Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    Official: Bury FC expelled from the EFL.
  • Options
    Confirmed - Bury are expelled. 
  • Options
    Very sad 
  • Options
    So sad, tragic in fact.
  • Options
    Bolton have 14 more days to meet EFL requirements 
  • Options
    Bolton have 14 more days to meet EFL requirements 
    How could they go from being under the same window to that? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Nothing has been learned from previous experiences. When Maidstone were kicked out, all the same things were said then, and that was in 1992.
    We are still having the same problems (but worse) over bad owners, financial mismanagement etc etc.
    Money is the God, greed rules, not people or communities, it’s simply money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton get 14 days

Bury get expelled

WTF, let me guess Bolton are bigger and ex premier league so they get more time
  • Options
    EFL are a fucking disgrace? Words can't describe how I feel. When did Dale buy Bolton? He was allowed to do so without any fit and proper tests done on him. Why did that arsehole not sort out the club and why did the EFL monitor what was going on at Bolton?  EFL are not fit ri run football, Our owner has got no ambition on football *even said so in his TV interview that he doesn't care about results). He has no idea how to run a football club, No CEO and charges us 3% per year on debts that he created,  He won't sell because he wants his money back which he is never going to get back. 
  • Options

Everyone make this your twitter picture, the EFL need to know what the footballing world think of them
  • Options
    Bolton get 14 days

Bury get expelled

Bury didn't even "start" the season.
    Bolton only missed 1 game I believe.
  • Options
    Bolton get 14 days

Bury get expelled

Bury didn't even "start" the season.
    Bolton only missed 1 game I believe.

and my cousins and family support Tranmere who beat them 5-0 their only win. So what happens to their results?
  • Options
    Awful for Bury, worrying for Bolton. Thoughts with fans of both - at least there are a couple of Phoenix club examples to take inspiration from next season (but god it’ll be a long season for their fans).

Sadly I fear it’s us next if we don’t make the premier league in the next couple of seasons - which is unlikely despite the current league position. With the staprix loans accumulating compound interest all the time, and already prohibitively big for any buyer to pay off in full as Roland wants, Roland only has to do surprisingly little and we’re in a serious Bury-style mess. Whilst our position as a London club makes a Palace-style CVA with a white knight new owner more likely than Bury, it does highlight the potential perils of our current position.
  • Options
    Disgraceful.

Nothing stopping this happening to any club outside of the elite.

• Options
    The first club to be expelled since 1919. Absolutely horrendous and everyone at the EFL who allowed it to reach this point should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Let’s hope a phoenix club is formed and can get the money together to at least buy back Gigg Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shameful EFL,

Takes 11 days to sort out a transfer, when they are in the wrong and yet they are allowed this to happen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9783813/steve-dale-bury-fc-net-worth-companies/
  • Options
    Havent watched sky sports news today, but they have apparently had a countdown clock for Bury and Boltons survival like its transfer deadline day, this is the future of 2 clubs that are over 100 years old and peoples livelyhoods not fucking something for your entertainment, sky should be disgusted with themselves for this

Havent watched sky sports news today, but they have apparently had a countdown clock for Bury and Boltons survival like its transfer deadline day, this is the future of 2 clubs that are over 100 years old and peoples livelyhoods not fucking something for your entertainment, sky should be disgusted with themselves for this
    That's appalling.  Honestly can't believe that one person in the whole production process didn't put a stop to it after realising it's completely inappropriate.
  • Options
    Also I see Jim White was fronting it, no surprise there.

Should start a countdown clock on him disappearing up the arse of some s***house owner while on the lookout for a 5 minute 'exclusive'.

• Options
    The first club to be expelled since 1919. Absolutely horrendous and everyone at the EFL who allowed it to reach this point should be ashamed of themselves.
    Not quite, Maidstone were expelled in 1992. 
  • Options
    They resigned from the league - they weren't expelled 
  • Options
    am so so angry right now and tearful for them. Those memories of going to Gigg Lane seeing Dean Kiely play for the 1st time against us in that 0-0 draw. I am so sad. Tearful 

• Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    How can you let someone buy a football club for a £1 and not have their finances checked? 
  • Options
    They resigned from the league - they weren't expelled 
    Ah sorry I stand corrected.