Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• What is Andy Holt on? Reading those texts it sounds like he wants someone to do something. There are only 72 people who can do anything, and he is one of them. Does he not know that he is part of the problem? If he believes that the owners want to give this power to the EFL, or if he wants clearer punishments, removing discretion from the decision, all he has to do is get the majority of owners to agree with him. 

If if he feels so strongly about it he should stop tweeting and do something. 
  • Could see Parky doing well at Hudds, they need to go back to basics. 
  • EFL unfit for purpose
  • The EFL Board has this afternoon been appraised of the very latest position in respect of ongoing matters at Bury Football Club.

As of 5pm there has been limited progress made either by the current ownership providing the required evidence in regard to outstanding financial information, or through a change of control being achieved with new owners.

The EFL will continue to provide all support available and will keep working to find a resolution to the ongoing issues ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline, which remains at 11.59 PM on Friday 23 August.

If a successful solution is not found ahead of tonight’s deadline, the Club’s share in the EFL will be withdrawn and its membership in the League will come to an end.

The EFL will move to confirm the position as soon as possible, with an update to be provided on Saturday 24 August.

• edited August 2019
    Sounds like they are sticking to their deadline and in 6 hours Bury could be out of the Football League
  • edited August 2019
    Yeah EFL have been working hard to resolve the issues at Bolton and Bury, by doing what fuck all? All they do is issue statements. 
  • Sounds like they are sticking to their deadline and in 12 hours Bury could be out of the Football League
    5 hours and 40 minutes I make it
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Blokes a chancer, I read somewhere that he's been involved with something like 55 companies of which around 45 have been liquidated. He has previous.

Really feel for Bury fans and the town, disgusting it's been allowed to happen, the EFL have a lot to answer for.
    Shocking that the Fit and Proper test doesnt check to see if someone has liquidated companies!!

Surely that should be checked as if someone has done that a number of times there is a risk they're going to do it to the Football club they're getting involved with
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Blokes a chancer, I read somewhere that he's been involved with something like 55 companies of which around 45 have been liquidated. He has previous.

Really feel for Bury fans and the town, disgusting it's been allowed to happen, the EFL have a lot to answer for.
    Shocking that the Fit and Proper test doesnt check to see if someone has liquidated companies!!

Surely that should be checked as if someone has done that a number of times there is a risk they're going to do it to the Football club they're getting involved with
    Maybe it does, but they didnt do the fit and propet person test on him, if the EFL hadnt rushed the last takeover through then Bury wouldnt be in this position now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Jevons said yesterday that under the terms of the F&P there was nothing in the rules that would have stopped him taking over

Said that he hadnt been banned from Football within X years nor was he a Director of another Football club which is the main focal point of the test I think
  • The EFL Board has this afternoon been appraised of the very latest position in respect of ongoing matters at Bury Football Club.

As of 5pm there has been limited progress made either by the current ownership providing the required evidence in regard to outstanding financial information, or through a change of control being achieved with new owners.

The EFL will continue to provide all support available and will keep working to find a resolution to the ongoing issues ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline, which remains at 11.59 PM on Friday 23 August.

If a successful solution is not found ahead of tonight’s deadline, the Club’s share in the EFL will be withdrawn and its membership in the League will come to an end.

The EFL will move to confirm the position as soon as possible, with an update to be provided on Saturday 24 August.

If they get kicked out, I wonder someone has the money to take the EFL to court for not carrying the proper due diligence on Dale. 

This is is very sad for the fans and players. 
  • Shaun Harvey, Jevons, predessor has a lot to answer for.
  • If only there was a barge full of rubber heading up the Manchester ship canal ready to save Bury.
  • Seems potential buyers are speaking to Andy Holt to gauge what it'll be like owning Bury at this level - Really hope it has legs!!

• Jevons said yesterday that under the terms of the F&P there was nothing in the rules that would have stopped him taking over

Said that he hadnt been banned from Football within X years nor was he a Director of another Football club which is the main focal point of the test I think
    And that’s the problem. The fit and proper test is useless.
  • I'm just praying that something happens at the last minute to save Bury. I can't even imagine how their loyal fans must be feeling right now. Football clubs are just too precious to be lost under such wretched circumstances.

If the worst happens, I hope a phoenix club can be set up and if so,I wish those involved the very best of fortune in their endeavours.
    Daily Mail claiming that two British businessmen (unnamed) are trying to get the EFL to agree an extension as they've got prove of the funds documented to show they can run the club

Andy Holt is apparently offering Financial guidance as per his tweet above to try and get the deal to happen

Seems the ex Port Vale owner has tried to do a deal too but thats only if Dale lowers his demands and accepts that neither he nor his associates will get anything from the CVA so cant see him accepting that!!
  • From Ivan Lewis, MP for Bury South

Breaking news: @buryfcofficial @forever_bury I believe a credible proof of funds has now been provided to #EFL +Steve Dale will be made a fair offer for the club before EFL deadline. I am optimistic the EFL who are being  helpful can give us the extension needed to save the club.

• Sponsored links:

• From Ivan Lewis, MP for Bury South

Breaking news: @buryfcofficial @forever_bury I believe a credible proof of funds has now been provided to #EFL +Steve Dale will be made a fair offer for the club before EFL deadline. I am optimistic the EFL who are being  helpful can give us the extension needed to save the club.

Bloody hope this'll happen!!

Trouble is I can understand the EFL's stance at this point - If they allow Bury to cancel anymore games then there wont be enough time to re-arrange them

They could give wins to the teams that have had games cancelled but then its unfair on those who will still have to face them and so potentially lose
  • What is Andy Holt on? Reading those texts it sounds like he wants someone to do something. There are only 72 people who can do anything, and he is one of them. Does he not know that he is part of the problem? If he believes that the owners want to give this power to the EFL, or if he wants clearer punishments, removing discretion from the decision, all he has to do is get the majority of owners to agree with him. 

If if he feels so strongly about it he should stop tweeting and do something. 
    FFS. He tweets because the other 71 dont support his positions. 

This is the chairman who came for a beer and chat with Charlton fans in the White Swan. Unlike the owner of Charlton, one of the 71...
    But Roland is likley to vote WITH Holt, not against him? 
  • Local councils maybe able to play a part in protecting clubs by putting restrictions on how the land can be used. Remove re- development and clubs are less susceptible to developers.

I would like clubs to go down the German route personally.
  • As Andy Holt has been saying though

The EFL is a membership of 72-club owners, they're not going to agree to a German model because they wont have full control over what they've purchased

Its going to need an Independent Football Regulator to enforce that type of rule
  • Random Twitter comment has just said that its Fawaz Al Hasawi (ex-Nottingham Forest) thats trying to buy them