Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• EFL have now said that Bury will be given an extra 24-48 hours if Steve Dale agrees to sell the club by midnight on Friday
  • Apparently there are four groups interested with Dale having a preference for one of them

All sounds a bit like Roland but really hope that it happens for them!!
  • So does that mean the EFL are going to rush through another sale and leave the fit and proper person test?
    isnt that how they got in this mess in the first place?
    I wonder if they just want evidence of the money so might let games be played whilst the takeover goes through

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243

The club has until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove their financial viability.

So similar to what Bolton have been doing
  • edited August 2019
    What was the previous deadline......I mean not the one before the one before. Wasn't it noon tomorrow....??

Typical EFL. More delays. Just stick to what you say you are going to do. 
  • Capitalism in tooth and claw.
    Unless the political system changes this is symptomatic of our future in all areas.
    Do something other than mithering online or just shut up.
    Unless you protest against all the shit our leaders allow you are complicit.
  • I thought he said he had the funds and just needed to provide the evidence........
  • What a c#*t. 

Well done the Football League for facilitating and enabling an absolute tragedy.
  • Whats laughable is last week he had an argument on TalkSport with Stephen Dawson, the latter was saying it was all lies whilst Dale just said he'd prove everyone wrong by today

Looks like we'll see Dawson proven right today
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Dale is 'begging the public' to come up with £2.7 million by end of play today!

More chance of knitting fog, but when Bury go to the wall he will no doubt blame the 'public' for allowing it to happen.

And we think Roland is deluded!

• Its just a joke as paid £1 for the club and its clear he's done it to try and make a quick buck - If someone offers him the money he wants for the club then it'll be great that they've been saved...

Just be frustrating that he'll be laughing with his friends (if he has anyone) talking about the easiest million he's ever made and how he's a genius!!
  • It's so ironic that within a few miles of both Bury and Bolton sit 4 of the richest teams in the country - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

If Bury and Bolton can somehow get themselves back on their feet, it would be nice if those 4 were to loan them without charge some of their star youngster so that they could at least put out competitive teams.

Incidentally the Times reported yesterday that proposals for a salary cap in the EFL were discussed by the 72 club chairmen at a specially convened meeting last week. Roland will be happy. 
  • It's so ironic that within a few miles of both Bury and Bolton sit 4 of the richest teams in the country - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

If Bury and Bolton can somehow get themselves back on their feet, it would be nice if those 4 were to loan them without charge some of their star youngster so that they could at least put out competitive teams.

Incidentally the Times reported yesterday that proposals for a salary cap in the EFL were discussed by the 72 club chairmen at a specially convened meeting last week. Roland will be happy. 
    Thats one of the problems that Bury faces

How do they attract fans when you've three of the top six effectively on your doorstep - Its similar for us but at least London is more populated with better wages etc.

I know Joe Sealey (one of those interested) said that it was amazing that Bury didnt have connections and if he took over at the club its a route he'd try and go down... i.e. Mentioned David Brooks (@ AFC Bournemouth), he was released by Man City as a kid and comes from Warrington - Why didnt Bury snap him up
  • The EFL failed Bury completely in letting serial failure Dale takeover the club - they have to take their share of responsibility.

I bet the Accrington, Macclesfield, Rochdale and Oldham fans would be delighted with their local rivals be given such a helping hand.
  • Addickted said:
    It's so ironic that within a few miles of both Bury and Bolton sit 4 of the richest teams in the country - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

I bet the Accrington, Macclesfield, Rochdale and Oldham fans would be delighted with their local rivals be given such a helping hand.
    I suspect they wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. No more than I would if Millwall were on the verge of going out of business and West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea offered them some of their promising young players 
  • What an arse. Kept saying he had the money. Why didn't he just pay it and keep EFL happy.  EFL are absolutely shit.  Henry raised some good points a couple of days ago. The EFL are doing enough?  The ONLY thing I agree with RD is that clubs should be self financing. However, all the time the money spread out by TV revenues and clubs get parachute payments for 3 years, the uneven spread continues.  EFL would much rather take action about a club celebrating with a burger. They took months to investigate Roland and the unpaid bonuses and reported nothing. All they are concerned about is themselves and how they look and clubs carry out the fixtures. Football needs an overhaul, but what is the answer? 
  • Can one of our potential buyers do the same?
  • Sponsored links:

• 72 clubs with golden shares.

We are the power.

Owners have an equal responsibility to each other and the collective.

I’m as responsible for this shocking state of affairs as the next owner.

I’ll be vocal because I’m sick of it.

I want fellow owners to get this shit sorted.
  • If the guy paid a quid and has put in practically nothing of his own money, why hasn't he accepted an offer by now? There's been reports he's had offers of around 500k for it, so that's still a decent profit, but he apparently wants 800k+.

Considering the alternative is to accept no offer, they get kicked out of the league and he probably has to either emigrate or go everywhere with a security team, then you'd think he'd just take the money and fuck off.
  • If the guy paid a quid and has put in practically nothing of his own money, why hasn't he accepted an offer by now? There's been reports he's had offers of around 500k for it, so that's still a decent profit, but he apparently wants 800k+.

Considering the alternative is to accept no offer, they get kicked out of the league and he probably has to either emigrate or go everywhere with a security team, then you'd think he'd just take the money and fuck off.
    He wants the ground though to build on. More profitable I have heard so it doesn't bother him. 
  • This is remarkable. The guy is completely deluded and feels he's done nothing wrong.

Laughable that he also says he's had messages of support..............but couldn't find any to show the interviewer.
  • I have a feeling he'll accept a late offer and the EFL (who must surely be giving them every extension possible because of their own fuck up in not doing proper checks on Dale) will give them another few days to sort it out as it's a bank holiday weekend.
  • oh but she gave them a whole 24 to 48hrs
  • Rudders22 said:
    If the guy paid a quid and has put in practically nothing of his own money, why hasn't he accepted an offer by now? There's been reports he's had offers of around 500k for it, so that's still a decent profit, but he apparently wants 800k+.

He wants the ground though to build on. More profitable I have heard so it doesn't bother him. 
    If that is right - I have no idea if it is but suspect you may well be right - then you have put your finger on it. 

A lot of the old grounds are in the City Centre and are ripe for development. Sadly, our impotent EFL gives chancers the opportunity to do so and make a lot of money in the process.

At the end of the day, wasn't that what the owners before Roland wanted to do to us?
  • Rudders22 said:
    If the guy paid a quid and has put in practically nothing of his own money, why hasn't he accepted an offer by now? There's been reports he's had offers of around 500k for it, so that's still a decent profit, but he apparently wants 800k+.

If that is right - I have no idea if it is but suspect you may well be right - then you have put your finger on it. 

A lot of the old grounds are in the City Centre and are ripe for development. Sadly, our impotent EFL gives chancers the opportunity to do so and make a lot of money in the process.

At the end of the day, wasn't that what the owners before Roland wanted to do to us?
    Yes it was. And lets not forget that Roland wanted to hand over ownership of our football club to the EFL last season so that he could continue to try and find a buyer for The Valley whilst not being burdened with the running costs of the football operation.