Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• I have a feeling he'll accept a late offer and the EFL (who must surely be giving them every extension possible because of their own fuck up in not doing proper checks on Dale) will give them another few days to sort it out as it's a bank holiday weekend.
    Seems like this will happen.

EFL will give them every extension possible to get this sorted rather than have them kicked out.
  • Have a soft spot for Bury ,watched them afew times at many grounds. Only wants one club to fall out of the league  and then more will follow..

EFL depends on you and of course Dale .Do the right thing Dale and sell and then approve new owner EFL.

• Praying this goes through and the loyal supporters get a say in rebuilding their club.

That has to be the priority.

Once the dust settles, something needs to be done about Steve Dale and his accomplices. An absolute wrongun who should be facing some sort of retribution.
  • Curious to know how a company with negative net assets of £191k in their latest accounts is named as the bidder of a company with immediate capital needs of several million.

Given the nature of their business it’s possible they’re fronting for some punters (Asian?), but smart speculators don’t typically make investments (eg League 1 football clubs) where you are guaranteed to lose money.
  • I remember going to Bury many many years ago with a friend of mine Marc. One of our friends was running a b&B in Blackpool at the time. Went to the Bury v Charlton game. I remember us having shot after shot after shot but we couldn't score. I think the game ended up 0-0. I thought "if it wasn't for that goalie we would have won that". Within a couple of years we signed Dean Kiely from Bury for a £1 million. It was then that I thought "that was the keeper who had an outstanding game that we couldn't score past". Good signing. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I remember going to Bury many many years ago with a friend of mine Marc. One of our friends was running a b&B in Blackpool at the time. Went to the Bury v Charlton game. I remember us having shot after shot after shot but we couldn't score. I think the game ended up 0-0. I thought "if it wasn't for that goalie we would have won that". Within a couple of years we signed Dean Kiely from Bury for a £1 million. It was then that I thought "that was the keeper who had an outstanding game that we couldn't score past". Good signing. 
    August 1997. Might have been September 
  • Sold by a villain to the son of an advisor to a war criminal. What could go wrong!
  • Rudders22 said:
    They still have to do DD yet. How can that be done and achieved in 48hrs.
    We know it takee 2yrs. 
    Roland didn't even bother with DD.

• Sponsored links:

• So Bury have until Tuesday to get this takeover done, presume they've got extra time due to the Bank Holiday Weekend

They'e started asking fans to help clean Gigg Lane ahead of their game with Doncaster next week... Got a bit of a feel of Charlton about it
  • Wow... Bolton's turn now

They've got until Tuesday to complete their takeover or provide credible plans that they can compete this season they're expelled from the League
  • So Bury have until Tuesday to get this takeover done, presume they've got extra time due to the Bank Holiday Weekend

They'e started asking fans to help clean Gigg Lane ahead of their game with Doncaster next week... Got a bit of a feel of Charlton about it
    I assume they'll have to play a bunch of kids too like Bolton as last i read they only had about 5 senior players?

I assume they'll have to play a bunch of kids too like Bolton as last i read they only had about 5 senior players?
    Dunno... I read something that they had players training at Carrington (Man Utd's training ground) and were ready to play - Whether they were kids or more experienced players ready to sign remains to be seen
  • Bolton now in danger of facing liquidation after their proposed takeover fell through over the weekend.
  • Sage said:
    Bolton now in danger of facing liquidation after their proposed takeover fell through over the weekend.
    A lot of water under this particular bridge since they were in the PL with Phil Gartside
    advocating a closed membership with no relegation or promotion......
  • Bury might be an easier club to rescue. Less potential, but smaller and with lower running costs I imagine
  • https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joint-administrator-for-bolton-wanderers4/#.XWOrWR4Wo6g.twitter

"At 5pm on Friday August 23, the completion of the sale of the football club and the hotel had been agreed by all parties and undertakings had been issued by all solicitors except those of Ken Anderson.

Devastatingly, on Saturday morning that deal collapsed. "
  • I think Bolton will get a last minute reprieve and the message sent from the administrators was a “focuser” as my boss would call it. 

God knows what will happen with Bury.
  • Theyll still be here in a week’s time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't realise Bolton and Bury are only 6 miles apart.
  • cafctom said:
    Theyll still be here in a week’s time.
    Agreed. Will be amazed if Bolton aren't saved.
  • Addickted said:
    Didn't realise Bolton and Bury are only 6 miles apart.

The area is probably dominated too much by united and city these days and the periphery clubs will struggle more and more. They will go under because they’ll no longer be viable. When we were last at Bury I got the tram with everybody else and while we were waiting for it to start its journey back to Manchester one of the locals saw all the red shirts and said to her mate ‘united must be at home’
  • Bolton have 4 options:

1. Somehow the parties involved revert to the agreed deal that was in place on Friday.

2. A compromise is agreed between Anderson and the Eddie Davies Trust - creditors who are owed around £7m.

3. Another buyer comes to the table with cash.

4. Administration cannot be afforded for much longer, and therefore a process of winding-up the club and liquidation could begin as soon as Wednesday morning.

• Addickted said:

The area is probably dominated too much by united and city these days and the periphery clubs will struggle more and more. They will go under because they’ll no longer be viable. When we were last at Bury I got the tram with everybody else and while we were waiting for it to start its journey back to Manchester one of the locals saw all the red shirts and said to her mate ‘united must be at home’
    There’s just so many teams in that part of the country. I know there are lots in London too but this is a huge city (whose population is multiplied by very large numbers of tourists, a decent % of whom I’m sure take in a Premier League match while they are here) with good transport links and there is far more wealth to be distributed which means clubs are better prepared to survive.
  • se9addick said:
    Addickted said:

There’s just so many teams in that part of the country. I know there are lots in London too but this is a huge city (whose population is multiplied by very large numbers of tourists, a decent % of whom I’m sure take in a Premier League match while they are here) with good transport links and there is far more wealth to be distributed which means clubs are better prepared to survive.

Its grim oop north.
  • Addickted said:
    With Rochdale a few miles to the east and Wigan a few miles to the west
  • Addickted said:
    With Rochdale a few miles to the east and Wigan a few miles to the west
    Not forgetting Oldham & Blackburn are in that vicinity too........and the Rugby teams. 

In League one we talk about a "derby" when we play Southend & Gillingham, both of which are around 30 miles away.