in that area. 
    Not so much Bury (who's glory days were a long time ago), but Bolton are a far more significant club. 6th in the top flight in 2005, only relegated from the PL in 2012. Even last season they averaged over 14600 
  • It wasn't that long ago that Chelsea almost went bust
  • Bury's record attendance was 35,000...…………… v Bolton in 1960.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It was a long time ago, but many of us of a certain age remember what it feels like to be in such a position. 

And that would of happened to us as well.
  • Has Bury's sale actually gone through? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It was a long time ago, but many of us of a certain age remember what it feels like to be in such a position. 

And that would of happened to us as well.
    So it wasn't worse for us is my point, it was the same risk. 

Fingers crossed for both clubs still. 
  • SKY SPORTS NEWS: Bury takeover is off. Potential buyers have officially pulled out
  • _MrDick said:
    SKY SPORTS NEWS: Bury takeover is off. Potential buyers have officially pulled out
    got a link? Can't see it reported anywhere
  • Croydon said:
    _MrDick said:
    SKY SPORTS NEWS: Bury takeover is off. Potential buyers have officially pulled out

The EFL Board has been informed that C&N Sporting Risk will no longer be pursuing their interest in Bury FC.

The League announced at the weekend that it was working exclusively with the Club and C&N in an attempt to finalise a change of control at the Club. However, following a period of due diligence, C&N have opted not to progress matters.

The League continues to be in discussions with Bury FC in advance of today’s 5pm deadline and will provide a further update as appropriate.

• Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    That's surely them gone then unless they get another extension? How are they going to find another buyer in the next hour?

Did wonder if the deal was off when i read earlier they had suddenly stopped selling tickets for Saturday's game with Doncaster.
  • edited August 2019
    League Two teams could be delighted tonight

No one will get relegated from that League this season as Bury / Bolton are surely going to take their place now as well as two spots in the National League!!
  • R.I.P Bury FC

Cant see them getting a new buyer now.

Still expect Bolton to by fine due to there history someone will come along, but cant see it with Bury.
  • Players starting to leave Bury, think they know thats it now.

⚪️🔵 Bury Football Club can confirm that @adam__thompson has joined Rotherham United after leaving the Shakers.

Good luck, Thommo 

Details ⬇️ 

• edited August 2019
    Croydon said:
    _MrDick said:
    I’m watching it on SSN now ...
  • So sad. Another team gone. Whilst I am not a Roland fan, at least he is trying to run the club on a (in his own) financial footing.  To be honest with Bolton. Years and years ago. Gartside and his son were more than willing to do deals with players agents and take back handers with agents. How did Bolton end up with £160 million in debt when they didn't buy too many players when they were up in the Premier League? A lot of their players were out of contract and so must have involved in huge signing on fees. Wern't they in debt about 3/4yrs ago and went int administration. I don't want these clubs to go out of business but how did they get into this situation again after the last administration? 
  • Bury Football Club would like to issue the following statement to supporters.

We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for all supporters given the recent news regarding a potential takeover.

While the Club are working hard looking at other potential avenues with other interested parties, we would like to remind supporters that no one should gain access to inside the stadium (unless authorised).

CCTV is installed at Gigg Lane, and anyone damaging Club property or trespassing into the stadium itself will be identified and appropriately dealt with by the Police, who will have access to current and previous CCTV footage.

We would like to urge supporters to remain patient and respectful for Club property.  

• Bury Football Club would like to issue the following statement to supporters.

We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for all supporters given the recent news regarding a potential takeover.

While the Club are working hard looking at other potential avenues with other interested parties, we would like to remind supporters that no one should gain access to inside the stadium (unless authorised).

CCTV is installed at Gigg Lane, and anyone damaging Club property or trespassing into the stadium itself will be identified and appropriately dealt with by the Police, who will have access to current and previous CCTV footage.

We would like to urge supporters to remain patient and respectful for Club property.  

Will the EFL give them another extension?
  • although it is the sun

rather good piece

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9782829/bury-bolton-efl-latest-expelled-deadline-promotion-relegation/

explains everything think the efl have decided enough is enough now and in 28 minutes bury will no longer be a professional football club